Status: Let The Haunt, Begin. c;

Invisible to the Touch

Paralyzer

I whipped my hair out of my face, looking across the street to a panicking pedestrian.
I couldn't have possibly just heard that correctly.
Was she yelling at me to get out of the way of that truck? She couldn't have. I'm dead. Gone, transparent, forgotten. No one can see me.
Can they?
Her face flushed, the rainbow haired girl gaped in my direction before being stampeded to the other side of the street. I followed slowly, walking across the street through rushing cars and hustling people walking by.
I felt little paws on my shoulder and looked down at Tulio, my supernatural hamster. My only friend in the lonely knowledge-less world that is the after life.
I watched her throw her things down on a bench in front of an apartment building as she looked over her shoulder every three seconds. Her face was as white as snow as she took another glance over her shoulder, eyes wide as she fidgeted through a bag for her keys. I cut across the street un-noticed as cars whipped through me, hurrying downtown as I made my way towards the paranoid girl. She found her keys at last as she fumbled to put everything back in the bag.
"Hi there," I greeted, doubting she would even hear me. But she did. She whipped around with a look of fear in her eyes so great it was like a slap across the face.
"You, you aren't alive." She stuttered, quickly gathering her things and rushing up the steps of the apartment building as I followed her.
"Well, technically no, I mean I can explain, but; wait. First of all, you can see me?"
She quickly whipped open the door and entered the empty lobby 'Willkommen,' Better known to American tourists as Welcome, was scrawled on the abandoned registers desk. "You aren't real. I'm seeing things, I bumped my head on the train ride while I was sleeping or something and now I'm envisioning a girl and little hamster getting hit by a semi then following me to my hotel. I'm going crazy," She laughed to herself, "That's all."
I followed her as she rushed into an elevator and pushed floor 7 as I followed her in without a word. I needed to know more. I needed to know why she could see me, maybe she has actually lost her mind, maybe that's why I'm not invisible to her. But just as the door was about to close, a leather shoe stopped it and it opened again to reveal a young man. He had a rushed expression on his face as he nodded quickly at the possibly crazy girl who's grip tightened on her bags. He had bright green eyes the color of grass in the spring, his thick brown hair was pushed back and he had a faint mustache on his upper lip. With a skinny but strong build he was wearing a suit but his hands were dusted with paint and charcoal as he clutched his portfolio. My smirk broadened as I noticed the girl looking at him as the elevator slowly began its ascent to the seventh floor.
"Why don't you say Hello?" I grinned as she glared at me.
"Why don't you shut up?" She hissed quietly through her teeth at me, "You aren't real."
The man looked over concernedly, question and worry in his eyes as the girl blushed and went silent again.
"I saw the way you looked at him,"
The elevator dinged I exited first, her following after me as the man headed down the hall in the opposite direction.
"He probably thinks I'm crazy now," She chuckled, more to herself than me.
"Maybe you are, if you can see me." I suggested as she huffed past me and unlocked her apartment and threw her bags down on the kitchen table and collapsed in a chair, running her hands through her hair.
"I'm not crazy, you are just a figment of my imagination. You, aren't real." She refused to make eye contact as she gazed out of the glass balcony to her amazing view of Stuttgart.
"Well, I don't 'technically' exist, I mean I don't have any current legal documentation on me or anything but, I am real."
"Oh?" She challenged, "And hows that?"
"Because I can do this," I smiled, picking a few apples from her bag before starting to juggle them. She smiled, amused at first but gasped when she saw the levitating apples alone in the mirror that was on the wall.
"You're, a ghost?" She stammered, her face dropping to a paper white as she grabbed the cross from her backpack, flashing it at me like I would coil in fear and fall into the cracks of the Earth.
"A...lost spirit, I guess, and I'm not a demon, I believe in God, I just haven't gotten there yet." I mumbled, setting down the apples as I focused to make myself appear in the mirror and adjusted my shirt.
"To Heaven?" She questioned, sweeping a rainbow strand of hair from her face to tuck it behind her ear.
"Yeah," I smiled, feeling Tulio's little paws on my shoulder, "But I need help, and you just might be the person to help me accomplish that."
"You want me, to help you?" She scoffed, "I can't help you, even if you are real, ghosts aren't supposed to communicate with humans, you aren't supposed to be able to talk to me."
"But maybe you are just the perfect person to help if I can," I suggested, watching the breeze blow the tree's outside as the sun began to vanish behind the Earth.
"This is crazy. I'm not your person and you just, need to leave me alone." She picked up her wallet and swung the apartment door slamming shut behind her, making me wince, but I followed through it to her anyway's.
"But I need you," I begged, but my pleads fell on deaf ears.
"Well I don't ca-" But she was cut off as she ran into the body in front of her and they both fell to the ground.
"I'm so sorry," He chuckled, picking up the things from his folder as he handed her, her wallet.
"No, its all my fault."
Neither bothered to look but my smile broadened as I recognized the young man with green eyes and brown hair. It was the one from the elevator, the one I could tell she didn't exactly hate.
"So we meet again," He grinned, all of his drawings finally back in his portfolio.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Thanks a million first of all to you my faithful reader and I hope you enjoyed.
Please listen to this exquisite song andinspiration that kept me rolling through this chapter I know I haven't updated in a while but I've been working through a lot of stuff and I hope you aren't angry with me! We have a lot of plans for this story so subscribe, drop us some feedback and vent! We'd love to hear from you!!
-Kat