If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-twenty six.

‘Rise and shine Chris!’ Justin claps his hands over me the next morning, ‘come on. I want you to see this.’

‘What time is it?’ I cover my face with the nearest pillow in the bed.

‘6 A.M. – now come on.’

‘Why on Earth are you up at six in the morning?’ I wonder rolling out of the bed and stumbling down the stairs behind him.

‘Kids wake up early so it doesn’t give me much time.’ Justin explains as he opens the backdoor and steps out onto the patio. ‘Do you think Jax and Jaz will like it?’

Taking up nearly all of the room in the expansive backyard was the biggest bounce house I ever laid eyes on. There was a team of men in the process of setting everything up.

‘Wow.’ I gasp, ‘where did you find this?’

‘I know people.’ He shrugs with a small smile, ‘pretty big, huh?’

‘It’s definitely the biggest one I’ve seen.’ I agree with a nod, ‘what else do you have planned?’

‘Well the characters should get here in a few hours.’

‘Characters?’

‘Yeah Jazmyn’s into princesses and Jax’s all about superheroes so I have a few people coming by to say hello and spend the day with them.’

‘They’re going to love it.’

‘That is what I’m counting on.’ Justin says wrapping an arm around me, ‘now, I have a favor to ask of you.’

‘Whatever you need.’ I say with a smile looking up at him. ‘I’ll be happy to help.’



‘I’m dressed.’ I announce looking at the big, fluffy dress I was wearing.

‘Just a sec.’ Justin calls back from across the hall.

I look at the sparkly material in the mirror as I slid my feet into sandals. Jeremy agreed to get the kids out of the house for the morning while the workers set up the rest of the decorations. Friends of Jazmyn and Jaxon begin to show up with their parents.

‘Alright, I’m done.’ Justin says opening the bedroom door, ‘wow. You are definitely the most beautiful princess I’ve ever met.’

‘You don’t look bad yourself.’ I point at Justin’s red and black prince outfit.

‘Just call me Prince Charming.’

‘Well Prince Charming, I think this moment calls for a picture.’

‘I don’t see why not.’ Justin fishes through the pockets of his black pants for his phone.

He turns on his front camera and moves in closer to me.

‘You always look better than me.’ He complains with a laugh.

‘That is not true.’ I say once the picture is taken.

‘Posting this to Instagram.’

@JustinBieber: special day for jaz and jax (:

Ryan, Nichole, Garrett, and Danielle come over while we’re waiting for Jeremy to return with the kids and Erin.

‘So any plans for your birthday Chrissy?’ Ryan asks sitting down beside Justin on the sofa.

‘Not yet. We’ll probably just have dinner with my parents when we get back to LA.’ I shrug in response, ‘nothing too spectacular.’

‘Yeah.’ Justin adds in with a small laugh, ‘you guys should come with us back to LA for Chrissy’s birthday.’

‘We’re in.’ Nichole says squeezing into the small space by Ryan, ‘we wouldn’t miss it.’

‘You all are willing to fly out to LA just for my birthday when we can celebrate it here before we leave?’

‘Well, in LA we can be with your parents too.’ Justin replies, ‘dad just text me they’re right down the road.’

‘Let’s get this party started.’ Garrett chimes standing his feet.

‘Alright, come on in kids.’ Jeremy’s voice echoes from the living room.

‘Justy!’ Jazzy calls out as their tiny feet scurry against the wood flooring. ‘We’re home.’

‘I’m out back Jaz.’ Justin calls aloud before pulling me along with him out to the backyard.

Jazmyn and Jaxon’s faces lit up as they stepped onto the green grass. They look at each other with matching stunned faces before looking back at Justin. The backyard was filled with characters, balloons, friends, family, and that large bounce house.

‘Surprise!’

‘Best surprise ever!!’ Jazzy shrieks jumping into her older brother’s arms. ‘Thank you!’

‘Go upstairs and there’s some outfits waiting for you guys.’

‘Very impressive.’ Jeremy hugs his son giving him a pat on the back, ‘this means the world to them.’

‘Well I know I haven’t been spending as much time with them as I could be and they never see me as it is so I wanted to do something memorable.’

‘You’ve definitely out done yourself as if that was even possible.’

‘As long as they’re happy.’

‘I’m going to go help them get dressed be right back.’

‘My lady.’ Justin turns to me with a pathetic British accent, ‘this way.’

‘Only if you agree to never to talk like that again.’ I laugh slipping my arm through his.

‘Fine.’ He pulls me over to the table full of sweets and food. ‘Want a cupcake?’

