Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

Hospital

LYRIC'S POV

I woke up feeling dizzy, opening my eyes I saw Johnny sitting next to my bedside. My head was bandaged up and I wore a hospital gown.

Bedside?

“Master?”

He looked up and offered me grin that didn't reach his eyes. “Yes?”

“Where am I?”

“A hospital for supernatural creatures. The others are on their way. Jimmy was so pissed at Matt, he lunged over the table and took a chunk out of his neck.”

My eyes widened in shock. Jimmy cares about me that much? Wow!

“How is Matt?” I asked, unsure if I could call him that

“His neck is probably mostly healed by now.”

“How did he do that...head thing?”

Johnny swallowed “Matt...being the alpha drinks blood. It gives him ability's, and that's one of them. He hasn't used it in years...what did you do or think that pissed him off that bad?”

I licked my lips “I...When Jimmy saw my bruise, he got red eyes and Matt looked ashamed. So..I thought that maybe the abuse was over and...I guess I was wrong.”
“Oh. I'm sorry.”

“It's not your fault, you weren't even there.”

“I know but...ugh.” He shook his head, casting his gaze to the floor.

In an attempt to lighten the mood I asked “So...How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?”

He chuckled “A woodchuck would chuck as much would as it could until Chuck Norris got there.” He smiled.

I giggled. Suddenly the door slammed open and Cinder came bolting to my bedside, shoving Johnny out of his chair and grabbed my hand.

“Oh my god Lyric are you okay?! I was so worried! Does your stomach hurt? Does your head hurt? Do your toes hurt?!” She gushed.

“I'm a little dizzy and my head stings a bit but I'm okay.”

“Are you sure?” She asked.

“Yeah. Nice hoodie by the way.” I complemented her Vengeance University hoodie I've never seen before. She frowned for a moment before wiping it off into a smile. “Thanks.”

I looked over at Matt who had his arms behind his back and his head down, he stood in the back of the group. I moved on to look at Jimmy who was looking directly at me. I gave him a small smile and felt Cinder sit on the bed.

“So uh...whats up with me?”

“You're head is bleeding slightly from you clawing at it, and you had a mini minor concussion. But your doctor is a witch so you should be fine day or so.” Brian told me, looking at my chart.

Witches are real too?! Damn you'd expect me to be used to this shit!

Jimmy chuckled a bit. I looked at him with a slight glare. Dude please stay out of my head.

He bit his lip and nodded.

“Okay so uh...” Feeling awfully ballsy I asked “Shadows, and I talk to you alone?”
Everyone gaped at me. Shadows looked up at me with surprise in his hazel eyes.

“I'm not leaving you with him.” Jimmy hissed protectively.

“Jimmy please, if he's hurting me you'll know right?”

He nodded, everyone but him began to shuffle out the door. Cinder looked pissed.
“Okay but if he hurts you he'll be missing more than his throat.” He growled at Matt, kissing my forehead before leaving the room.

Matt stayed across the room. “Why did you do that?” I asked.

“I...don't have to explain myself to you.”

I sighed “I had to try. I'm sorry if me having a sliver of hope is unacceptable to you, master

He looked flustered “I didn't mean to hurt you this bad, I wanted you to know that the abuse isn't over. Not even close.

I frowned and looked at my hands on my lap.

I spared a look at his neck to see a decent size chunk was red and irritated, is it weird that I felt proud of Jimmy? I feel so safe knowing that he did that to protect me, I want to ki- no. No. I didn't just think that. No. I want to cuddle with him. Yeah, that sounds nice. That's what I meant...cuddle.

Everyone came back in, Jimmy beaming. He bounced over to my bedside and sat in the chair.

“I'm hungry so we'll be back in like twenty minuets with food.” Matt said.

“Can Jimmy stay with me?” I asked.

“Fine.” He growled, stomping out of the room. Zacky had my sister in tow, Brian and Johnny followed after them.

“Jimmy!” I whined.

He looked at me and grinned “What?”

I put my arms out like a little kid who wanted to be held.

“Cuddle with me!” I whined.

A grin spread across his face that made my heart skip a beat. I made room for him and let him slide in beside me, he took me in his long arms and held me close to his chest. I couldn't help but smile and snuggle closer to him.

“You're so warm.” He commented, lightly trailing his long fingers down by back.

I couldn't suppress a shiver of delight. “Thanks.” I giggled.

He pulled me closer and I felt our torso's fit together like puzzle pieces, I felt a blush creep into my cheeks. I really liked this, my heart is beating so fast!

“I make you happy don't I?” he asked, with that adorable lisp.

“Very. You make me feel like the most important, beautiful girl in the world. You make my heart beat fast and I can't stop smiling around you. You make me so happy, and feel confident. I..I really like you Jimmy.” I blushed deeper.

