Status: completed

Be Free, Be You

Six

I puffed out a fresh breath of air as I strutted out of the locker room from practice; Coach Sylvester had totally worked the bejesus out of us. Now to go grab Steph from the library… I rounded a corner and ran smack into Wheels, my bag slipping from my grasp and sliding a good ten feet down the hall and the rest of me was holding onto the armrests of the chair.

“You know, soon I’m going to think you’re doing this on purpose.” He chuckled as I lifted myself off of him and brushed off my practice uniform.

“Didn’t I tell you to watch where you’re going?” I snapped at him as I fixed my hair and frowned. “Shouldn’t you be at stupid Glee Club practice or whatever the hell you dorks do?”

He sucked in a hot breath from between his teeth, “Well now, that’s just not nice.”

I raised a brow at him and crossed my arms. “Whatever, Wheels, just go away.” I waved him off and started to walk down and get my bag, and when I got to it I purposefully bent down at the waist, bent one knee slightly and arched my back, knowing fully that he was still watching me and that my butt stuck out when I did that.

“As you wish, princess.” He said before he wheeled himself away.

I rolled my eyes again and just scooped up my bag before continuing on my way to get Stephanie. God, he’s so annoying. I thought as I reached the library and waved down Steph. “So, I was thinking we could work on our plan. I was thinking maybe,” she lowered her voice to a whisper as we reached the parking lot. “Domino by Jessie J.”

I raised my eyebrows and puffed out a breath of laughter as I started the car. “Okay, cool choice.”

She looked at me in shock, “Really?”

I laughed, “What did you want me to say no?”

She opened her mouth then closed it again and just turned up the radio; in reply I laughed and drove home. When we got there mom was reading yet another book and dad was watching ESPN, so naturally I sat beside dad and Steph reached in her back pack, grabbed a book and sat beside mom. Typical family night.

My phone chimed and I looked to see that it was a text from Santana.

From Santana Lopez: come over my hse. now
To Santana Lopez: OK but Y?


I turned to Dad and looked at him expectantly. He groaned and looked back at me, raising a brow that was an exact male version of Steph’s. “Yes?”
“Can I go to Santana’s house? She said it’s important.” I pleaded, using my big green-grey eyes and I could literally watch him cave to them.

“Sure. But if you end up staying over like last time, at least text us or your sister, okay?” He said, sighing. I smiled big and kisses his cheek before grabbing my keys off of our key holder by the front door.

“Thanks Daddy, bye Mom, bye Steph!” I said as I rushed out of the door and drove down to Santana’s house, which, thankfully, wasn’t a far drive. What does she want though? I was perfect at practice today and all last week, I recovered fine from Kayla’s stupid murder attempt… Did she need advice as to what to get Brittany for their upcoming ‘official’ three month anniversary?

I pulled into the Lopez driveway and walked up calmly to the door but before I could knock Santana opened it and yanked me inside, pulling me up the stairs to her bedroom and shutting the door before even saying a nice, hello.

“Okay so what’s up?” I asked innocently enough.

“We need to talk, Val.” She said sternly and I just looked at her confused. “You’re a junior and you’ll be a senior next year. Seniors are captains of the Cheerios.”

I nodded slowly, “Okay…”

“I’m graduating this year and there is no way in Hell I’m going to have Becky be full time captain.” She aid simply before rummaging through her closet, finding a pair of skimpy pajamas and throwing them at me. Guess I’m sleeping over.

I sent dad a quick text giving him the update and then sent Steph one saying I’d be at the house to pick her up in the morning. “But Santana, I though Coach Sylvester appointed captain?”

“She does, but if I put in a good word then she’ll most likely put in whoever I asked for.” Sanatana answered coolly before sitting at her vanity and brushing out her hair. I slipped off my cheer uniform and neatly folded it on the corner of her dresser, not even caring that she was sneaking small, involuntary glances at me in my underwear, I was used to it.

“Okay, but why are you telling me this?” I asked simply as I put on the shorts and somewhat baggy long sleeve tee.

“Because, Tattoo Barbie, I’m asking you if you’re up for the job next season.”
♠ ♠ ♠
dont be silent readers! (: