Status: I'd love comments(:

You Had a Major Change of Heart

Watch It Freak!

"Haylee! Come on!" I laughed and ran over to my best friend Max who was sitting on the swing-set, "What Maxi?" He smiled, "I want you to come with me, I'm going to see my friend Ronnie." I nodded and followed Max as we walked up the sidewalk to his house, it wasn't far, it couldn't have been for Max being about nine and me being seven. We walked in the front door to be greeted by Max's mom, "Max, Ronnie's in the backyard. Oh, hi Haylee!" I smiled, "Hi."
I followed Max out to the backyard, there was a boy sitting on the porch, "Hey Max, wh-," he looked at me, "Who's she?" Max smiled, "She's Haylee. She's my friend." The boy, Ronnie, looked at me, "She's what, like five?" I knew I was small for my age, but come on, five? "I'm seven!" He laughed, "Oh! I'm so sorry! Max, you have better friends than her, you don't need to hangout with her." I knew I was going to start crying, Max looked at me, "Maybe you should go home Haylee.." I nodded and ran back in thouse, ran out the front door and down the street to my house.


Beep, beep, beep..

I groaned before turning on my side and hitting the snooze button on my clock,
"Just give me five more damn minutes!" Just as I was about to drift back off to sleep it went off again, "Haylee Lynn! Get up now!" I sighed and quickly got up out of bed and grabbed my clothes before walking into the bathroom to shower. I got out and dried my hair with the towel before grabbing my clothes and getting dressed.

I walked downstairs and quickly turned to walk back upstairs, "Come here Haylee." I sighed and walked over to where my mom was in the kitchen, "What on earth are you wearing? I never bought you those clothes." I sighed, "Mom, I bought them with my money, you know the money I get from my job?" She rolled her eyes, "I don't want you wearing clothes like that, it's not appropriate for a girl." I rolled my eyes before grabbing my bag and a pop-tart and walking out the front door, I walked to school everyday and today was normal.

When I got to the school I walked in and got to my locker as soon as possible, being a senior, I can't wait for that last bell on the last day of school when I can be out of this hell hole and never have to come back. I had just shut my locker when I heard the sound I had been dreading, "Maxi, I love you..." my heart stopped in my chest as I noticed Max walking with Peyton, Ronnie was behind them with Peyton's best friend Tracy. I sighed and leaned back against my locker, what's wrong with me?

Shaking my head I walked towards my first hour when I ran into someone, "I-I'm sorry..." I looked up to see Max, he gave me a dirty look, "Watch where you're going freak." He walked in the classroom, I slowly followed. I can't believe I thought even for a second how he treated me for the past almost ten years would change just because he ran into me, how stupid am I?
After my little encounter with Max before first hour, I walked to the bathroom and leaned against the wall, I didn't care if I missed one class. Today was just one of those days, I sighed and pull out the little box that I kept in my binder, it had a tiny, tattered, torn in half picture of me and Max when we were little, under that was my escape from all the pain in the world, my razor. I pulled it out, thank god I decided to come to the bathroom that no one really uses anymore unless they absolutely have to.

"Well, here goes nothing." I slowly sliced the razor across my wrist, that familiar pain coming back to me, it felt better to do this than to suffer with the pain of seeing my best friend move on and me still be stuck in the past, when we were friends and he protected me. I felt the tears start streaming down my face like they always do when I think of Max, I looked down at my bloody wrist before grabbing some paper towel and wiping it clean. I got up and ran it under cool water, it stung like a bitch, but only for a second. I bandaged my wrist up before pulling on my jacket and walking out into the hallway, welcome back to reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter, there's more to Haylee that meets the eye. Comments? Should I continue?