Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

I froze as I heard my window open. I dropped toothbrush in the sink and listened as I heard the floor creak, confirming that somebody was indeed in my room. It couldn’t be mom or Jeremy; they left to go to dinner only an hour ago. Aaron was three hours away in college. Aurora was at a friend’s house. Alex was at his grandmas. And none of my friends were supposed to be com- Wait! Why am I even thinking this through?! Nobody I know would use my window to get in my house because it’s on the second floor!

I grabbed my toothbrush, gripping on it for dear life as I opened the door. The window was completely closed. My door was still closed. The colorfully lit lamp next in the corner of my room was on, and I didn’t see anybody. I sighed in relief, turning around and going back to finish brushing my teeth when an arm wrapped around my waist and a hand went over my mouth. My eyes widened at the metal that was in his hand. I’m going to die, I’m going to die. “Call the cops or make any wrong move and I won’t hesitate to slit your throat, got it?”

Ashlyn. | Nash.

© the new mentality.
All characters are mine, along with the idea. Don't steal; it's illegal.
_________________________________________________________________