Status: Comment and Subscribe....

My Teacher Is a What?

Chapter 4 - Cherrie

~Maya~

Well, all I could say is that after dad’s death, my mom has been becoming harder to communicate with. When I came home today, I said the usual, “Mom, I’m home!”

All I got was silence, as usual, so I thought maybe she was too busy. So I just shrugged it off, and went upstairs to finish the rest of my math homework that Ms. C and I started.

And speaking of Ms. C, I couldn’t stop wondering why she was trying to pressure me into telling her about my sexuality. ‘Why would she be so interested in me?’

A voice spoke to me, and said, ‘Don’t you think she’s interested because she’s lonely?’

‘What do you mean?” I asked the voice, as I put my pencil down.

‘What I mean is…don’t you think she could be the same thing as you are?’ the voice said.

I thought for a moment, and then said, ‘You know, I never thought of that.’

I felt myself smile, and started to get excited. If she was the same sexuality as me, does that mean she has an interest in me? This question had me thinking, and I decided to think about for some time. I didn’t even hear my mom come into the room.

When I felt a hand grasp my shoulder, I jumped in surprise, and saw that it was mom, and she did not look happy.

“Maya, how come you haven’t told me you were home?” she asked, her voice filled with anger.

“I did, but you didn’t answer,” I said with a simple shrug.

She only sighed, and said, “You should’ve come to me to tell me that you were home.”

I nodded, not really caring whether or not she heard me. I then turned back to my work, and when I heard my mom walk off, I then put up my homework and turned my laptop on. I wanted to check and see who was online.

When I signed in, I saw that a lot of people were on, but don’t get the wrong idea. I know that I said I don’t talk to anyone that is true, I don’t, at least not in public school. When I was homeschooled, I went to an online schooling which helped me out a lot with my education.

And during those times, I have made a lot of friends, and we each swapped emails and chatted a lot online. They knew what I looked like, and me them. I saw one of my friends; her name was Cherrie I saw was on. Cherrie has pink and white hair, brown eyes, and white skin, she was a great friend to have too, and she’s also a short girl. Everyone teases her about it, but she plays along like she doesn’t notice. She’s a strong girl who isn’t too emotionless.

I smiled, and clicked her name, and began talking like I’ve never spoken to her in years.

Spring flower: Hey Cherrie, how’ve been?

Cherrielovesskittles: OMG, hey May!! It’s been forever, how are you? Before you answer, I’m doing well, just busy with a lot of school work.

Spring Flower: Nothing much, I’m going to public school now, my parents forced me, you know why…

Cherrielovesskittles: (nods) Yep, I understand, I still can’t believe they did that to you. How is everything at your new school?

Spring Flower: (frowns) I hate it, everyone thinks I’m a freak or something.

Cherrielovesskittles: Why do you say that?

Spring Flower: Because it’s plain on their faces, I mean, I don’t talk to anyone because I don’t choose to, they just won’t understand the way my life is going, not that I want them to.

Cherrielovesskittles: (shrugs) I guess you won’t know how it is to socialize if you don’t speak to anyone. You never know, someone there could be going through the same thing.

I thought about this, and then said:

Spring Flower: You know, I had that same thought the other day. I have that same feeling, like there is someone there who is in the same situation; I just don’t know who it could be. I mean, it could be anybody.

Cherrielovesskittles: I know, I was going to say the same thing.

I then heard my mom call for dinner. I saw that it was close to 7:00, and then said:

Spring Flower: Wow, I haven’t noticed how fast the time has gone. I gotta go, dinner time, talk to you later? :D

Cherrielovesskittles: Sure thing, great to speak with you again, hope all goes well. :D

Spring Flower: Thanks, bye, love you!

Cherrielovesskittles: Love you too! :D

(Spring Flower logs out)

I then closed down my laptop, and then ran downstairs for dinner, glad that I at least got a chance to talk to someone that I knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, another character has been added to the list. I know this was short, but I was in a hurry. I'll probably put up chapter 5 tomorrow or later.

As for right now, I g2g, bye!