The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Dance My Senses Away.

After Margo had gotten done with everything, which had taken collectively five hours, I was sitting on the couch watching some TV as she cleaned up after everything. When she revealed what I looked like, 'the final product' as she had said, I was shocked. I don't think I had ever looked as pretty as that. Hearing a door shut and my father cough, I straightened up and crossed my legs, something a 'lady' should do when dressed in a nice dress. Once the grown man was in our house, he looked at me and smiled, taking off his shoes.

"My... Ella, you look so pretty.. Margo did such a good job," My dad noted, setting down his briefcase next to the door. I just smiled and rose to my feet, walking up to him and hugging him tightly. That was the first time I had hugged my father like that in a while.

"I know, I thanked her so much. So, we gonna go to a fancy restaurant?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yes, of course. Gustavo's, that Italian restaurant. I hope Joey knows to dress better than his normal ripped shirts and everything," He said through his teeth, a slight sigh coming from his lungs. I pulled away and nodded, fixing his shirt a bit.

"Well, I'll call him and tell him," I replied, reaching into my bra to pull out my cell phone. I wandered upstairs and into my room, sitting down on the bed as I went into my contacts and found your name. I dialed your number and you automatically picked up.

"Yes, I'm coming in a bit," you said, a chuckle coming up from your throat.

"Yeah, I know, I was just asking if you know to dress a bit fancier since we're going to Gustavo's," I said then, rolling my eyes at your groan.

"I know, I made sure my button-ups are all cleaned. I'm wearing white-- is that stupid?" You asked.

"Well... It depends on if you intend to eat okay and not get all sloppy like you usually do," I teased, giggling.

"Oh you think you're so funny, El. What are you wearing? Shorts and a fuckin' tank top? Make up on and your hair up in a ponytail? Is that your version of fancy?" You questioned, chuckling at yourself.

"No, actually, you'll be surprised.. I let Margo get a hold of me finally after months of begging. Come over soon, yeah? Leave in a couple minutes?" I asked, biting my bottom lip as you went silent for a moment as I heard rustling happening in the background.

"Yeah I just got my shirt on, buttoning it up and coming over now," You had replied, hanging up the phone. I just sat there for a moment, itching the back of my soft leg before getting up and putting my phone back in my bra. Fixing the thing and my boobs, I walked back down the stairs and nodded at my father.

"He's coming, he knows to dress formally. So how was work, dad?" I inquired, sitting down on the couch and crossing my legs once more.

"It was okay, normal day. Had to fire some idiot who didn't know how to even work the copying machines. You'd think in a law firm, people would know how to do the simplest shit. He pleaded with me, said 'please, Mr. Bishop, sir, I won't mess up on the job again,' fucking again? He's said that each time I've had to talk with him in my office. Hmm.. Do you think your friend Joey needs a job?" My dad asked, looking at me expectantly as he changed his loafers into nice looking tennis shoes. I shrugged in reply, beginning to put on the heels.

"I.. Don't know, you'll have to ask Joey," I said. Margo came out, smelling like fruity perfume, and walked over to my dad to give him a kiss.

"Donald! Hey, honey, how was work?" The blonde asked, kissing my dad on the cheek with a big smile.

"Just got done telling El about it. Normal day, had to fire an idiot for messing up. Again." He said, frowning some at Margo.

"Aw, that Frankie kid? I thought he was nice," Margo replied, pouting at the thought.

"Um, no, he just liked your body, sweets," My dad replied, running his hand down her side as he kissed her neck once or twice. I shuddered at the sight, then heard a knock on the door. My father turned around, answered it, and stepped away. The man walked into the kitchen, Margo in tow, as you stepped forward. Your eyes widened, and you smiled wide.

"Damn, Ella, you look..." You stopped yourself, biting your bottom lip as I rose to my feet. I just smiled and giggled, walking up to you to give you a hug.

"Fuckin' gorgeous as shit?" I asked quietly, teasing of course as I laughed and pulled away to look at you. "You don't look too bad yourself, Joey," I replied earnestly.

"Well thanks, Miss Ellenor," you stated, winking a bit as you stood there awkwardly, my dad standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Alright, kids, let's go out to dinner," my father said, hand touching your shoulder as he passed by you to go out to his car. I followed behind and grabbed hold of your wrist, pulling you along. Margo was the last one out, shutting and locking the door. Both of mine and her own heels clicked and clacked against the pavement, but were silenced once we all got into my dad's Ford Explorer. I buckled and looked at you, smiling wide.

"I'm starving, I'm so hungry I could eat a cow! Even better, a moose!" Margo said, laughing as she looked in her compact mirror she had taken out of her purse. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Margo, dear, I don't think it's legal to eat moose in Colorado. Maybe in Alaska, or Canada," My dad replied, laughing; he was obviously being sarcastic. Margo just pouted and crossed her arms, looking at my dad. I rolled down my window slightly, not chancing rolling it down all the way and putting all of the blonde lady's hard work to shit just because of some wind.

"So, Evan asked if we wanted to hang out tomorrow," you said to me-- though it was quiet.

"Well, I'll love to," I replied, biting my bottom lip as you just smiled and nodded.

"Then we will, for sure," you stated, hand lifting up so you could poke me in the cheek with your index finger. I turned and snapped at it, laughing as I stuck out my tongue. You just winked and turned, the car ride to Gustavo's beginning. It was roughly twenty minutes away, but that was fine because I could enjoy those twenty minutes, stealing glances at you and noticing you stealing glances at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
UGH sorry this sucks. I just needed to update it and this is what I could come up with.
My brain's awfully slow today
but yeah sorry
:)