The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

But it's Just Like a Movie, This Picture is Off With the Sound.

That morning you woke me up, myself somehow managing to fall asleep in your bed. Whenever I spent the night at your house, I always slept on the floor, but this time I guess I just passed out then and there after getting high with you. We stayed up until four, and it was now eight o’clock in the morning. Sitting up and itching the back of my head, I let out a small yawn and rubbed my eyes.

“You talked in your sleep. A lot. I’m used to the normal uttered word or phrase, but this was ridiculous,” you told me as you laughed quietly.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” was all I replied with, smiling some before pulling my shirt back to it’s rightful position; it had somehow managed to get all twisted up while I slept. “I should probably go back, just in case Margo checks on me. She’ll call my dad and he’ll have to come from work to look for me,” I explained, frowning a bit. I stretched and slipped out from under the covers.

“And then all hell will break loose. He already hates me and thinks I’m the fucking devil. For no reason. I also can’t believe he thinks you fucked me, that’s hilarious,” you stated, a loud laugh coming from your throat as you rolled your eyes.

“Yeah, he thinks I have sex. What sex? What social life?” I rhetorically asked, giggling quietly before getting off of your bed. You watched me, your eyes focused on my face. You didn’t know I knew, but my peripheral is keen and I could catch your glimpse from a mile away. “Alright, I’m gonna head out, ‘bye Joey,” I added. I gathered my things and slipped on my shoes and then hugged you; though, this time it seemed like a different hug. I didn’t want to let go.
-----

When I got back home, I fell onto my bed face-first and groaned into the mattress, exhaling some before turning around lazily on my back. My cat Dex meowed and then jumped up, sitting on my chest and licking my face as he purred.

“Dex, what’s a good thing to do when you don’t want to be here, but you want to sleep? Do I sleep? Right, you’re a cat, you don’t talk,” I spoke, running my hand down his spine and then grabbing hold of his tail and running my hand up that. A knock sounded, and Margo’s soft voice sounded.

“El, you awake?” She asked, knocking with her knuckle just barely.

“Yeah, come in Margo,” I murmured, pushing Dex off of my chest and beside me. Margo opened up the door slowly at first, then all the way. She walked into my room, though it wasn’t much of a walk but more of a skip. She sat down beside me on my bed and crossed her legs, bare and tanned and something that any women wanted.

“Hi, sweetie, how are you this morning?” She asked, eyes bright and enthusiastic. She was always so peppy, even when she got yelled at by my dad or something bad happened. One time, at Thanksgiving, she burnt the sweet potatoes and I was sad for her, but she was all happy. It was a trait I wish I had; I wore my emotions on my sleeve.

“I’m okay, a bit tired. Dex kept me up all night,” I lied, though oblivious Margo didn’t know other wise.

“Aw, I’m sorry hon. Anyway, about last night--- I am so sorry. I was not expecting your father to yell at you like that. I’m honestly surprised you didn’t leave him like your mom did, but, I know you love him and he loves you. He was up, pacing all night, wouldn’t go to bed. He’s real sorry, El, really. He felt so bad, he wanted to come up here but I told him it was a bad idea because I know you want your space when something bad happens like the little scuffle ya’ll both got in,” Margo explained, playing with a strand of my hair as she got that all out. Inhaling and finally looking up at me with her blue eyes, the blonde lady bit her bottom lip as if to stop anything else from coming out. “Anyway, we want to take you out tonight to dinner as an apology, I guess. Well, he brought it up, I’m all for it though… That is, if you are,” Margo was a sweet lady. If my dad were to marry again, I hoped it’d be Margo. She was a ten-times more better mom than Joanne, my actual mom, and she had never had any experience with kids-- let alone a teenaged one.

“Yeah, dinner sounds nice. Where we gonna go?” I asked, sitting up some. Dex hopped in my lap and I scratched his ears, looking at him for a second before my eyes went back to Margo’s face. I smiled slightly, letting her know I was actually okay with going to dinner with them.

“We were thinking that new Chinese restaurant down on Division street. It smells so delicious whenever I run past there on my morning jogs,” she said excitedly. “Ooh, Ellenor, It’s going to be so good! You can wear one of my summer dresses if you want, get a little bit dressed up instead of your typical shorts and t-shirts,” she cooed, hands going to my shoulders so she could shake them softly.

“Alright, that sounds good. Is it… Do you think.. Joey could go?” I asked, biting my bottom lip in anticipation.

“Well gee, I don’t know.. We’ll have to ask your father when he gets home,” Margo said, smiling so wide. She flung her thin arms around my shoulders, hugging me tightly and giving me a squeeze. I couldn’t help but hug the woman back, looking out the window as a bird flew by. “Alright, well, I’m gonna leave you be now so you can go back to bed or somethin'." And the girl left, shutting my door quietly as her feet pattered along the hardwood floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay hows about a new chapter?
Cool.