He looked down at me like I said more than he expected. Shit I said too much! I just spilled my heart to this man and if he doesn't feel the same way I-

He shook his head “What you said was perfect. And if my heart still beat, It'd of skipped a beat. I really like you too Lyric, more than I can tell you right now.”

I cocked my head in confusion, I was about to ask what he was talking about when I noticed him slowly draw nearer to me I tilted my head up and let him softly kiss my lips, lingering for a bit before looking to meet his blue eyes with my blue eyes. I blushed and wrapped my arm around the back of his next and daringly brushed my lips over his.

He beamed, fangs slightly showing. I smiled back whole heartedly.

I felt so fucking giddy. No one had ever made me feel like this! I want more of him, I want to hold him and never let him go. He makes be so relaxed and feel like everything is going to be okay.

I stated at his fangs in wonder. His smile turned into a smirk. “Wanna touch e'm?”

I nodded like a bobble head and he chuckled baring his fangs not in a 'I'm gonna hurt you' way but in a 'here' kinda way. I poked one with my finger, careful not to poke hard enough to draw blood. I don't know how he'd react to that. I curiously poked both of them a few times and was then content.

“Done?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Okay.”

I realized that over the coarse of this, he'd loosened his hold on me.

“Uh, Jimmy can you hold me closer?” I asked.

“Delighted.” He pulled me closer to his chest that I snuggled into him feeling completely content with life. I didn't have a care in the whole world.

He rested his head on the pillow and I felt the dizziness fade to nothing, my head stopped the stinging pains.

I must of fallen asleep because I felt that I was alone in the hospital bed and I herd the doctor. speaking.

“I must ask, is that tall vampire her mate?”

“Why?” Shadows voice replied.

“Because since he was with her, her health has increased drastically and I'd say that she's okay to leave.”
“Oh. It's none of your buissness. Someone will pick her up later.” I herd his foot steps leave the room.

I kept my eyes closed and herd the doctor pace for a bit. “Miss Amato Crisi I know you aren't asleep.”

I opened my eyes and sat up, looking at the doctor who is apparently a witch. Personally I thought she was really short, that's what got my attention. She couldn't have been more than 4 foot 5. She wore scrubs that made her look even smaller.

“You've been through a lot lately.” She wasn't asking a question, but stating a fact.

I nodded.

“Well, I'm afraid it only gets harder. I've taken a look in your future and I can tell you that you will be very happy, but...the obstacles ahead for both you and your sister...” She shook her head, looking at the floor.

“What about them? What obstacles?” I inquired, sitting up straighter.

“I've said enough.” She left the room.

I scowled at the door after it closed behind her. She can't just do that! Dangle something important in my face then not give me any details. Ugh.

“Aw, your so adorable when your pissed.”

I jumped and looked over at where Jimmy appeared from no where.

“I came in the window by the way.” He smirked, seemingly proud he nearly gave me a heart attack.

“Oh. Uh, that's nice.” weird.

“Yes, it is. Shadz sent short shit and I to pick you up.”

I looked around. “Where's Johnny?”

Jimmy opened his mouth to answer when Johnny's head flew through the window and landed on the windowcil.

“Oww. I'm getting splinters in my neck!” He whined, Jimmy rolled his eyes and picked up his head.

My eyes widened “Forgot about his lame zombie powers.”

Johnny scowled as Jimmy laughed.

“Can you kick someone ten feet away?” Johnny countered.

“Can you take off a ring without removing your finger?” I raised an eye brow.

“...sometimes...”

I laughed with Jimmy who hadn't stopped. Our laughter died down as Johnny's body climbed through the window and stood before us. To my surprise, his neck wasn't full of maggots or anything like that. It looked normal.

What's normal about talking to a severed head, and watching a headless body climb in your window though? What's normal about any of this?

Jimmy put Johnny's head on his neck, I watched his spine attach and the skin grow around it again to hold it in place.

Gross.

“You have no clue how hard it is to talk with no lungs attached.” Johnny rubbed the back of his neck.

“No, no I don't.” I commented, rubbing my neck.

“I do but lets keep my cousins wedding out of this.” Jimmy said, smirking.

I giggled, not wanting to know if he was serious or not. I stood, finding myself in scrubs as well.

“I thought you'd prefer pants to a hospital gown.” Jimmy said.

“You thought correct.”

“Here.” Johnny handed me a plastic bag.

I went into the bathroom and put on the pajamas that were in the bag, I put my hair in a high pony tail before going back into the room.

“Why pajamas?” I asked no one in particular.

“Uh, well its ten o'clock at night.” Johnny offered.

I looked out the window seeing stars in the sky. “Oh.”

They took me down to the office and signed me out, Jimmy wrapped his arm around me as I shivered from a cold breeze, my body heated up instantly. I smiled at him as we made our way to a Jeep Liberty.
♠ ♠ ♠
SUPER long! I realized Lyric and Jimmy havn't been romantic at all really so :)

Anyone laugh? If you did, where?

Thank you all for reading! Please check out my contest!