Love with Secrets

Chapter 4

I put my hand forward to knock and…

I knocked and waited. I don’t think he heard me, I thought to myself. I knocked again and this time, a lot louder. I heard loud footsteps and the door suddenly opened. The evening sun was shining brightly on the door as he stepped out. I assumed that he had just taken a shower because his hair was still wet and water was dripping from his straight bangs. His hair, the color of dark brown was a bit darker than mine but in the sun, it turned the prettiest shade of golden brown. I felt myself blushing and quickly looked at my toes to avoid eye contact.
“Hello!” I said shyly.
“What do you want?”
“I came here to talk to you and…”

Before I knew it, I was yanked into a stranger’s apartment and the door shut loudly. He threw me against a wall and held up both of my wrists with one grip on the part of the wall above my head. He stared straight down at me and lowered his head a bit so that we could make eye contact. He said, in a quiet and threatening voice,
“I thought you said that you never wanted to talk to me or see me again! What happened? Did you fall in love with me because you are dressed nicely and not afraid of entering a guy’s apartment alone? Have any plans in mind?”

It was true that I had dressed up nicely even though they were regular clothes and had taken time put make-up on but it was because to look pretty and to invite him. I guess he saw fear in my eyes and let my wrists go. He turned away, facing the other wall and said,
“Go away right now or I will do something I will regret after. You are a girl.”

I took a lot of courage but I told him that I had come over to apologize for that afternoon and that I wanted to invite him for dinner tonight. I also told him that she wasn’t in the mood anymore so maybe they will have dinner Friday night.

He agreed. I quietly walked out of his apartment and looked at my wrists, which were bright red in color. My face suddenly flushed. I ran into my apartment and locked the door behind me. I fell behind the door and didn’t feel like moving after. I sat there for a while, holding my chest because it suddenly hurt. Right after the “accident” he did, my chest, along with my wrists hurt and I felt lonely and unwanted.

I had fallen asleep on the door steps. I slowly got up and got ready for school.

An entire week passed and I was still a little sad from what had happened Monday night. It was Friday and I thought about our “Dinner Date” and how awkward it would be with him. It just hit me. I hadn’t even asked for his name or anything. I invited a complete stranger, who just happens to live next to me and who threatened to do something to me, inside my house where the doors would be shut.

I felt horrible. I wanted to with Billy or Mara right now and tell them what had happened because Jeff would just ask me if the guy next door was hot or not. It would’ve been useless. Mara was busy because this classmate of ours, Adrian, had started a fight and Mara just had the urge to hit him back. They were in a corner fighting and Jeff was sitting there admiring Adrian’s looks.

I didn’t want to interrupt them or be a part of the fight. To my surprise, Billy hadn’t bothered me all week. I went and talked to him and he told me that I looked down all week so he didn’t feel that it was right for him to annoy me at the moment. I was fine with it. The bell rang and it was time to go home. The stampede of students ran out into the hallways but I felt alone. I walked home alone because Mara and Adrian had a “Study Date”.

I missed my parents and my house. Never thought I would say this but I missed my new and arrogant neighbor. I found him cute and lovely but he was mean and, you know, sexy. I loved him. I realized that whenever I wasn’t around him, I felt lonely. I didn’t feel that lonely even when I missed my parents. I entered my home and suddenly broke into tears. I felt too lonely. I wanted to go to him right now and say that I was fine being mistreated but right now, I just want somebody to be with.

My head felt heavy as I walked into the kitchen. Everything started to turn in circle. It was as if everything there was dancing. I realized that I was out of rice so I got ready to go to the store around the corner to get enough rice to last today. I was going to have a special guest over. I walked over to the door and my vision got blurry. I fell, right in front of the door. I started to lose my vision and I knew I was going to die now. There was no one to help me. That stupid neighbor won’t figure out that I died until it was8:00 pm and there were 5 more hours left for that. My eyes started to roll back and eventually closed.

I heard a knock on my door and…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes....the longest chapter yet....
What an accomplishment...no, not really.

"Yo quiero leer mas" said my friend ;)
u kno who u are Boricua King...(i think)