Status: trying to write a little everyday

Running Without Shoes

Sometimes we make friends without knowing

I gulped down the air that seemed to be stuck in my throat, as i stared motionless at the sign. Columbus, Ohio was printed in bold white letters on a green sign held up by metal. I felt sick, much like how i felt earlier. This time I don't know why I felt this way. Maybe there is something in Ohio that I had forgotten was here. The feeling in my stomach didn't go away, instead it only seemed to grow. It felt as if it was eating me alive, my breathing was slow, and my heart was beating rapid.

"hey," I felt a hand tug at my shoulder. I looked up, letting my hair fall in my face, it was that guy again. every thing was normal now like nothing had happened. The boy smiled and reached for something that was on the ground.

" I left my bag." he half laughed, probably feeling stupid. I smiled politely trying to hide the fact that i already forgot his name. Brandon, i think, or maybe it was Dillon. i thought for a moment feeling a little ashamed for forgetting this boy's name. He set the bag on the seat and grabbed the handles on it.

"I forgot this is my stop too." I was mentally kicking myself right now. idiot!
The boy grinned widely," cool! we can hang out!"
i believe this boy is a little over enthusiastic about life, the thought made me laugh a little.

" sounds good, Brandon."
everything was silent for a moment. The kind of awkward silent that lets you know you did something wrong. He was making a face at me, something that look like a fish.

"its kyle, girlllll" He laughed it off and gently hit me in the shoulder. I laughed with him awkwardly.
---
After meeting Kyle four hours ago we where still hanging out. we where sitting at his dad's place, watching a movie in the living room. throwing pieces of popcorn at each other ever so often ,and occasionally complaining about how dumb the girl was in the movie.

"its always the blond ones." kyle shifted around to lay on his stomach.

" I think you forgot that your blond." I laughed, pointing at his hair.
he grabbed a strain of his hair, and played with it. " oh this, yeah i dyed it. friends dared me to."

"whats your regular color?"
he grabbed and few pieces of popcorn before answering,"black." I nodded. we continued to watch the rest of the movie. when the movie was finally over we really couldn't think of anything to do, so we just sat there playing with popcorn that was on the floor. Kyle yawned, which led me to yawn. we both sat there for a moment watching the credits on the screen until Kyle jumped up.

" hey! we should do something!"

" you think" I smiled, I couldn't help myself with the sarcastic remark.
He looked at me making a hissing sound.

"sassy."

we both laughed at how dumb we where being. I think Kyle and I are friends now. We haven't know each other for long but i just feel comfortable around him. Maybe that's why i was scared to be in Ohio, because i was afraid to make a friend? I laughed at that thought. it seemed so cheesy and dumb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't posted in awhile, sorry. I really like this chapter. :)