The Knight of Dreams

Chapter 1: wynkin blinkin and nod

Silvery mist clouded Raperian's vision as he pressed himself securely against a gnarled tree. Well, it felt like what a tree should be, but there was a distinct softness to the rough bark and it didn't smell like a tree. Then again, people didn't usually pay attention to details like trees and grass in their dreams.

However, this wasn't a dream, this was a nightmare, and eventhough Raperian was asleep AND in dreamland, he was nowhere near his own mind's dream.

Instead he was in someone else's tortorous dream, though nothing odd had happened yet. He could tell it was about to get rough because there was always a silvery mist that surrounded the area, and his breath would produce nearly invisible golden clouds that sparkled just before fading away (much like someone seeing their breath on a cold day).

Sure enough within seconds a screaming person ran through the mist, fear etched all over the young boy's tired face. A sinister beast with an acrimonious glare pounced from the mist and landed with a great shudder in front of the boy. It was massive and nearly as large as a house with sinewy spikes protruding from the many angles if the beast's horribly disfigured skeleton. It oozed acid-like black oil that obliterated the dream grass.

Darkness began to descend and the mist was hardly visible. The creature was absorbing the light and anything that could have possibly been considered cheerful in the dream.

The boy fell on his back in surprise and tried desperately to escape backwards, but the creature drew in a great breath and roared fiercely, paralyzingly the boy in fear.

Raperian felt a warm glow itch below his fingers as his weapon materialized. He pushed himself away from his hiding place and confidently strode out towards the creature. He held up his weapon, a finely pointed dagger with multiple blades around the crimson hilt.

He raced out in front of the boy to defend him but the beast acted as if he didn't even see Raperian. The boy was the same, no reaction to the silent Defender.

Without hesitation the beast lunged at the boy through Raperian's stomach and clenched the boy in his gnarled teeth before closing down with a sickening crunch.

All went black and Raperian awoke with a start in his own creaky bed in his house nestled quietly in the woods.

Such was the life of a boy who dreamed other people's nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys.... I'm secretly posting this. I've had this little gem tucked away and I've decided to finally let it come out to play. My therapist says I need to write again. (nit that I haven't, mind you, I write everyday!) But she said I need stability. So I've decided to try and take up my weekly writings again.

The fun thing is, I'm going to be doing ALL of it from my mobile device. No computers allowed. (Hee hee I'm facing my own nightmare lolololol!)

I love you all!