Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

Nash Carter.

“You’re joking, right?” I asked him in disbelief. Was this guy serious? “You aren’t a guest.”

“I don’t live here, yet I’m here at the moment. And you do live here, which pretty much means I’m your guest,” the guy explained.

“I don’t even know your name.”

“And you’re not going to.”

“Tell me your name and I’ll make you food.”

He barked out a laugh. “Listen, you are in no position to be telling me what you’re gonna do. But I will go make my own food if you don't. I'm just gonna warn you that I can leave quite a mess. So your choice, princess.”

I rolled my eyes, and then I saw the light hit the pocketknife in his hand. I froze; I’d completely forgotten about the weapon he had. “Okay,” I whispered.

He followed my gaze, before grinning. It was quite sickening. “Scared, princess?” he asked menacingly.

“Stop calling me princess,” I hissed at him through gritted teeth, before walking toward the door.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, not so fast,” he said, grabbing my wrist.

I turned to him. “Yes?” I asked, holding back as much attitude as I could.

He shrugged. “I can’t have you walking around your house free-handed; you might call the cops or try to run,” he said, before roughly pushing me forward- almost making me fall down the stairs- while still holding onto my wrist. Regardless of that fact, I feel like he still would’ve let me fall.

I bit down on my tongue so I wouldn’t say anything as I walked down the stairs, subtly trying to get my wrist out of his tight grip. “Is it necessary to hold onto me that tight?” I asked, turning on the light in the kitchen with my free hand.

“’Course it is,” was all he said. I rolled my eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Food?” he answered, like I was stupid for asking him such a question.

I rolled my eyes. “I meant what type of food.” Dumbass.

"Oh." He shrugged again. “Just a sandwich."

“And you’re too stupid to do that for yourself?” I asked, without thinking. Next thing I know I was shoved up against the fridge- I heard a few things fall inside the fridge but I could barely focus on that. All I could focus on was the look in this guys eyes; he looked like he wanted to kill me.

“You just don’t know when to shut your mouth, do you?” he asked in a scary low voice. “I’m giving you one more chance; shut the fuck up about things you don’t know about, okay? I swear the next time you make a smart ass comment, you’re fucking dead. Got it?”

I gulped but nodded my head anyway. “Got it.”

“Good.” He then let me go and leaned against the counter across from the fridge. He seemed amused at seeing me scared and shaking. What a sick bastard.

“Peanut butter and jelly?” I asked him quietly.

“Sure, princess.”

“My name isn’t princess,” I told him, hoping it didn’t sound bitchy. I got the contents to make the sandwich and started spreading the peanut butter on the bread.

I felt his eyes watching my every move. “Unlike you, I don’t care about names. If we’re both lucky, we won’t ever see each other again,” he said.

I don’t know why I told him my name, but I did. “My name’s Ashlyn.”

“Congratulations, I don’t care.”

I gritted my teeth together as I started putting jelly on the other slice of bread. Why the hell can he be an asshole but it’s awful when I am? Oh, right; because he’s willing to kill me. Once I finished the sandwich and dropped it on a plate before setting it in front of him. He wasted no time eating the sandwich like he hadn’t eaten in days. I leaned against the fridge, watching him.

“Stop staring at me, freak.” That caused me to glare at him.

“My parents should be home soon,” I informed him.

He shrugged. “I’m about to leave,” he said, taking the last bite of his sandwich. “Look, I really don’t think you will, but call the cops about this and you won’t see to the day after, ‘kay?”

“Do you get joy out of threatening girls? Does it make you feel powerful?” I asked him, crossing my arms.

“Not just girls. I only threaten people who continuously piss me off,” he said.

“It hasn’t even been an hour and you’ve already threatened me at least three times.”

“Take the hint then; you’re a fucking annoying person. Get a new personality, yeah?”

I rolled my eyes. “Shall I show you to the door?” I asked.

“Why of course, princess,” he said.

I glared, but walked toward the door and opened it. “As lovely as this visit was, don’t come around again. Thank you, and have a nice night,” I said in a sweet voice.

“That won’t be a problem, trust me,” he said. I almost snorted at the trust me part. I heard somebody’s voice in the distance and a confused look crossed the guys face. The voice became clearer.

“Nash! Nash! Where the hell are you?!”

I heard the guy curse under his breath before I heard my neighbor’s voice next. “Young man, people are trying to sleep. Lower your voice!”

“Yo, fuck you!” I giggled slightly as the guy hurriedly walked passed me and down the driveway. Another guy came into view. “Nash, where the hell’ve you been?” So Nash is his name? It looked like Nash said a couple of things. “My fault, Carter. I completely forgot.” Carter? Wait, is his name Carter or Nash? Maybe he’s one of those people who have two first names. Carter Nash. Or Nash Carter? Oh, I don’t know. May- My eyes widened realization as I quickly slammed the door shut.

Nash fucking Carter was just in my house.

Nash.

I heard my name being called in the distance. “Yo, fuck you!” I heard the reply to some old lady that yelled at the voice. I quickly realized it was Levi who was calling my name. I pretty much ran to the end of the driveway as Levi came into view. “Nash, where the hell’ve you been?” he asked once he reached.

“How many fucking times do I need to tell you to not to say my name around people? Especially screaming it down the road!” I told him as quietly as I could. I didn’t want… what was her name? Ashley? No… Ashlyn! That’s it. I didn’t want her to hear him and figure out my name.

“My fault, Carter. I completely forgot,” my best friend said.

I rolled my eyes and went to speak before I heard a door slam. I looked back and saw Ashlyn’s front door now closed. I turned back to Levi. “It’s whatever, just don’t do it again,” I grumbled, shoving my hands in my pocket as we continued down the street.

“’Course, man,” he said. “So who was she?” He nodded his head back to Ashlyn’s house.

I shrugged. “Some girl. I hid at her house after the fight,” I answered.

He nodded. “So what are you gonna do about them?” he asked. “I mean, you’re gonna have to face them sooner or later. They’ll find you.”

I groaned. “I know,” I said.

“Why’d you take the money, man?” he asked. “You lost; they should’ve gotten the money. Not you.”

“I’m not a fucking idiot, Levi,” I growled at him. He held his hands up in defense. “I had to pay rent and I was short a couple hundred.”

“Why are you still supporting that asshole?” he asked.

“I’m not, I’m supporting myself,” I defended. Even though I couldn't support myself without supporting him, so he was technically right, but I wasn't about to admit that.

“Dude, my mom said it was fine if you moved with us,” he said.

I rolled my eyes. “We’ve have this conversation before,” I said. “I’m not putting your mom or sister at risk. Plus, I can’t away from him. If he realizes I’m gone, he might…” I couldn’t finish my sentence, but Levi understood.

“I’m just sayin’, the offer’s always there, dude. You know my mom loves you,” he said, trying to lighten the mood. But it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLYMOTHERFUCKINGBENBRUCE.
This is the first story I've ever had, that only after one chapter, I've had 7 comments and 16 subscribers. Omg I love you guys. <3