Sat Still as a Rose

Your Heart's a Mess, You Won't Admit to It

"The dormatries are so screwed up this year," Draco mumbled, looking at a paper that displayed how to get to the new dormatries and who he would be rooming with.

"Mm..." Seiran Sepharim, Draco's only friend outside of his family since the war ended, mumbled and sipped at the juice box she was holding, looking over her own paper.

"Who are you rooming with?" Draco asked, glancing over at his friend's sheet of paper.

"Scout Harker," Seiran answered in a 'duh' tone, "You?"

"Some kid named Vesper Teirney," Draco started wondering who the boy was, since he had never met him before.

"Ahh, I know him," Seiran nodded, recognizing the name, "He's my sister's best friend."

Draco's eyes popped open as he realized who it was, "Oh! That kid! I know who he is."

Seiran nodded and finished off her juice box, crushing it and throwing it at the back of some random Hufflepuff's head.

Draco and Seiran made their way to the Slytherin commons in the Dungeon, pushing through the hordes of student trying to do the same thing. When they finally got to the commons, the head of their house, Alpana Avatari, was already going over a long list of rules.

Seiran nudged Draco in the arm to get his attention then gestureed to Professor Avatari and wiggled her eyebrows suggestivly. Draco put a hand to his mouth to stifle his laughter at Seiran's perviness.

"Well, that about covers it," Professor Avatari smiled at her students, "Go ahead and do whatever it is that you do."

The professor walked off, probably going to her own room for the night, and the Slytherin students began mingling.

"Seiran! We get to room together!" Scout Harker, Seiran's best friend, ran up to the pair that had been standing around looking at their papers.

Seiran giggled and began talking to Scout.

"I'm gonna go ahead and go to my dorm," Draco announced, saying his goodbyes to Seiran.

He made his way to his dorm, hating how different it was from all the years before. When they rebuilt the castle, they had also modernized it, which ruined the charm that it had.

When he entered the room, there was already a trunk on one of the beds and a boy stand by one of the dressers.

"Uhmm... Hi," Draco scratched the back of his head, "You must be Vesper."

The curly haired by jumped and turned around to stare wide-eyed at Draco, "Uhmm... Y-yeah."

"I'm Draco, your roommate," Draco stated, then set his trunk on the empty bed.

The setup for the room was definitely different than before. There's were two twin beds right next to each other, separated by a wall that was about four feet tall. There were built-in dressers under the beds and also dressors and two mini closets built into the walls.

"This is so different," Draco sighed.

Vesper only mumbled something in return and then finished unpacking his trunk. He grabbed a pair of sweats and went into the bathroom, returning to the room a few minutes later dressed only in his sweats.

Vesper plopped down on his chosen bed and curled up under the blankets.

"Could you turn the lights out when you're done? I'm tired," he mumbled to Draco, his heart constricting from having to talk to that... scumbag.

Draco replied with a yes and quickly finished unpacking and then shut the lights off, stripping down to his boxers like he always did, and curling up in his own bed.

Image


"B, move your god damn ass!" Keola said loudly, pushing Bianca Malfoy off of her spot on the bench at the Ravenclaw table.

Keiran watched silently as his two friends fought over who was going to sit at the end seat, wondering when the girls were going to grow up.

It was the day after they arrived at Hogwarts, around eight in the morning and they were in the Great Hall, attempting to eat breakfast.

"Keiran! Hey, I haven't gotten to talk to you today," Ciro, Bianca's younger brother, smiled at Keiran.

"Oh, h-hey, Ciro," the older boy smiled faintly.

"How are you doing?" the blonde boy asked, his face showing that he was genuinely interested.

"I've been better, but you know," Keiran shrugged, "What about you?"

"I think I'm feeling the same as everyone else," Ciro chuckled, "Unsure of how I should feel."

Keiran chuckled along with the younger boy, "I hear you there, mate. Everything's just so confusing right now."

That wasn't a total lie, but Keiran did know how he felt. He was sad. Heartbroken. Hurt. His brother, Justin, had been killed at the Battle of Hogwarts. His brother had been his closest friend for the longest time and to just lose him so suddenly...

Keiran shook away the thoughts of his brother. It had been over a year, he couldn't let anyone know that he was still hung up on his death.

"Keiran! Tell Bianca that I get to sit by you!" Keola whined.

Keiran sighed, "Bianca, you know she's just going to keep whining like that until you let her sit there."

Bianca sighed and gave up, letting Keola sit next to her friend, and sitting on the other side of Keola. Kealii, Kealo's twin sister, sat on the other side of the table chowing down on her breakfast.

"Ciro, you should go talk to our dear cousin later," Bianca said, talking to her younger brother.

Keiran's nose scrunched up at the mention of him. He loved Bianca and Ciro with all his heart, but Draco? Keiran hated Draco. Draco was a death eater, and once a death eater, always a death eater. A death eater killed his brother, and that, he could never forgive. Even if Draco hadn't done it personally, he was associated with the fuckers who did it, which made him equally responsible.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna' go back to my dorm," Keiran sighed, "I'm not feeling too good."

Before anyone could protest, Keiran pushed up from the table and headed towards the Ravenclaw Tower. He was so intent on getting to his dorm that he wasn't paying attention and ran right into someone.

"I-I'm sorry," Keiran stuttered and looked up to see the red-haired professor that had been introduced the night before.

"It's fine," George responded, rubbing his eyes, "I wasn't paying attention."

Keiran studied the teacher's face for a few moments, taking in the dark circles that were under his bloodshot eyes, his chapped lips, his loose tie, and ruffled hair.

Keiran quickly looked away when George met his gaze, "I... I have to go to my dorm..."

George grunted in response and allowed the byo pass him to get to his dorm. He was curious as to why the boy was in such a hurry and why his voice was so shakey, but he had spent most of the night awake, thinking about his brother after being woken violently by a nightmare about the Battle of Hogwarts.

It was a day no one could forget, no matter how hard they tried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. Not as long as the other... I know, not much is happening, but once their classes start, it will be awesome drama-llama galore. I pinky promise.
The chapter title comes from Hearts a Mess by Gotye.
Comment and subscribe?
Image Grace