Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

"We Don't Have A Cat."

CINDER’S POV

“There.” Synyster said, standing up. I looked down at my arms which were now wrapped in many layers of white gauze.

“It’s itchy.” I groaned.

“Shut up.” He whined. I giggled and he cracked a half-smile before reaching towards my breasts.

“HEY! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” I snarled, jumping back. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I was getting your chores. You cut so high it’s gonna be hard to bend your arms, so I was just going to get them from you. I didn’t want to feel you up or anything.” He explained. I eyed him carefully, a little embarrassed.

“I’ll get them.” I insisted. Dammit. The gauze kept my fucking arm from bending.

After struggling for a few minutes, I was interrupted.

“Are you done?” Syn asked. I sighed.

“Yes, Synyster.” I sighed.

“Brian.” He said. My eyes widened slightly.

“You want me to call you Brian?” I stuttered. He rolled his eyes.

“That’s my fucking name. Plus I’m tired of reminding you to call me sir.” He said. We both winced as he reached forward and plucked the list of chores from between my cleavage. He frowned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. He shook his head, crumpling the small paper up into a ball and throwing it into the trashcan.

“You’re not gonna be able to do any of these with that gauze on. Just…just clean my room so you don’t get in trouble.” He sighed. I nodded.

“Okay…thanks Sy-I mean Brian.” I said, catching myself. He nodded.

“No more cutting, alright? Don’t piss off Shadows more than you already have.” Brian said, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him. I looked down at my arms, blood already leaking through the sterile white gauze.

“I’m a fucking screwup.” I muttered.

“Why in the hell would you think that?” Someone asked from the door. My head shot up as I faced the voice.

Zacky.

My heart immediately started beating faster and he smirked.

“I make you nervous.” He said, walking over to me. He didn’t say it like an asshole or anything; he was just stating a fact. I shook my head jerkily.

“N-no you don’t.” I insisted. He shook his head, smiling to himself as I glared at him.

“What happened here?” He asked, gently taking my one of my arms.

Think, Cinder think.

“The cat got me.” I said, proud of myself for coming up with an excuse. He raised an eyebrow.

“We don’t have a cat.” He smirked.

Dammit.

“You cut yourself.” He stated. I growled.

“If you already knew the answer, why would you ask the question?” I hissed. He shrugged.

“To see if you’d own up to it.” He said nonchalantly. I mentally slapped myself for looking stupid. He chuckled.

“It’s fine. I didn’t own up to it until I was ready to get help. You need help though, Cinder.” He said, all humor erased as he stared into my eyes.

He’s got really pretty eyes. They’re the perfect shade of green. They have a few gold flecks in them too. He’s just pretty in general. I wonder if-

“CINDER! CINDER!” Zacky shouted, waving his hand in front of my face. I blushed.

Dammit, Zacky! What are you doing to me? I’m never this nervous around guys! I never blush!

“I told you I make you nervous.” Zacky smirked.

“I already told you that you don’t.” I growled. He laughed.

“Then why the heck did you say ‘I’m never this nervous around guys’?” He asked. Fuck. Did I say that out loud?

“Yeah, you did. But it’s pretty easy to read you too.” Zacky answered me.

“GODDAMMIT!” I shrieked, burying my face into my hands.

“You said that out loud too, just so you know.” He said, patting my back lightly.

“Shut up.” I growled. He laughed again.

“Why do I make you nervous?” Zacky asked, leaning closer to me. My eyes widened as my breath got faster.

“Y-you d-don’t.” I stuttered. He leaned forward and as soon as I felt his warm breath on my mouth, the door slammed open, making us jump apart.

“Lyric has to go to the hospital. She-” Jimmy panted urgently. In seconds I was up from the bed and in Jimmy’s face.

“YOU FUCKING IDIOT! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO KEEP HER SAFE, YOU ASSHOLE! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT DID SHADOWS DO? I SWEAR TO GOD, I’LL KILL HIM IF HE DID SOMETHING TO HER!” I screamed. Zacky quickly came up behind me, putting his hands on my shoulders and pulling me back so I was pressed against his chest.

“Cinder, you need to calm down.” He demanded. Even he wasn’t enough to calm me down this time, but he was stronger than me. He picked me up, holding me to his chest tightly, ignoring my struggles.

“PUT ME DOWN YOU FUCKER! THEY FUCKING SAID THEY’D KEEP HER SAFE AND SHE’S IN THE FUCKING HOSPITAL! GODDAMMIT! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? FUCK!” I screeched.

“CINDER SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU’RE NOT HELPING ANYTHING!” Zacky shouted. I immediately stopped struggling, going limp in his arms.

“Sorry.” I muttered. What the fuck was Zacky doing to me??

“It’s okay. Here, put this on.” Zacky instructed, putting me down in the backseat and handing me his hoodie. It read ‘Vengeance University’ on it in white letters.

“What for?” I asked, slipping it on.

“Hide your arms from Lyric.” He said simply. I smiled gratefully at him.

“Thanks.” I whispered. He nodded, closing my door and walking around to the front seat. He got in and nodded at Jimmy signaling for him to start driving. He hit the gas and pulled away from the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys! Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Sorry it took so long for me to get this up. Been busy :P

We hope you liked it! If you did, be sure to tell us in the comment box over there -->

THANK YOU FOR READING!