Chasing Ever After

Sadie.

Seriously. How dense can this bastard be?

I evade him, ignore him, avoid him, and even try to forget his existence, and then when he approached me a while ago, I tried acting kind, like he doesn’t even bother me at all, but for some reason, all my nerves snap at his very presence.

Screw this.

I put my hand over his mouth and warn him ever so resentfully, so as to completely shut him up. “Do—not—even—think—about—saying—it.”

I just hate him, with all I have, with all my heart and my soul. I hate him to the core. Usually, I’d just forget about the people who’ve hurt me. But why, why exactly can’t I just forget him?

“Uhhhh,” he utters against my palm. “You can let go of me now.”

Abruptly, I push him away and shoot him a death glare. “You will not, I repeat, you will not mention this anymore in front of me, you hear?” I spat at him. He just looks at me like I’m crazy, which I probably really am, but I don’t care. “This is the last time we’ll ever talk to each other, do you understand? Forget about what happened. Forget I even exist. Forget we ever had this nonsensical, totally absurd conversation.”

“I can’t do that—“

I place my palm against his forehead and close my eyes as I say, rather absurdly, “From today and forever, I hereby erase all your memories of me—and of that despicable Event-That-Must-Not-And-Never-Be-Named. Now go, you pestering human, go and live your life to the fullest!”

And with that, I start walking away, leaving him probably in a state of shock.

But again, I don’t care.

Image


“What just happened?” Annie asks as soon as I return to my seat. “Did I just see you chanting something like a madwoman in front of Jack Ames?”

I sigh. “You did not just see that.”

She rolls her eyes. “Forget about him. He’s just a jerk.”

“Huh? Who is? Who are we talking about again?” I say, already burying the existence of Jack Ames six feet below the ground.