The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Breathe deep

At the old and decaying bridge laid lots of random objects, mostly trash and molding old-furniture. Underneath was a small area right next to the large stream that used to be a giant river, a place where a lot of different things had happened-- and not just between our friends and us. There were normally homeless citizens that resided down in that area, sleeping on the ratty old mattress that laid right next to a giant trash pile.

When we got down there, Evan was waiting for us on an old rocking chair, rocking back and forth and banging a stick on the ground. You went up to the dark-haired young man and did some handshake most of the guys that lived around our town did.

“’Ey, Joey my man!” Evan greeted happily, looking back to me with a wide grin. “And Ella, what a surprise. I haven’t seen you since you were eleven. That was what.. Six years ago?” He added, standing up to shake my hand. That wasn’t entirely true, I saw him around at least three times a month since I was eleven but I suppose that didn’t count.

“Yeah, it’s been a while, Evan,” I replied, shaking his clammy hand. When he looked away toward the forest that was on the opposite side of the hiking trail you and I came from, I wiped my hand off on my side and crossed my arms. “It’s really nice out today,” I commented.

“Yeah, beautiful,” you said, looking at me with a crooked grin and a raised eyebrow. “Sit, El, just sit,” you told me, pointing to a damaged couch. I obliged, sitting down and pulling my knees up to my chest, hands holding my calves as I took my flip-flops off.

“This is actually pretty nice down here. I see why homeless people live down here sometimes,” I said out of amusement, smirking at Evan who had returned to his seat in the rocking chair.

“Yeah, same. So… Ella, you ready to experience one of the most awesome things in your whole life?” You questioned, eyes wide with excitement like a baby seeing Christmas lights for the first time.

“Sure, tell me what you had planned,” I stated simply, eyes shifting back and forth from you to Evan. Evan just grinned and watched you reach into your pocket and pull out a intricate little box. Opening the box up and setting it on the couch beside you, you reached in and grabbed out a small package of white papers, then a sandwich bag filled with your surprise. Weed. My eyes lit up and I bit my bottom lip, nodding.

“This our good friend Mary, one of the most beautiful plants in the world. Now, I’ve been dancing with Mary for a year now, you know that, and I’m so happy that you decided to finally get out of your comfort zone,” you explained. “Since neither of us, Evan and I, have pipes in right now, I’ve decided to roll a joint,” you added with a wide grin. I watched you do just that, pinching the end together and grabbing the lighter from Evan. I looked to Evan and smirked wide, biting my bottom lip.

“You anxious? Excited? Nervous? Indifferent?” Evan asked, rubbing his hands on his pants. I shook my head.

“Nervous I guess. But I’m with you two, so it’ll be good,” I noted. “That’s why Joey suggested we take a dip in the lake ‘spontaneously,’ that way we can get rid of the smell,” I continued.

“Right, I’ll let you have the first hit, El,” you interrupted, “but let me light it,” and you did. Handing off the more prospering relative of the cigarette to my long fingers, I held it in between my thumb and my index. “Now, hold it to your lips just like a cigarette and inhale. Let the smoke fill your lungs,” you instructed. I did. I felt the tainted smoke slither down my throat, course through my airways and fill my lungs to the brim. Coughing as I pulled the joint away, I coughed and looked at you with a big smile. A small giggle escaped my lips as I coughed the smoke out, handing the joint back to you as I batted away the smoke.

“Holy hell, Batman..” I trailed off, coughing one last time before I looked to you.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY SO i think I'll change the rating on this story
but yeah
second chapter
I'm really liking this so far I think..
pleasecomment