Status: as it goes

Criss Cross

Nightmares

"Smile little one as if you do not know,
growl little one as if someone can hear

red eyes
red hair what a pretty combination.

Hide your wings
Hide your eyes as if you can hide from me."

The sing song voice turned into a hiss, and Alisha awoke with a jerk, and a long drawn out scream.

-----------------------------------------

A second yell matched mine followed by pained coughs and retching.

"Damien!"

I scrambled out from under my baby blue covers and ran for the door tripping over the rug in the process.

Letting out a curse I pushed myself back up to my feet.

But before I could reach the door it sprang open and my eyes meet the white face of Enri; his strange aquamarine hair sticking out in all directions.

"Go back to sleep Alisha I'll take care of it."

Like hell I would

Following him down the hall I tried to shake off the jittery feeling the dream had left me with.

Enri fumbled around in the dark finally grasping the bathroom door handle.

I didn't follow, I could hear sound of Damien's ragged breathing and Enri's voice trying to calm him down.

Damien's voice sounded raspy and scared.

I sighed leaning against the wall knowing we were in for a long night.

I slid down til I was crouched at the door's base.

Enri's head peaked out of the doorway.

The angles of his cheekbone thrown into sharp relief by the rooms florescent lights.

"It's going to be a while,"

way to state the obvious

"You really should go back to sleep."

crossing my arms I glared."I'm staying here til it's over," I said firmly and louder than necessary hoping Damien could hear me.

"Call me if you need me."

Enri opened his mouth as if to say something else, but was interrupted by a barely muffled moan.

"Enri...," began to say but he interrupted

"Don't Alisha, I know I can't make you do anything, I never have been able to."

He ducked back in the doorway before she could retort.

Letting out a groan of frustration

I banged my head against the wall, glaring determinately at the opposite wall.

But before I knew what was happening my tired eyes slid shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hullo all! please comment.