Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

Didn't See That Coming

Lyric

After Jimmy told me where Shadows' office was, I managed to find it in record time. I knocked but got no response, I peeked my head in. “Hello?”

No answer.

I shrugged and went in, looking around at the large, curved wooden desk, all the leather seats, the shiny wood floor and the end tables with lamps. A laptop, a file, some papers, a desk lamp, and some pens littered the desk carelessly.

Dusting things under my arm, I began to empty off the desk on the top. Putting everything on a table near by. I sprayed then wiped the cool, smooth surface before setting the cleaning things on a book shelf to reset the desk.

I picked up the lap top first, carefully setting it where I found it. I put the pens in the holder and sharpened the few pencils that were scattered with them. I made my way over to the table, picking up the thick folder only for it to slip its contents out of my grip and all over the floor, covering a decent amount in paper.

I sighed and dropped to my knees to gather the papers, hoping they weren't in any specific order.

I began to hum a random tune as I picked up each paper, careful not to bend them. Before I knew it, I'd picked up about half of the papers when suddenly the door slammed open, scaring the crap outta me and making me drop all the papers.

Shadows stormed in the room, stepping on a few papers as he strode over to me, fists clentched.
“Going through my shit huh? You think going through peoples files is fun? HUH?!”

I opened my mouth to explain that I had dropped the file and was trying to pick them back up when he sharply slapped my face, hard enough to send me flying to the side on the ground.

“I wasn't going through anything!” My cheek burned as he stood over me.

“Don't you DARE raise your voice at me! I am your master! You are mine!” he growled, reaching down slapping me again in the same cheek that I knew would bruise. I gasped at the second hit and tried explaining again, despite the pain.

“I was cleaning off your desk and dropped a folder, I've been trying to pick them back up. Master.” My voice cracked and tears stung my eyes.

Why do I do this? Why can't I be more like Cinder? I am spineless and I can't take a hit without tearing up! I'm pathetic! Cinder would have verbally kicked his ass long before now.

Regret entered his hazel eyes for a moment, before disappearing and his eyes hardening.

“Do your chores.” He hissed, stomping out of the room.

I felt hot tears slip down my cheeks that I quickly wiped away with my thumb before beginning to pick up the papers again, my cheek throbbing.

Within fifteen minuets, I'd finished with the papers and his desk cleaned the book shelves and tables and put that leather cleaner spray junk on the furniture. I took my list out of my cleavage and opened it; Sweep foyer

I sighed and headed out of the room, hoping no one would see my bruise. I tossed my hair so it fell over my collar bone in an attempt to cover my cheek as I looked around for a cleaning closet thing.

“Uh...” I peeked in a few doors before finding what I was looking for. I grabbed a broom and a dustpan before heading to where the foyer is.

It. Was. Huge. Ugh. I began to sweep, my eyes cast to the floor watching what I was doing. I'm kinda surprised at how fast I've adjusted to being the maid of my favorite band, how quickly I was able to accept the fact that vampires, werewolves, mutants and zombies are real. Weird, I think.

I let my mind go blank as I swept away, occasionally gathering the dirt in the pan. I don't know when, I dumped the dirt into a trash can and took care of the broom and dust pan. I took out my list, delighted to see the only thing left was; Make lunch- serve at noon.

I went back to the kitchen to see Johnny scarfing down some raw steak. I froze and watched him tear the meat apart before swallowing it whole. I shivered, and he turned around. “Don't bother making lunch for me, I'm good.” He smiled, his teeth tinted pink with blood, and left.

Gross.

I wasn't sure what to make, so I made some BLT's and loaded up the cart as the clock tolled 12. I rolled the cart to the dinging room where everyone but Johnny sat.

I sat plates in front of everyone, setting the plate of sandwiches between them along with some beers. To my surprise when I Brian's beer in front of him he grabbed my face, I froze in fear that he'd hit me.

Instead, he turned my head to the side and pushed my hair off my face looking at my bruise.

His eyes hardened and he pulled his mouth into a scowl before letting go of my face and turning away. I walked past Jimmy as I put my hair back over the bruise and watched him tense up, his eyes turned a deep blood red and he clenched his fists.

A weird feeling ran through my head, it was...unsettling.

Matt looked down, seemingly ashamed. I've never seen him look like that, and frankly never thought I would. Maybe the abuse is over!

As soon as the thought crossed my mind I saw Matt look up with totally black eyes, in a flash it felt like my head exploded and I collapsed to the ground. I couldn't hold back my scream of agony as my body smacked the floor with a boom.

More and more pressure squeezed my head and I clutched at it, trying to tear the pain off.

“DAMN IT SHADOWS STOP IT!” I faintly heard right before glass shattered.

The pain stopped and my vision flickered, I gasped for air until everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there, and thank you for reading another chapter of our story :) We hope you enjoyed the surprise and thank you again, for choosing to read this!

Sorry, flight attendent moment lol

This is my chapter and we'd like it of you told us what you thought about it. :)