‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Status: Complete

Shattered Reflections

Bad Impressions

The entire student body was in an uproar that Monday morning which is shocking because on Mondays, students are still trying to get the weekend break out of their system but that day, everyone was excited. The reason for the excitement was a new student was transferring to Huntington Beach High School; the main rumors that were circulating around were whether or not the new student was a male or a female. Though there was a group of boys that didn’t care too much about the new student that would start school there, they busy with their own business at hand and that meant coming up with names for their band. Though one certain blue eye trouble maker was just jumping with enthusiasm on the inside, he was just as much as excited to find out who the new student is because from what he found out from the little nerd that he loved to pick on, the new student was coming from New York; The Big Apple! The bell shrilled out throughout the entire school, signaling that breakfast was over and classes is about to begin in five minutes.

But for Jimmy, his morning ritual was avoiding going to his first class because the overweight ‘elder’ man just put him right to sleep. So instead he spends his time avoiding teachers but mostly the principal that was a hard ass. He believed that constant hall monitoring would decrease the amount of student’s absentees but Jimmy is like a ninja, he can come and go like the wind without anyone knowing until the last minute. Peering around the corner, Jimmy scouted the vacant hallway for any teachers or security guards before skipping and jumping down the hallway. He started to tear down posters that listed events such as basketball try outs for the school and the upcoming Spring Dance. Jimmy was a part of the team junior year but apparently Jimmy wasn’t a team player and he was too rowdy on the court as the coach stated.

The wooden door creaked opened, Jimmy quickly dashed behind the trash bin that was barely big enough to conceal his entire body. Slowly peaking around the trash bin, Jimmy watched as an unfamiliar person who looked like a skinny boy exited the front office. Jimmy squint his blue eyes, everything he saw about the person just set alarms off in his mind. When the person turned, Jimmy’s jaw slacked from shock. He didn’t have time to confront the person because they were already down the hallway with a paper in their hand. Jimmy jolted when he heard someone clear their throat from behind him.

“Fuck.” muttered Jimmy as he turned around to see the big man himself; Mr. Simmons towering over him. “Oh hey Mr. S, I was just going to the restroom.”

“You are, then where is your pass?” questioned Mr. Simmons.

“I lost it on the way over?” Jimmy said as he scratched the side of his neck.

“Nice try Sullivan. Detention after school and I am sure that you won’t be alone by the end of the day.” Mr. Simmons said, referring to the rest of Jimmy’s friends. “Report back to your class, Mr. Sullivan or I will have you in detention for the rest of the week.”

Jimmy quickly got up from the floor and ran back down the hallway with the person that walked out of the office still lingering in his head. It didn’t take much for Jimmy to be back in his hyper mood, just thinking about the unfamiliar person got him to brighten up despite the detention he has to attention to after school. When lunch came around, Jimmy made his way to the open court yard, terrorizing students along the way until he met up with Matt Sanders and Zacky Baker. Jimmy bolted to the table that Matt and Zacky were lounging at, and then using his legs, he jumped on the top, startling both of the males.

“Guess what!” screamed Jimmy, making the other students look his way. “I just saw the new student this morning coming out of the office!”

Matt just shrugged his shoulders before turning his attention back to the notebook that was in front of him and Zacky just nodded his head before fiddling with his guitar.

“Come on, you have to be fucking excited!” bellowed Jimmy.

“Excited for what? It’s just another lame ass student transferring from another school to this dump.” murmured Zacky not taking his eyes off his guitar. “It isn’t like that person is from a fucking famous family or something.”

“But I heard that person came from New York! Fucking New York City! And don’t you want to know if that person is a dude or fucking hot chick?” Jimmy said as he jumped up and down his seat.

“Do you know if its chick or a guy that transferred?” Matt questioned as he put his black pen down and turning his hazel eyes toward Jimmy. “Since everyone on this fucking campus is talking about it. I even heard that the varsity team made a bet about the gender during fourth period.”

“Oh I didn’t get the chance to because Mr. Pole up His Ass caught me before I could confirm my suspicions and gave me detentions after school.” Jimmy explained.

“Dammit Jimmy, we have practice after school and not to mention we have come up with a name for our band!” Matt groaned as he tugged his hair.

“Dude we need find out whether the new student is a chick or not! I mean I dying to know, I couldn’t focus in third hour and you know I love the pay attention to Mrs. Morgan’s teaching!” said Jimmy, nudging Zacky with his elbow. Zacku just grinned and continued to play tunes on his guitar.

“If Jimmy wasn’t paying attention to Mrs. Morgan then this new student has got to be interesting.” Zacky said, putting his guitar away and picking his bag of Doritos and eating a few. “But how are we going find out whether the fresh meat is dude or chick?”

“With these!” Jimmy held up his hands, waving them around in front of Zacky.

“Your hands, are you fucking serious? How the fuck are you going find out whether or not the fresh meat is a boy or girl? Are you going to stick your hands down their pants and see if there’s anything hanging or not?” Zacky questioned with a skeptical look.

