Status: completed

Be Free, Be You

Four

The rest of that week was uneventful, but it was at least Friday and Jenna and I were having an unofficial cheer party at her house. It had to be unofficial; otherwise that bitch Kayla would show her skanky face and Coach Sylvester would have our asses if she caught us with any type of normal teenager food in our petite hands.

I sighed and walked down the halls of McKinley like I owned them, and people stayed out of my way, that was until I turned a corner and totally crashed into a kid in a wheel chair and landed almost on my ass, I caught myself at the last second. I glared at nothing while I straightened my uniform and smoothed my sleek, long, golden pony tail. He cleared his throat and looked at me expectantly; his pretty blue eyes sparkled as he raised a brow and crossed his arms. I took a second to look him over; he had on the school’s football letterman jacket branded with a big, bold M and old, worn-down, fingerless gloves.

“Watch where you’re going,” was all I said to him. He laughed and looked at me again, pushing up his glasses.

“Shouldn’t you? I’m the one in a chair,” he replied with simplicity. I felt my face twitch into a scowl as I leaned in, I could smell his cologne. It was some kind of mixture between the general manly smell that all colognes had and sugar, maybe? Whatever it was it distracted me for second and I almost wanted to get to know him, if that’s what people were calling it.

“And I’m the one that doesn’t give a damn,” I hissed and waited a moment for my mint breath to reach his nose and to see him noticeably lean into me before briskly walking away.

I inwardly shrugged, he was cute but he was in Glee Club… and the chair was a bit of a factor too. It wasn’t that I was rude to disabled people, Becky loved me; and it wasn’t that I was a super slut like most of the other cheerleaders, I hadn’t even lost my virginity yet, it was that I couldn’t—wouldn’t date anyone in Glee Club. Ever.

He smelled really good though…

I blew a stream of frustrated breath from between my lips and went to class. Soon it was time for practice and then almost too soon it was over and I found myself back at my gym locker getting changed into comfy skinny jeans and a red, ‘Go McKinley!’ tee. Jenna had rushed out without saying good-bye, she needed to get home so that should could start getting everything together for the party; so I just mindlessly wandered to the library where I knew geeky Steph would be waiting for me but when I scanned the tables, computers and between the shelves without catching a glimpse of her I became a little worried. I rushed out of the book room and looked down all of the halls where her classes were, no luck.

I started to panic but as I turned to a hallway I had personally never been in I saw her hiding behind a doorframe looking in. I whispered her name and she waved me over quietly. As I got closer I heard voices singing and I looked in the doorway to find the auditorium filled with Glee Club kids and I had to fight to hold back my vomit.

“Steph, let’s go before—” I cut off by the sight of Santana and Brittany walking on stage with their Cheerio uniforms singing along with the rest of them to the song We Are Young. “Oh God, I knew they were in Glee, but seeing it makes it worse.”

“They’re so talented…” Steph mumbled in awe and I groaned and pushed her aside, blocking her view from the Glee-Dorks.

“Steph, no offence but we both know you can’t sing, or dance, or even hum a tune correctly.” I said in voice that mixed harsh words with a soft tone. She pouted and looked like she wanted to cry.

“Why can’t I be you? You can sing and dance, you’re flawless!” She wailed and I quickly covered her mouth to listen and make sure none of the Glee kids had heard her pathetic wailing. “You don’t even use you’re singing voice!”

“I’d give you my voice if I could, Steph, you know that.” I honestly would if there was a way, it was exactly as she’d said. I didn’t sing. Not in public or really around the house, I just did it when I was alone in my room and thought that no one was listening… but obviously I was wrong about the latter.

I saw her eyes twinkle. It was the twinkle that you saw cartoon characters had as the light bulb lit up. I raised an arched brow at her and she gave me a pleading smile. “Maybe you could.”

I looked at her like she was crazy, “Uh, what?”

“Pop stars do it all the time!” She exclaimed and then covered her own mouth as I gave her a look.

“Walk and talk.” I said as we started on our way to my car.

“Lip syncing!”

“Lip syncing? What the hell is that?” I asked as we slid inside of the vehicle. I started it up and I saw all of the Glee freaks laughing and walking out of the school together, even Wheels. He looked over and smiled knowingly at me before turning back and talking to the freaky gothic Asian girl and her boyfriend, Mike Chang.

“It’s where one person mouths the words, but the sound is actually coming from another person but the audience can’t tell!” Steph literally jumped up and down in her seat in excitement and I looked at her like she was insane.

“Steph, no. I’m not singing for you.”

“I’ll tell mom and dad that you’re bulimic.” She said it both sadly and threateningly. I sucked in a breath and glared at the road.

“You wouldn’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
dont be a silent reader!! <3