The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

I'm A Mountain That Has Been Moved.

I spent the night at Evan's, and we didn't get dressed until that next morning. He brought me some coffee and a bagel with cream cheese spread on it. I just smiled and took the offering, taking a sip of the coffee and a bite of the bagel.

"We didn't have anything fancy, so I figured a bagel is the next best thing," Evan said, laughing quietly. I laughed, too, and shook my head.

"You don't have to do this stuff for me, Evan. I'm not some bitch who expects you to behave like a gentleman. I just want you to act like you did before we became boyfriend and girlfriend," I replied. He shrugged, running his fingers through his tousled brown hair, before kissing my cheek.

"You have a point, I understand it, but what if I want to do gentleman things?" Hazel-eyes replied, smirking at my defeated expression.

"Alright, ya have a point, too.." I sighed, shaking my head as I smiled at him. "I wouldn't mind it. Not one bit." I added, biting into the bagel once more. "But that gives me reason to be a good and domesticated wife-like girl," I giggled, smirking.

"No it doesn't," he assured me. I laughed more, nodding in response. He let out an exasperated sigh and shrugged, taking my coffee and having a sip of it himself. "Alright, alright. We can be the stereotypical equal-chivalrous couple," he chuckled.

"Good, we better be, ya douchenozzle," I laughed harder then, almost knocking the bagel off of my lap. "I should probably go back to my house before my dad starts acting crazy and calls me over and over again. And then I get grounded and not be able to leave my house all summer," I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah, want me to walk you home?" Evan inquired, running his hand up my leg. I grabbed hold of his hand and held it, playing with his fingers, absent of mind.

"Yeah, I'd actually quite like that," I replied, looking at his hazel eyes. "I would also appreciate it if you came over later tonight. Just climb the tree or something. I don't know, just text me and lemme know when you wanna," I added as I bit my bottom lip.

"I'd actually quite like that too," he murmured, lips pressing against my forehead. I exhaled, I was content.

"Let's head out, then," I said as I got up off of his mattress on the floor and pulled my sweatshirt on. I fixed my hair, ran my hands down my face, and then shoved them into the pockets of my sweatshirt.

-----

Later, after Evan had left, I found myself sitting in my bedroom. I looked around the walls and let out a slow and gentle sigh. The things seemed to have came alive whenever I was in the clouds, but at that moment they seemed rather... Boring. I got up to go take down a photo of you and I, but paused. It was a polaroid, consisting of your hands squishing together my cheeks and me making a kiss face. I couldn't help but smile, remembering that same day. We were both roughly 14, maybe older, and it was a summer like this one. We were both so innocent back then.

"El?" My thoughts got interrupted as I snapped out of my haze and looked up to be greeted by a very tired looking Margo.

"Yeah, uh, what's up Margo?" I asked, holding the picture in my hand. I didn't hide it, of course, I just... Felt like keeping it safe.

"Your dad is extremely hung over, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful for what you did," the blonde said as she walked over to me. I covered up a hickey Evan had left on my shoulder and braced for the woman's hug.

"Oh, yeah, no problem. Uh, do you mind? I'm going to get in the shower," I lied, eyeing Margo as I put the picture down on my dresser. I honestly just wanted to be left alone.

"Yeah, go ahead. Sorry to bother you, sweetie," then she disappeared. Just as soon as I got out of my clothes, my phone rang. I fully expected it to be Evan, but boy was I wrong.

"He-hello?" My voice trembled, my fingers clutching the damned cell phone tightly as I exhaled.

"El?" It was your voice. I froze, my free hand going to my mouth as I let out a sob. I don't know why I reacted the way that I did, but I did.

"Joey.." I whispered. It was almost as if I had seen a ghost.

Your ghost.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOO CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!~