Status: Still being worked on in epic proportions!!

Fake

Smile

I woke up feeling groggy and covered with sweat. My sheets were warm from laying in it, and the pillow was laid out on the floor. The sweet smell of the willow tree and the stream haunted me in my dreams. All I could see was Alek in my mind's eye.

Was this true love, or puppy love? I had heard that love was nothing more than just wanted to be one with the other person and just to be with them, but puppy love is just a short lived crush. Which one is it, and how could I have feelings this strongly about him? I only just met him yesterday and I already felt like I knew everything about him that I needed to know. He was more of a chilled back kind of guy that thought more than he would say. He loves converse and the band Rise Against as much as he loves eating Italian food. Where was all of this coming from, anyway?

I sat up and looked around my room. The alarm clock read 1:32 A.M. Saturday morning. Saturday! Prom is today and so is my birthday! Oh no, that means that mom is going to sit me down and attempt to get me to talk. Every year she has tried to do that, but it never works. My memories couldn't reach back further then when I was eight, but my mom also told me that was also the time when my father died and I returned home from a kidnapping. What happened to me during that time I was gone? It had to be something tragic or else I wouldn't remember.

I got out of bed and noticed that the only thing I had on was a tank top and shorts. I don't even remember returning home or changing out of my clothes. I do remember that I blacked out while I was with Alek, maybe he carried me home. Oh god, please don't tell me he undressed me to. Then, I would skip Prom without a doubt.

As I quietly left my room and walked down stairs to the kitchen, I swear I could feel eyes watching my every move. I checked the windows that were in the living room, but I would only met with the pitch black shadows of night, and the full moon greeted me as well. I could hardly see past my own face, the light of the kitchen was shining bright behind me.

THWOMP!

I heard the loud smack from behind me, and I turned to look at the kitchen window. There was a white mask that held no expression, pressed against the window, staring at me. Its hand was pressed against the window as well, and you could see the steam from the breath of whoever was on the other side of that window. The hand curled up into a fist and started banging on the glass. Fear was pulsing through me, and I couldn't move or even look away. The black eyes the hid behind the mask kept me memorized.

CRACK!

There was a thin line spreading out from the fist. It spread faster and faster the harder the glass was hit. There was one word that echoed through my mind. Run. Run. If only my legs would obey, I would be able to dash to the cupboard beneath the sink and pull out the pistol that my mom kept hidden, just for an emergency. Run. Run!

The glass shattered and landed on the floor with clinking that made my skin crawl. The world around me seemed to get darker and darker as the man cursed under his masked and started to slowly fade into the shadows again. I sprinted upstairs and back into bed, leaving the lights on down stairs.

This has to be a dream. Wake up. Wake up. Please, wake up!

I heard a small shuffling and looked over to my window. There he was. The man in the white mask. He was crouching on my window seal and just watching me.

"Why do you run? Why do you try to hide? You can't run from what you hold inside," He tabbed a finger against his head, his voice was like what you would expect of a serial killer. Smooth, seductive, and filled with the threat of murder. "Do you know where you belong? I guess not. You should be terrified of who you are around." The man shrugged. "Who knows, he might turn around and stab you in the back." He made a gesture that was as if he was knifing someone in the stomach.

I only stared at him with horror. Whoever this guy was, I need to get him to stop, but I refused to let him hear my voice. No one has the right to hear it. No one but Alek.

"Awh. Come on sweet, silent Angel. Smile." I thought I could hear him crack a grin when he said that.

He turned his head slightly as if to see something in me that was worth looking at. I kept silent, but kept my eyes on him. I crossed my legs Indian style and rested my elbows on my thighs. He was still leaned over, as if he was a predator that was ready to pounce on its prey. Me. A quick breeze blew in through the window, making my purple curtains brush against him, like they wanted to pull him outside. Why he is here and what does he want? A silly thought came to my mind then. What if I talked proper and in riddles? Will he leave? Let's try.

"I do not know who you are seeking, but by thy look on thou's face, shall I kid you not that there will be more visitors here then you would want. Am I incorrect?" Speaking like this and my sliver of an English accent is what really pulled all of it together.

"Thou shall not threaten such an empty promise such as that." He answered, the smile almost cracking wider under his mask. "It was fun to talk with you, Angel. Just be warned that who you think you trust, will betray you. It's better to stay alone then become shark food." He sounded sad at that point, but I didn't care. When he finally left within a blink of an eye, I slammed the window shut and ran straight back into bed. His words echoed through my head until I fell asleep again.

"Alexis, wake up! You’re going to be late!" My phone chirped as the voice mail echoed throughout the house. It was just an alarm that I set for myself in case mother didn't wake me up. Mom probably woke up already and left for work and forgot to wake me up also. As usual.

Something happened last night; someone had spoken to me, but who? What did this person look like? Did I know them? Now that I think about it, didn't the kitchen window break? I wonder how mom took it.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed the first shirt I saw and some skinny jeans. I threw on the jeans and the silky, frilly black shirt that I choose at random with some black converse. Might as well start calling me Demon instead of Angel for how much black I wear. Or, maybe I’m just the gothic type. I walked over to the bathroom and started up the facet. The warm water sprayed out and I could feel the rush of air from the white porcelain sink. I cupped my hands and scooped up some of the water that poured out. I leaned over and splashed my face a few times then dried off with a towel. Alek. The shock of the dream finally hit me. Everything came crashing back from just the one simple thought that came to my mind. Why did the dream come back from thinking of Alek? What did he have to do with anything?

I stared myself in the mirror. I really hope that I'm not in trouble for the broken window.

After I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, put on perfume, and rubbed deodorant in my pits, I went down stairs to see how bad the mess was. To my surprise, the glass was still as it was the day before. Just a kitchen window. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Was that just a dream?

Then I realized the time was 11:16 A.M. I'm going to miss the bus if I don't hurry! Today is the big dress sale at JC Penny! I don't want to be the last one there, considering there’s more on sale then just dresses. I looked down at my silver plated wrist watch. Shot, the store is going to open in less than 45 minutes! I sprinted out the door and down the four blocks to the city bus stop. I made it in time, but the thought that all of that was probably just a dream, sent chills down my spine.

A small smile creased along my face as I stared out of the window while I was sitting on the bus. With a broken mind, it's all I could do with the thought that I was actually obeying the man in my dream. He told me to smile. His words came back to me, it buzzed and bounced around in my skull.

"Awh. Come on sweet, silent Angel. Smile..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haen't updated in a while, I kinda lost the idea that I wanted for this story, but I'll write a new chapter as soon as I think of it again. Thanks for reading guys, and I hope you come back soon!