Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

Ashlyn, I love you.

"Shit, Jenn's probably getting impatient," I said, remembering Jenn. "I'm gonna go check on her... I'll be right back." I hurried down the steps and saw the credits rolling on the TV. She never even paused it. "Way to pause the movie for me." I leaned over the couch and saw her sleeping. I moved my hand to wake her, then decided it'd be better if I didn't. Maybe I could get Nash to open up.

I threw a blanket over her before going back upstairs, shutting the door behind me. I saw Nash now laying on my bed, my white iPhone in his hand. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Looking through your messages," he said, like it was no big deal. "By the way, your parents won't be home tonight."

Oh how convenient. "Why not?" I asked, sitting cross-legged at the end of my bed. "And how'd you unlock my phone, anyway?"

"Something about drinking too much to drive home," he said. "And who makes their password 1234? I typed it in as a joke and- wah-lah! Unlocked."

"Because people don't normally go for something so obvious," I said, shrugging. "If it makes you uncomfortable, you can move but I'm laying down on my bed."

"I don't give a shit," he said, causing me to roll my eyes. I laid back and grabbed my phone from him, putting on the nightstand. I turned back around and suddenly realized he was shirtless still. "Can you put a shirt on?"

"Yeah, lemme pull one out of my ass," he said sarcastically. "Why? You nervous?"

"No, why would I be nervous?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe you're not used to shirtless guys in your bed while your wearing practically nothing," he said. I looked down at my outfit- I had on a big t-shirt and shorts.

"I'm wearing a shirt and shorts. That's not nothing," I said. "But fine, stay shirtless. I don't care."

"Good, 'cause I will."

"Good for you."

"No, good for you."

"Aren't you parents probably wondering where you are at this point?" I asked, ignoring his last statement.

He shrugged. "Nah, I'm fine," he said.

"Do you... do you live with your parents?" I asked.

"No, I live in a crack house," he answered.

"Hardy har har," I said, but Nash didn't say anything. "Wait.. are you serious?"

"No I'm not serious," he said.

"Oh," I said. It fell silent again. "You can, you know, stay here tonight. Like... sleep on the floor or something."

"I'm going to accept that offer," he said. "But I still don't like you."

I smiled. "I still don't like you," I said, drifting off into sleep.

* * * *


I was standing on the side of the road, facing an all too familiar intersection. This was the intersection I never went through. I'd avoided it at all costs ever since I was able to drive. I looked down the street and saw a blue station wagon driving down the road. It stopped at the red light, and the light turned green all too quickly. I tried to scream as I saw the huge truck coming from the left side, but nothing came out. Everything moved in slow motion, as well as going far too fast. The truck hit the left side of the station wagon and it slid a couple feet before turning over completely. It managed to run into the front of another car coming from the right.

"Ashlyn, I love you," is all that came from the station wagon before everything went blank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha ha, there were 69 comments. Hehe. Anyway.
Woooow! I got on this morning and saw 11 comments! Holyballz.
Thank you so much charlie smith, unkemptRose, Shadow14, amurph25, kierstlovesyou, Cerullis_Creatur, BurstYourBubble, PoetWithoutHerMuse, Arizona.Beauty., Through-the-Night, jessiekatherinee and IceDeath. for commenting! You guys are great :)
The next chapter miiiight be up tonight, I don't know though. Encourage me. :)