Status: completed

Be Free, Be You

Forty-Six

I shut the door as quietly as I could and leaned on it as Artie sat before me with a wide grin on his face. Steph and Puckerman were inside hopefully working out the kinks in their dysfunctional relationship. I raised a brow and mimicked Artie’s grin, “What are you smiling at?”

“You,” he mumbled and motioned for us to go outside and wait for the two of them there. “I’m really proud of you, Val.”

An embarrassing and involuntary blush spread across my cheeks and I crossed my arms, “Well, thanks.” I sighed and slumped a bit as we moved farther away from the classroom. “I just hope everything stays calm.”

He nodded, “It’ll all be okay.” We came to a stop in the front of the building and I leaned on one of the decorative ledges. “Guess this means you’ll be moving back to your house.”

A small frown crossed my lips, I hadn’t even thought of that. It wasn’t like I didn’t miss living with my family, but I’d grown so used to falling asleep and waking up with Artie that I didn’t really want to give it up. “I’ll still be over all of the time. You can’t get rid of me that easy, Artie.”

He smiled and laced our fingers together before he pulled me down for a quick kiss. “I wouldn’t ever dream of getting rid of you. I love you.”

I felt that dopey smile I always got when he said that spread itself on my face. “I love you too.” We kissed again and I felt a happiness so pure and simple bubble up inside of me. Everything was right with the world at last.

I had the perfect boyfriend, I actually found someone who would put up with my attitude and cutting sarcasm, my now healing bulimia and anorexia problems, my twisted view on the world and my insecurities. Someone who would love me with everything he had and in return I loved him with every part of my heart and soul.

I had friends who cared about me. I had Santana and Brittany, even though they weren’t always with me or always hanging out with me, I knew that when it came down to it, they’d be there for me. Santana with her no bullshit attitude would defend me even if I was wrong, and Brittany without fail could put me in a good mood on even the worst day.

I had two sets parents who loved and cared about me, my own and Artie’s. All four of them cared about my well being and did what they thought best for me during everything that happened. I couldn’t ask for anything more than that.

I had a sister who through it all I still loved and who I knew loved me too. Steph and I were like oil and vinegar but we made it work. She was the one who believed in fairytales, and I was the one who thought the only thing that existed was this painful reality. I was wrong. Life could be a fairytale if that was what you chose to view it as and Steph taught me to let those emotions in. I could be a princess and Artie my prince, the bulimia the wicked monster and Steph my stellar sidekick princess with Puck as her knight in shining armor.

With those people I was free to be whoever I wanted. I was free to be myself with no consequences. And I loved that.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that concludes Be Free, Be You!

Thank you all for sticking with this story and sending us your positive energy through your comments, it really did wonders for us.

xoxoxox