Gonna Steal Your Heart Away

Chapter Nine

“How long until you get tired of asking Liv to hangout just to hear her tell you that she already has plans with Reader?” Brayden had literally just hung up his phone when Claude started chastising him from the kitchen of their apartment. With a roll of his eyes, Brayden tossed his cell phone onto his bed and collapsed next to it seconds after.

This had been happening for the past week. Brayden would call or text – he even stopped by the diner once – to ask Olivia if she wanted to hangout after she got off work. The conversation always ended the same way. Olivia would tell him about the most recent fight that Matt had gotten in with his girlfriend and about how she was going to go hangout with him to get his mind off of things.

“How long until you stop eavesdropping?” Brayden called out, but had no intensions of getting up from his bed to go have this conversation in the same room as Claude like normal roommates.

“Maybe I’ll stop eavesdropping when listening to you get shut down every night stops being entertaining.”

“I’m not being shut down. I’m not asking her out on dates, I’m asking her to come over and hangout with a bunch of other guys from the team. It’s chill.”

“But you want it to be a date and when she says she can’t, it hurts like she completely denied you.”

Brayden let what Claude had said sink in. It was true. He did not like that Olivia was spending all of her free time with Matt. Olivia was not Brayden’s girl, not by any means, but he was jealous that the more time she spent with Matt meant the more she was becoming his. But Matt had his girlfriend. They were fighting though. If Matt really wanted to have something with Olivia, he could just breakup with his girlfriend and use their fighting as an excuse. Right?

Claude pushed open Brayden’s bedroom door and stormed in. “Let’s go to the rink and use to gym. You can take out all your frustration on the bike,” Claude stated and looked down at Brayden who was still lying down on the bed. He huffed, nodding his head in agreement, and rolled of his bed, rose to his feet and began to get ready to leave.

*~*~*~*~*

“I’m so sorry about this,” Olivia apologized, for what seemed like the hundredth time, from the passenger seat of Matt’s car. “I just can’t say no to Danny. Or to those little munchkins of his.” Matt and Olivia were at Olivia’s dorm room, ready to have movie night and Matt was going to give her insight on his most recent fight with his girlfriend. But then Danny called and told Olivia that he had a date and his usual babysitter cancelled on him. Without Danny needing to actually ask, Olivia offered to come over his house and watch his kids so he could go have a night out.

“It’s not a problem, Liv. Really,” Matt reassured and threw a smile in Olivia’s direction.

When the two arrived at the Briere house, Danny only stuck around long enough to welcome them and then he was rushing out the door.

“Who wants to pick out a movie while I make mac and cheese for dinner?” Olivia called to the three boys sitting in the living room. Matt ran into the living room to where the collection of movies were held exclaiming that he go to pick the movie, but the three Briere boys tackled him to the ground when he got there and they were battling for the power that came with picking the entertainment for the night.

“You look pretty,” Cameron told Olivia when they were all gathered in the kitchen to get their bowls full of mac and cheese. If coming from anyone else’s mouth, Olivia would have taken it as sarcasm and playfully slapped the speaker for taking a jab at her outfit. But this was Cameron who would never hurt anyone…besides his brothers.

“Thank, Cam. I had work earlier and was only back at my dorm for like five minutes before your dad called. I didn’t really have time to change,” she told him and the five made their way into the living room to start the movie that Caelan picked: Captain America. “It’s like you knew that Captain America is my favorite superhero.”

“That can’t be comfortable,” Matt referred to Olivia’s outfit, completely ignoring her input on the movie selection. His eyes were glued on her as she sat down on the opposite side of the couch from him and Cameron jumped into middle spot between them. Olivia simply waved off Matt’s comment with a flick of her wrist before she began to dig into the bowl of mac and cheese in her hand.

“I’m sure my dad or Sean have something you can change into; they wouldn’t mind you borrowing,” Caelan offered from his seat in the big recliner next to Olivia and she could see the other two Briere boys nod their heads in agreement.

“I’m not going to wear someone else clothes without their permission, guys. I’m fine, seriously,” Olivia argued, not willing to give into their proposals. Next think Olivia knew, car keys were flying in her direction and landing in her lap having barely missed her bowl full of food.

“I have some clothes in the car. It’s just like shorts and a t-shirt but they are clean,” Matt told her with a look of determination on his face. Olivia rolled her eyes at the four boys that were staring at her expectantly. She decided not to get too mad at them for being so pushy because terminators were sweet; they just didn’t want her to be uncomfortable all night.

“Fine fine fine,” she replied and rose from her seat on the couch. “Just don’t start the movie until I get back.” With that, she was gone out to the car, leaving the guys to converse amongst themselves.

*~*~*~*~*

When Danny got home that night, Olivia was asleep on the couch in the thing room alone. He took a quick trip upstairs to find all three of his sons peacefully asleep in their beds. As he walked back down the steps, he saw his housemate returning home from his night as well. Followed right behind him were Brayden and Claude.

“What is she doing here?” were the first words out of Brayden’s mouth, pure confusion taking over his voice.

“I asked her to come over and watch my kids tonight. Reader was here with her, but I’m not we where he is,” Danny calmly replied and began to walk over to Orrin to wake her up.

“He went home to fix things with his girlfriend,” Olivia mumbled, sounding groggy as she woke up on her own accord. She sat up on the couch and looked at the four hockey players in front of her before continuing. “Your sons told him that he should be trying to fix the problems with her instead of running away from them. I’ve been telling him the same thing all week; when I say it ‘I just don’t understand’ but when it comes from three little kids its insightful. Please remind me to kill him later.”

All four boys couldn’t help but laugh at the girl’s explication. Brayden and Claude offered to drive her back to her dorm, seeing as her ride over to the Briere house had left her stranded. When they pulled up out front of her dorm building, Olivia hopped out of the back seat and poked her head into the passenger side, where Brayden had been sitting, window to say her goodbyes.

“Thanks for the ride home, Claude. You’re a life saver,” she told him and gave a simple ‘not a problem’ in return. Olivia’s attention then turned to Brayden who had been smiling drown at her. “You have a game tomorrow night, right?” He nodded and she continued. “Score a goal for me?” It was then that he remembered that Olivia promised him a date after his first goal of the season, so he nodded his head again with more enthusiasm.

“Ice cream afterwards. My treat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers! I am sooooooooo sorry that this took almost two months to update! I started a new story with the Staal brothers and got caught up in that. Not to mention JVR, my FAVORITE Flyer, got traded and I fell into a blackhole of unhappiness for about a week. But hey, I went to Flyers rookie camp this morning and got the see James's little brother Trevor so it made me feel a little better. Just gonna put this out there..JV getting traded in real life will not be part of my story. I'm going to keep him in Philly (where he belongs) out of pure protest :P

Anyway! Thank you everyone for reading and not throwing pucks and zambonis at me for going on a mini hiatus. Please leave comments! :D
~Megan