For Eternity

Chapter Six.

Oliver sat back against the seat in front of the stage as he watched Mila practice her solo in the upcoming ballet. The dance wasn't one of Oliver's favorite things to watch, but, when it was Mila, he didn't mind. Her movements were too graceful for words. He found himself watching, or rather staring, hanging on to her every move.

Mila, on the other hand, hadn't thought of him since she had started. She was too focused on what way her arms or legs needed to move and when they needed to do so. She was caught up in her dance too much to pay attention to anything around her.

The stress of planning a wedding and practicing for a ballet was overwhelming Mila. She only had time for the two projects. She hardly stopped to eat, sleep, or be with friends anymore. It was always a go-go-go thing for the two projects. Well, the ballet was her project. Although she had fallen in love with her wedding dress, the decorations were everything she dreamed of, it still wasn't the wedding she wanted. Sure, her and Oliver got along when they weren't fighting about the wedding, which wasn't their fault, but she couldn't say he was who she wanted for the rest of their life because they hardly knew each other. It wasn't like they had time to sit down and actually talk, anyways, besides when they're with their parents to plan. She had her things to do, Oliver had his, what with his band and clothing line to run.

The whole situation was taking toll on the two. They fought more often when they were together, followed by quick angry make up sex, then they were on their way to their jobs or to plan. It was a rather sad situation, honestly, and the two were getting sick of it.

Mila leapt through the air with her arms spread wide beside her. She landed perfectly, spinning into a turn. Suddenly, she got dizzy. She reached her her head, only to have to quickly throw her arms out in front of her to catch herself against the floor. She held her head in one hand and took deep breaths as her instructor and fellow dancers flooded around her.

Oliver shot up from his seat in the audience, which was empty, besides himself, since it was only practice. He ran from his seat to the isle, then climbed up onto the stage. He crouched down in front of Mila and took her in his arms.

"Mila, are you alright? What happened?" Oliver's voice was filled with worry, desperation. He didn't want anything to happen to her and he feared something had.

Mila shook her head. "Nothing. I just lost my balance. I'm fine, really."

Mila forced a smile into her face and slowly stood to her feet, only to fall back down, but this time, she wasn't conscious. Oliver quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and phoned for an ambulance.

---

Oliver never thought he would enjoy the beeping sound of a heart monitor in the hospital, but he found himself happy to hear the noise. It meant Mila was still alive. He sat beside her bed, in a chair, with her hand in his as she slept. The doctor had said she was dehydrated and wasn't eating enough, which Oliver knew, but he didn't know it was that bad. He didn't know just how bad she had been ran around by their parents and her job.

Mrs. Davis walked into the room suddenly, her purse dropping into the chair nearest the door. She was alone; her husband was out golfing with a mate of his. She stared at her daughter, but she didn't look upset. Her expression was blank.

"Well, what happened? Did she have another injury during one of her stupid ballet things?" The older woman rolled her eyes as she shrugged her over-sized coat off of her shoulders. Usually, she wouldn't say anything so absurd out loud, but it was only Oliver in the room.

Oliver shook his head. The anger inside of him boiled until he couldn't take it anymore. "No, it wasn't one of her 'stupid ballet things.' It was you and this stupid fucking wedding."

His voice was calm, but Mrs. Davis knew he was angry. Her eyebrows shot up at his words and a smirk overcame her face. "Well, Mr. Sykes, I didn't know you had such a vocabulary. Tell me, why is it my fault? What have I, or planning this wedding, have done, besides try to help her out in the future? I know damn well you know why I'm forcing this upon you two."

"Yes, I do know why. It's a stupid reason, really. Just because you're too stupid to manage your money right doesn't mean Mila will. Mila doesn't need, nor does she was, those superficial, mainstream items you have to have. She will do just fine, even if we don't get married. This whole wedding is putting so much stress on her and taking up so much of her time that she doesn't have time to stop to sleep, or eat, or anything besides plan and dance. Dancing is her life; I don't expect her to slack on that, but this wedding? This wedding is pointless. I don't understand how anyone can force two people who are not in love to marry." Oliver was standing by then with his fists balled up at his side. His jaw clenched in anger and he forced himself to not hit anything.

Mrs. Davis chuckled. "I can do what I want. It's my daughter and I'm trying to help her out. You're lucky to have someone like her, so quit whining about it. I mean, look at you. Who would want someone so inked up? No one. I'm doing you both a favor, so stop crying and get with the program. It's not like you're helping me out. You're helping Mila out."

"Like I said, Mila would do just fine on her own. I refuse to make her marry me, unless that's what she truly wants, and I can see it isn't. We've barely had time to get to know each other and you expect us to marry in less than a week? No. I won't do it. I'm calling my parents to tell them it's off. You're not forcing either one of us to go through with this." Oliver leaned over to place a quick kiss to Mila's forehead before he stepped around the older woman and out of the room. He refused to make himself, or anyone else, miserable, especially for the rest of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this. I really do. I didn't have any idea what to write. I kind of just did it. It's really short, but I had to update because it's been a month. Which isn't my fault! I had to send my laptop off to get fixed and it just got back today.

Anyways, I'm not even sure if I want to continue this. Unless I think of some better idea's.

If anyone is interested in writing with me, send me a message,