Status: Comment and Subscribe....

My Teacher Is a What?

Chapter 11 - The King is mad

~Unknown POV~

“Has she found the whereabouts of the princess Mitus?” asked Master Leonard who stared aimlessly out the window.

He sighed with disappointment as I answered, “No, she has not Master Leonard.”

“Tell her that I have a meeting with her in an hour no less, and she better be here,” Master Leonard hissed as anger sneaked into his handsome face.

I bowed, and said, “Of course Master.”

“You’re dismissed Mitus,” he said as he went back to gazing out of the window aimlessly.

I excused myself and made my way toward the Palace doors, but before I could make it, my wife Sharonella blocked my way with tears streaming down her face.

I looked at her with concern, and asked, “What’s wrong now Sharon, you know I have important matters on my hands?”

She pulled to a corner, and said, “Oh Mitus please say it isn’t so?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed saying, “We’ve been through this a million times Sharonella. I’ve told you, I am not cheating on you.”

“Then why did I just hear…” she said, but I cut her off.

“You must stop believing what you hear, those are just rumors, you trust me don’t you?” I said, my eyebrows narrowing her down.

She shrunk back, and said, “Of course I trust you…”

“Then why not act like it for once, alright? You have to be positive not negative. We must talk about this a little later, right now Master Leonard has given me a mission that I must take part in,” and without another word, I pushed her to the side and left the safety of the palace.

~Maya~

“Hahahahaha, good one Chrissie, next time, remind me to take a picture,” I said still in the fit of laughter.

Ms. C huffed, and said, “Hey, you’re not the one running miles, why don’t you stop laughing and help me finish this race.”

I stopped laughing, and said, “No way Ma’am, the last thing I need is a sprained ankle.”

She was about to protest, when a flash of bright light appeared out of nowhere, and that man that was named Mr. Hartomer showed up, looking just like the last time I saw him, transparent and sticky along with his clothes.

Ms. C and I stared at each other in confusion, and then looked at Mr. Hartomer.

Then Ms. C said, “Nice of you to drop in on short notice Mr. Hartomer, what’s new?”

Mr. Hartomer glanced at me, and said, “There is a bit of delay for today’s schedule with your student Ms. C; I would need to come with me.”

She looked at me with concern, and said as she looked back at Mr. Hartomer, “It’s serious isn’t it?”

He nodded, and she said to me with a smile, “Don’t worry May, we’ll finish I’ll deal later alright? Right now, you’ll have to return home, you know where it is from here right?”

I glared at her in confusion, “But, what’s wrong? Why can’t I stay?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll explain later, just go on home now,” she said a little urgently as she pushed me gently onto the sidewalk, and turned to talk to Mr. Hartomer.

I looked at them both sadly, and began my journey home, what is going on here? What’s so important that I have to go home, and on a date?

This made me angry and upset, but more upset than angry, our date was ruined by none other than that Mr. Hartomer person, and I was starting to hate him even more than before.

Once I made it home, my mom saw my sad face, and asked, “What’s wrong Maya, how was your day with Ms. Crystal?”

I looked down, trying not to cry, “It was ruined by some old man who had an urgent message for Ms. C, I think it deals with her other job or something, I don’t really know.”

I then made my way towards my room, and said, “Don’t bother making dinner mom, I just lost my appetite,” afterwards, I slammed my door and flopped on my bed. Ruined, everything was ruined. I cried myself to sleep.

~Chrissie~

We walked a distance from the park, Mr. Hartomer and I, and he began to explain why he had come.

“Christina, you are needed at the royal palace, Mater Leonard wants to have a one-on-one meeting with you,” he explained, giving me a serious glance.

I sighed, and said, “What does he have to tell me?”

“Find out when we get there,” he said, grasping my hand and disappearing.

We reappeared in the hall of the Palace where the king’s room is right near by. Mitus watches as I walk up to the king’s door and knock softly.

I hear a calm voice say, “Come in.”

I stared at Mitus with fear in my eyes, and he nods for me to continue. So I take a deep breath and walk into the fire lit room. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the King’s chambers; he always keeps it the same way every year, it never changes, but the king in it does.

I walked up the King’s bed, and said, “You’ve sent for me your majesty?”

“Chrissie, come sit here,” says Master Leonard.

I nod and sit down on a soft chair next to the king’s bed, and when I peer at him, he seems to be getting older and older by the days.

“Yes your majesty, I cam as fast as I could, what is it that you want to tell me?” I asked eager to just get the news over with.

The King sat up, and looked into my bright eyes, and said, “For years, you have been my trusted adviser Chrissie, and now I have something to say.”

“Yes your majesty?” I say, waiting for his big speech.

He stood up and started to pace the room saying, “This girl named Maya, what do you know about her?”

I was stunned; this was something I wasn’t expecting. “I…uh…well that is to say…” I sighed, and said, “She’s a very bright girl, she’s smart, tough, cute, and is very intelligent, why?”

I then saw his face inches from mine as his eyes glowed red as he said, “Because, I’m beginning to think that you are forgetting what your mission is Chrissie.”

I moved away from him, and said, “No, I know what my mission is; it’s to find the lost Princess.”

“Yes, MY lost Princess, my own daughter whose been taken by those thieves who call themselves humans, more like MONSTERS to me!” He yelled, his hands forming flame balls.

“Please, have mercy, I will do my best, and if you may think about it, Maya could be the one we’re looking for,” I said, hoping that Master will calm down.

“MAYA?!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?” He said, his voice echoing the castle walls. This was not what I wanted.

He then raised his flaring hands up, and shot a fire dart at me…OH GOD!
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, what do you think huh?