Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

We need to talk.

"Mom, Jeremy; you guys are back early," I said, chuckling nervously.

"Uh huh," Mom said. "So who'd you say this was, again?"

I turned to Nash, who was now sitting up and looking at me with an amused expression on his face. He actually found this situation funny. What an asshole. I glared at him quickly before turning back to my mom. "Oh, mom, this is my... friend, Nash," I introduced. "Nash, this is my beautiful mother, Jeanine and wonderful step-dad, Jeremy."

"Nice to meet you, Nash," Mom said, smiling politely.

Nash returned a fake smile. "Nice to meet you too," he said. I glared at him slightly; I don't know if he meant it or not but his voice came out in a teasing tone.

"Well, we're gonna go get cleaned up," Jeremy said, giving my mom a look that read 'let's get out of here'. I made a mental note to thank him later on.

"Right," she said. "But, Ashlyn, after your..." She paused, looking between Jenn and Nash. "friends leave, I need to speak with you, okay?"

"Of course, mommy," I said sweetly. "Good morning, by the way."

She gave me a look. "Behave," she said, before Jeremy pulled her out of the kitchen.

Nash immediately busted out laughing. "'Mommy'? What are you, four?" he asked.

I glared at him openly now that my mom was gone. "No, but I'm trying to get on her good side," I told him. "Speaking of which, you should probably get going."

"I want my waffles though," he frowned.

“They’re probably cold anyway. Here, I have Poptarts,” I said, going over to the pantry and pulling out a box of s’mores Poptarts, setting them on the counter. “Now leave. You can come back tonight or something via window, but not right now.”

“Did you just say via?”

“Yes, I did,” I said. “Now come on.” He shrugged, pulling out two packages from the box before standing up. “Are your shoes upstairs?”

“No, they’re on my feet...” he said like I was stupid.

“You slept in my bed with your shoes on?” I asked in disbelief.

“’Course not,” he said, winking before he walked passed me. “Gonna show me to the door?”

“Get it girl,” I heard Jenn mumble, causing me to jump. I’d completely forgotten she was there.

I rolled my eyes and then followed Nash to the door. "I expect you to give me my shirt back, too," I told him, opening the door.

He looked down at the shirt before looking back up at me, grinning. "I don't know about that... I like it," he said.

"Yeah, me too," I said. It was the only Of Mice & Men shirt I had, and while it was slightly bigger on me and looked amazing on Nash, I still wanted it.

"We'll see if you get it," he said, brushing passed me. He turned to face me and his eyes wandered passed me. He smirked, before grabbing my head and kissing me hard. Before I could respond, he had pulled away and was smirking even wider. "See ya." He gave me one last wink before sauntering off, ripping open a package of Pop Tarts and throwing the trash in the grass.

"Ashlyn, we need to talk." I turned and saw my mom standing there, arms crossed. I realized that Nash only kissed me because he saw my mother standing on the stairs, watching us. I turned back to the door, glaring at the street he was just walking down before slamming the door shut. Oh, this will be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is such a short, shitty chapter guys! I'll post another chapter tonight, I swear!
But thank you LoveYou2, charlie smith, BurstYourBubble, Cerullis_Creature, Through-the-Night, LoveisVintage, DandyLying., amyuhohs, Shadow14, ImJustLaya, TrustInFearx, toomuchmarry, Poolshark, skywalker_, IceDeath. and Little Liar x for commenting! <3
(Yeah, guys, I'm not even really expecting comments for this chapter. :P)