Status: completed

Be Free, Be You

Ten

I sighed heavily as I just about dragged Steph out of the library. She’s so naïve. Puck’s going to shred her up and I’ll have to pick up and glue the pieces back together. Ugh. Steph almost floated into the car and as I started to drive home she finally snapped out of her trance. I felt so bad for her sometimes; she was too dorky for her own good. The fact that Puckerman was even breathing the same air as her was enough to send her into a fantasy, I can’t imagine what’ll happen when she finally kisses someone.

I sighed again as she started to ramble about how annoying it was for her to even try to teach Puckerman algebra. I tuned it out until we got to the driveway. “So I think I want to sing Domino. And we can do it tomorrow. We are doing it tomorrow actually.”

“Really? But we haven’t practiced!” She started to spaz and I just rolled my eyes at her. We walked into the house and straight up to my bedroom, pausing only to wave to Mom reading on the sofa.

Three hours had passed before it was even cloe to being OK, but I had just about run out of energy so we both crashed on my bed. Steph was all I could think about for the whole school day, I really hope I don’t disappoint her…. Before I could even wrap my head around it school was out and Steph and I were standing outside of the for-now empty Gle Club classroom and it was soon time for Steph’s—Er… technically my—audition and she was freaking out more than I was. I had total faith in myself, but it was Steph I was worried about now. “Our timing has to be exact, just don’t get excited or nervous and stutter. Got it?”

“Yeah, yeah I’ve got this.” She nodded and I patted her cheek before shoving her in the room. She took a spot in the center of the class room, next to a giant piano and I ran and ducked behind the only desk-like thing in the room and curled myself into a ball. Soon I could hear wheels coming down the hallway accompanied by chattering voices.

“I can’t wait for regionals; we’re so going to win. My vocals are a shoo-in this time!” I inwardly groaned. Berry.

“Rachel, chill—” The voice, who I recognized as Wheels, cut itself off. “Uh hi? Are you lost?”

“N-No. I’m here to audition for Glee Club. I’m Steph Wilson,” she stuttered. Soon more feet could be seen from my little nook under the desk and I could see the pearly white shoes of Santana and Brittany, followed soon by other pairs of shoes. Geez, how many of you are there?

“Hello, I’m Mr. Schue, you’re here to audition?” I heard a masculine, and regrettably attractive sounding voice, ask.

“Yes,” Steph cleared her throat. “I am.”

Someone clapped and Mr. Schue answered simply with, “Well alright then! The floor is yours.”

I sucked in a huge breath as the music started. I waited for the two measures to pass by and soon I was belting out the song from behind the desk and my sound was filling the entire song; it took just about everything I had to sit still under the damned desk and not stretch my legs as I sang the song, but I stayed there and once it was over Steph was met with applause.

“Wow! Just wow!” I could hear Mr. Schue saying. “Well guys looks like we have a new Glee Club member!” His jolly laughter almost made me sick to my stomach, but I held in what little food I had in my stomach and stayed under the table for the next forty five minutes.

Once everyone left Steph came over to me under the table and helped me up and out. “We did it! I’m in!” She hugged me tight and couldn’t stop smiling. “You are seriously the best sister in the world.”

I smiled back at her, but I couldn’t help but think in the back of my mind, What if someone finds out?
♠ ♠ ♠
so so so sorry for the delay! schools almost out and they'll be coming much fast, i promise!! <3