If I Was Your Boyfriend

eleven.

The next morning Justin and I were still in the same position. It was a pretty great way to wake up. 'Hey you.' he stretched.

'Good morning.' I smiled sitting up. 'How'd you sleep?'

'I slept fantastic, you?'

'Same here.'

'Let's get some food before we leave.' he rolled out of bed getting his duffle bag. We both got ready and left the hotel with Kenny. 'So I was thinking, before I go on tour, you and I should go somewhere together. Spend time with each other, just you and me.'

'I'd like that a lot.' I smiled as people took pictures of us going into a Waffle House. 

'Hawaii?' he raised an eyebrow when we sat down.

'I always wanted to go there!' I gasped. He opened his mouth to say something when our waitress came.

'What can I get for you?'

'I'll have the breakfast plate minus the eggs, how bout you Chris?'

'The same please.' I closed the menu and set on the table.

'And to drink?'

'Orange juice and apple juice.' Justin answered.

'Okay two breakfast plates, minus the eggs on both. An orange juice and an apple juice?' she repeated the order to us. 

'That's correct.' he flashed a smile.

'I'll be right out with your food.' she walked off snaking around all the tables and into the kitchen. About four minutes had passed and the waitress returned with our food. 

'So, how'd you like New York City?' Justin chewed on some bacon. 

'I love it. The traffic not so much.' I laughed.

'Yeah.' he chuckled out a laugh. 'Glad you came with me.'

'Me too.' I smiled. We finished eating our food and the waitress brought the bill. I placed my purse on the table and pulled out my wallet.

'It's on me.' he placed his hand on mine.

'Ya sure?'

'Yeah, absolutely. Don't worry about it.' he grinned. I put away my wallet as Justin slid some bills onto the table and placed them under his glass. 'So we have about an hour to kill. Is there anything you wanted to see?' 

'Madison Square Park sounds nice.' 

'Let's go see it.' he extended his arm with his hand tucked into his sweatshirt pocket. I linked my arm through his as we continued to walk. We arrived at the park that was full with tourist in I <3 NY t shirts.

'Wanna go somewhere else? It's a little crowded.'

'You wanted to see it so here we are.' I reassured me. He stopped at a tree and we sat down together. 'Hey, Chrissy?'

'What?' 

'I just wanted to let you know that I like you, a lot. And I want to see where this goes.'

'I like you too.' a few moments passed then we were bombarded with tourists and paparazzi. 

'We better get to the airport.' he stood up and I followed behind. 'Kenny has our stuff waiting for us there.' he flagged down a taxi. The driver got us there quickly where Kenny greeted us. We went through the terminal and found our seats. 'We were kind of interrupted back there.' he spoke up once the plane had taken off. I nodded my head looking at him. 'I was saying, would you like to move our relationship into the next level.'

'Date?'

'Yeah, I was thinking that you could be mine, and I could be yours.'

'You just broke up with her though.' I frowned. Not wanting to use the term Selena. 

'I guess.'

'You two were head over heels one day and the next you feel absolutely nothing?' he pursed his lips thinking.

'I feel something for you Chrissy. Nothing else matters. I want you. No one else. You're the total package. I don't use girls and toss em like Kleenexs. I'm not a player. Honestly, yeah theres still something there towards Selena. We spent over a year together. Its expected. But that's the past, I want you here and now. If you don't feel the same, okay. But I'm still going to wait Chris.' he looked deeply into my eyes.

'And I feel the same way about you. We have a great friendship, I don't want that to end.' 

'Chrissy...' was all he managed to get out. 

'I'm sure there's a part of you that's thinking the same exact thing.' I wiped a tear from my eye. 'I don't think I want to take a chance, its happened before.'

'You don't want to date?' I could tell his eyes started to get watery.

'I'm sorry Justin.' he nodded his head understandingly. The rest of the plane ride and car ride to my house were silent. 'Thank you for bringing me along with you.' 

'Don't mention it.' he looked down at his black Supras, 'I'll see you around.'

'See you around.' I replied going into my house. I felt like I had just ruined our friendship myself.