Status: Inactive

Vengeance

The Capitol

Luka and I composed ourselves from the trauma that filled our bodies. I now felt untouchable, and ready for bloodshed. We explored the compartment we were thrown into. The train moved soundlessly, and steadily.
“Alright!” a voice boomed from a hallway.
Then he appeared. The man how called our fates.
“My name is Caesar. I’ll be your guide throughout our time in the Capitol until you reach the arena. Your mentor should be in her room.”
I looked out the nearest window immediately receiving whiplash in return. I had forgotten that this very train travelled at two hundred miles per hour.
“Shouldn’t our mentor be giving us advice?” I asked viciously whilst holding my head in between my hands.
Just when I spoke, she appeared. Eleanor Warwick. She was the victor of the Hunger Games about ten years ago. The twenty-seven-year-old gracefully walked to the area we occupied.
“Well, it looks like we have our brave souls.”
She emitted a vibe that shot through me like a bullet. She didn’t care whether we lived or died.
“Try not to die, okay?”
Her hair was a complete mess, and it seemed as if she hadn’t slept for days.
“Eleanor! Be a little more optimistic for them.” Caesar warned.
“Tch, why should be we optimistic for them? They’re destined to parish anyway.”
This angered me.
“Who are you to say whether we live or die?”
“Little girl, only one of you can come out alive.”
As anger flooded my being, I violently stormed from the compartment to my room. Tears finally streamed down my face. Deep down I knew Eleanor was right. She’s been through the games. She’s seen things that Luka, and I are about to witness. Many people will watch us fight for our lives. A knock arose from the other side of the door.
“Who is it?” I inquired wiping the trail of pathetic tears from my cheeks.
The door knob twisted revealing who was on the other side. The twelve-year-old boy, Luka stood before me.
“You are crying?” His Romanian accent was heavy.
I brought my left hand to my face, and sure enough, I found tears streaming down my cheeks again.
“Oh. I’m just so frustrated. The Capitol is just… Horrible.”
He came and occupied the seat next to my bed.
“That is not a reason to cry, Anastasia.”
The look he held seemed as if I’ve known him my entire life.
“It will get better soon. Just give time a chance to help. And please do not cry. You will ruin your beautiful face.” He wiped a few tears.
I’ve heard about him. His entire family died from the deadly virus that went around a few years back. I encountered him before, but I brushed him aside. Now, I’m the one in need, and he’s taking care of me. I’m terrible.
“Look, we are here.” He pointed to the window.
Enormous buildings that scraped the sky came into view as we decreased in speed. People painted in disgustingly bright neon colors, cheering, and waving at our cabin. Luka went up to the window and smiled enthusiastically.
“How can you do that, Luka? They’re going to watch us get murdered for entertainment, laugh at us, bet on us.”
“They want a show, do they not? Let us give them one.”
Caesar brought us to the doors we entered. They slowly dispersed letting bright light seep through.
“Luka, Anastasia. From here you will be escorted to your stylists.”
Oh how grand. They’re going to peel our skin off. The doors were open fully now, and four figures were traced by the sun’s harmful rays. As my eyes adjusted I was instantly grabbed and whisked away from Caesar, Eleanor, and Luka.
Twenty minutes after being kidnapped. I was stripped from my clothing, and was set on a cold table. My arms, and legs were waxed clean of hair. It felt like I was being showered with acid. Finally after many burns, I was left alone in a four walled room. I touched my legs, as smooth as granite. I am just a pawn in the Capitol’s game.
“Hello, Anastasia.” I looked up to see a man. He didn’t have the Capitol look. He looked completely normal.
“My name is Julius. I am your stylist.”
“So, you’re here to beautify me?” I sat up.
“Haha, only you.” He touched my face, examining the structure.
“You’re absolutely beautiful. They’re going to love you.”
I smiled.
“You have a keen way with words.”
“I have a way with fashion.”
He dressed me in a costume that pertained to what we do in District 6. Black velvet shorts, flat black boots that rose to my ankle, blood red suspenders, a silk black long sleeved blouse, a conductors hat, as well as a whistle, and a pair of white silk gloves. Transportation. My hair was pinned in a perfect tight bun, and cosmetics were caked on my face.
“Extraordinary. Your big eyes bring out your fierce look.” Julius cupped my chin.
When I took a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was completely shocked to see an entirely different person. I looked so full of authority.
“The Capitol is going to love you.”
“District 6!”
Our chariot soared through the road. The people cheered, and chanted as we glided past. I blew a kiss to them which was awarded with showering roses. Once we reached the middle of the circle, I saw the other ten tributes waiting in their chariots. I struggled to find District 1’s unfortunate tributes with the flashing lights that threatened my eye sight. I had finally spotted them right when President Snow was presenting his address. A boy with curly hair, and green eyes, and a blonde with blue eyes. They looked as snotty as I thought they’d be. As I was about to turn my attention to President Snow, the curly haired boy turned his attention to me. He captured me with his gorgeous green orbs. He flashed a brilliant smile exposing his perfect pearly whites.
No Anastasia, he is your enemy. He’ll kill you if you let your guard down. He’s from District 1.
“Anastasia? Are you alright?” Luka whispered tugging at my sleeve.
“Y-yes. Completely.” My voice didn’t seem to accommodate my answer.
I focused back on the male. His eyes still gazing upon me.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=46113173

Anastasia's outfit Julius put together.