Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

Awkward.

“Dinner’s ready, kids!” I heard my mom call from the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m not going down there,” I said, crossing my arms.

Nash laughed. “Come on,” he whined. “I’m hungry.”

“You can go,” I told him. “But I’m trying to avoid an awkward dinner.”

“An awkward dinner?” he repeated. “I’ve already eaten with you guys before. It wasn't awkward. Do you not remember how in love your mom is with me?”

“My mom already assumes we’re secretly together. She’s only going to be more suspicious now that I asked you to stay the night,” I explained.

He kneeled in front of the bed and rested his forearms on my thighs, staring up at me curiously. “Aren’t we together, though?” he asked. “What’s wrong with her knowing?”

Sensing the tone of his voice, I quickly explained myself. “No, no. Nothing’s wrong. It’s just that my mom will make it incredibly weird,” I said.

“Well,” he dragged out. “You’re going to have to deal with it. ‘Cause I’m hungry and you’re coming down there with me.”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please? For me?”

“Well if you put it that way…” I pretended to think it over. “No. Besides, Aurora and Alex are here this time. It’ll be weirder.”

“But Ashlyn…” he lowered his voice to a seductive whisper as he leaned near my ear. “I want dinner. And I’m pretty sure by now you know what happens after dinner…”

I blushed. “Shut up,” I said, laughing.

He pulled back a little, grinning at me before pressing his lips to mine. He held my head in place as he licked and nibbled on my bottom lip. Parting my lips, I pulled him up by his shirt and he climbed on top of me, not caring about keeping his weight off of me. I tangled my fingers in his hair as he deepened the kiss.

I gasped as his fingers ran along the bare skin just above my jeans. He made no attempt to go beneath my jeans, but as he started kissing down my neck I suddenly wanted him to as I completely forgot about my family downstairs. I moaned as his teeth scraped across my sweet spot, but just as quickly as he hit it, his face was away from me.

He grinned crookedly. “Time for dinner,” he said, before dragging me downstairs by my hand as I glared at his back and planned ways to kill him.

* * * *


“So when are you and Ashlyn getting married, Nash?” Mom asked, causing me to choke on the Pepsi I was drinking. But Nash only laughed.

“Honey, they aren’t even dating yet,” Jeremy told my mom.

“Actually, um, about that,” I started, feeling uncomfortable under my mom’s eager gaze. “We are.”

“Aw! That is so cute!” Mom gushed, causing me to roll my eyes.

I looked at Nash, mouthing ‘told you’. He just winked at me. “Okay, anyway,” I said. “Can we change the subject?”

“What happened to your face, Nash?” Aurora asked. I froze. Nash was wearing jeans and a hoodie to cover up the rest of his body, but his bruised face was still shown on full display.

“Aurora!” Mom scolded.

“No, it’s fine,” Nash said. “I was walking home from the store the other night and a couple guys jumped me.” I stared at him in amazement, wondering if he rehearsed that or was just that good at coming up with lies on the spot.

“Aw, poor baby,” Mom cooed.

“Did you go Superman on them and save yourself?!” Alex asked him excitedly.

He smiled at the seven year old. “Yeah, something like that,” he said.

“Okay,” I said, standing up. “Well, I’m finished. Are you finished, Nash? Of course you are; let’s go.” I walked over to the sink, setting my dishes in the sink.

“I was still hungry…” Nash mumbled, following me and putting his dishes in the sink as well.

“You can eat later,” I whispered. “But it was getting awkward, don’t you think?”

“Not entirely..." he answered, shrugging.

“We’ll be in the living room watching a movie,” I announced, dragging Nash with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalalalala. This story will be ending in the early 40s, I think. Ya know, like chapter 40s? Hahahahaha it sounds confusing to me. xD

Anyhow, thank you so much to MerciPorLeVenin, Meru21, Shadow14, Cerullis_Creature, StonerSilence, ImJustLaya, A Strange Thing, TrustInFearx, kelly09, MusicLover525, amyuhohs, yvonneb and MoMo_92 for commenting! You guys are lovely as fuck.