“No I am not to stick my fucking hand down their pant!” Jimmy said with disgust. “I’m going to check if there are any round mounds on their chest with my hands. I have experience so I know what I am looking for!”

Zacky felt like hitting Jimmy because what he plan to do is grope the new student and that could count as sexual harassment and he wasn’t looking to go to jail since they are all over eighteen and they don’t know if the new student is a minor or not.

“Whatever just makes sure that you make it for band practice tomorrow?” Matt finally said.

The bell shrilled out again, ending lunch period; the guys splitting up to go to their classes for once since Mr. Simmons was just looking for an excuse to have them all in detention after school. Matt packed his notebook away in his pocket and headed to his next class which in truth he enjoyed; Creative Writing. Out of his entire schedule, Creative Writing is a big help to him because he is able to write lyrics and edit the ones he has written. Walking into the class, Matt made his was to his usual seat far from the usual cliché that loved to gossip about the school love bird, breaks up and so on. To his surprise, someone was already seating in his seat with their head resting on their arms, hiding their face from view. But Matt could make out that faded Metallica shirt that was one size big for them and the slightly baggy pants that had a black belt on the waist, though Matt couldn’t tell if the person was a guy or chick from his view.

Matt was going to say something but the bell rang hanged again and the rest of the class began to file in. So he sat in the chair in front of his usual seat, feeling a bit exposed but he hunkered down and waited for the teacher to start. Whispers broke out in front of him, pointing in the direction behind him but Matt kept looking forward, trying not to let the gossip annoy the hell out of him. The hour pasted by painfully slow, maybe it was because that he wasn’t in his seat that he didn’t enjoy his Creative Writing or the damn students talking and distracting him from doing any work on his lyrics. When the bell finally rang, the first person out the door was the new student and that surprised Matt.

When the day was finally over, Matt was in a foul mood. Hearing each of the girls that sat in his final hour talk on about the new student and them gushing over that person just irritated Matt. Their squeals and giggles just grated his nerves so much that he wanted to pull his hair out but thankfully the hour ended and it was the last class of the day. Making his way to the front entrance to meet up with Jimmy and Zacky –Brian being absented since he caught a cold from his latest date- Matt just wanted to go to Johnny’s Bar and get more writing down since he couldn’t focus at all today, so hopefully the bar would help him get inspired.

“Hey Shads!” Matt turned to see Jimmy running wildly full speed toward him, it only took a few seconds for Jimmy to reach Matt since he was so tall and had longer legs. “Have you seen the new student yet?”

Jimmy stopped in time to keep from barreling Matt over, his eyes held excitement and mischief and looking around them, trying to spot the new student.

“I have them in my Creative Writing but I didn’t get a good look.” Matt said “Oh there they are.”
Matt pointed to his left at the lone figure that was making their way to the parking lot. Without saying anything Jimmy bolted in the direction that Matt was pointing to, pushing students out of the way and knocking trash bins over.

“Is he really going to do what he said he was going to do at lunch?” Matt asked.

“Looks like it, we better stop him before he does because I don’t want to get detention this week for something Jimmy did.” Zacky said.

The two continued to watch from afar as Jimmy approached the new student from behind and without any warning stuck his hands up their shirt and pulled that person close to his tall body. Both Zacky and Matt eyes widen and their jaws fell open as they watched Jimmy groped the newcomer but they shocked even further when Jimmy was punched in the eye and kicked in the groin, making Jimmy fall to the ground with his hands in between his legs. Matt was the first to break out of his shock daze and sprint to where Jimmy was on the ground, the fresh meat looking furiously down at Jimmy. When he got closer, Matt was able to get a closer look at the new student and he was shocked to see that they had more feminine features but the clothes and the hair said another thing. Before Matt could react, a massive pain exploded on his lower lip, the sudden force caused Matt to fall backwards on his back, jolting the air out of his lungs. He could taste the copper ting of the blood fill his mouth, he was too distracted that he didn’t noticed that Zacky was right behind him and now on the ground beside him, groaning in pain.

“My tenders!” Jimmy cried out as he held onto his groin as if that would help ease the pain there while Matt and Zacky nursed the punched to face that came suddenly.

“What fuck?” Matt exploded with anger once he came to realize that he got hit by someone that was half his size. But the person that essentially kicked their ass in less than five minutes was not there, they were in nowhere in sight. Matt got up, looked around trying to look for the culprit but he got more frustrated when he couldn’t find them anywhere in sight.

“So the new student is a dude and he sure can pack a fucking punch.” Zacky grunted as he got up and started his way over to Jimmy who still curled in a ball, holding his groin.

“No…had soft…round…” Jimmy voice’s was strained when tried to talk. “So soft…”

“Wait wait wait are you saying you the person you groped was a girl?” Zacky massaged his cheek that was already beginning to swell up. “So we got our ass kicked by a fucking girl!”

“Man down, I repeat man down!” was all Jimmy said while Matt wiped the blood from his lip, the anger building up inside him and Zacky just rolled his eyes, helping Jimmy up from the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
The second and third part will be posted today!