‘Mmm, yes.’

‘Here you go.’ Justin presses the icing against my nose.

‘Justin!’

‘Sorry.’

‘So am I.’ I say smashing the cupcake against his forehead.

‘You have made a mistake my princess.’ He reaches for another before Ryan grabs it from him.

‘Please give them to me if you’re going to flirt with them.’

‘He started it.’ I use the napkin to clean his forehead.

‘She ended it though, I guess she’s proven that she can roll with the big kids.’

‘I thought I proved that months ago.’

‘Yeah but you keep surprising me.’

‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ Justin repeats with a kiss.

‘Enough already, it’s sickening.’

‘Where’s Nichole?’ Justin pushes Ryan out of the way taking my hand. ‘Shouldn’t you be keeping her company?’

‘She went inside to take a business call.’

‘Still can’t believe you landed a model.’

‘I can’t believe that you managed to keep Chrissy this long.’ Ryan teases back.

‘Trust me, I plan on keeping Chrissy for a long, long time.’

‘How long?’ I inquire chiming into the conversation.

‘Until my final breath to be quite truthful.’

‘Yeah this is really sickening, I need to find Danielle and Garrett.’

‘Leave us to be sickening together then.’ I laugh finding a seat outside with Justin.

‘So baby, I have something to tell you. I don’t want you to get mad.’

‘Tell me what?’ I move back to study his face.

‘Selena sent me a text.’

‘She did what? When? What did she say?’

‘Last night, here.’ Justin hands me his phone, ‘I didn’t reply. I was going to delete it but I wanted you to read it first so there were no secrets between us.’

I know I may be the last person you want to hear from but I’m worried about you. Just because we broke up it doesn’t mean I stopped caring about you. I hate to say it but I knew something like this would happen. It’s all because of her. I knew from the second I laid eyes on her she would be trouble. I just didn’t think it would go this far to where your life would actually be in danger. But am I surprised? No, I can’t say that I am. A girl like her doesn’t belong in our world. She brings drama. Sooner or later you will come to your senses and realize all she has brought you was stress. When we were together, there were no cops, man hunts, and you most certainly weren’t in the hospital. I am so disappointed in how you continue to let her bring you down. Can’t you see that Chrissy Thorton is nothing more than a leech? Sucking you dry of all of your money and frame. She doesn’t care about you. All she cares about is your brand. Snap out of it Justin. You can leave her and everything will go back to normal. – Selena.

I stare at Justin’s phone with narrowed eyes. I reread the message for a second time before looking up at Justin. He nervously watches me as I lean forward in the chair.

‘What are you thinking?’

‘That she’s not going to get away with saying these things about me without hearing what I have to say.’

‘So there’s not going to be this girl fight?’ Justin says with a stupid grin.

‘Are you disappointed?’

‘Just a little bit.’

I just read your message and don’t get excited because this isn’t Justin. I’m actually amused that you actually had the impression that you could send Justin anything and he wouldn’t show it to me. I actually feel sorry for you. I feel sorry that you can’t move on from someone who is actually happy. If you truly care about him the way that you say you do, let him go. Leave him alone. As for me only being with Justin for his name that is a bigger lie than you pretending to be concerned. I love Justin as Justin not Justin Bieber. Not for the albums, the movies, the money, the fame, but for him. Could you honestly say the same? The fact that you are using such a tragic experience as ammunition is even low for you. I know that I have zero respect for you but please have an ounce of respect for yourself. Be the girl you make your fans believe you are. I can only imagine how devastated they would be to find out that their idol is really a conniving, manipulating, insensitive, hurtful, heartless person. Lastly, as for Justin, don’t worry about him. I’ll always treat him better than you ever did. Do not text, call, email, Skype, tweet him ever again. I can’t promise that I’ll have kinder words the next time you and I have this conversation.

‘There you are.’ I hand Justin his phone after sending the message, ‘I hope she takes the hint.’

‘Badass.’ He laughs reading the message, ‘loved that last part.’

‘Maybe she’ll leave alone now.’

‘She’d be crazy not to with a text like that.’

‘They’re back and ready to party.’ Jeremy announces as Jazmyn and Jaxon sprint out to the yard to their friends.

‘We can’t keep them waiting.’ Justin pulls me to my feet and towards the large bounce house.



‘I am exhausted.’ Justin sighs after his shower.

‘Me too.’ I run the brush through my hair, ‘what a day.’

‘Justin.’ Jazzy’s small head pokes through the door of the room.

‘Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?’ Justin glances at the digital clock beside the bed. ‘It’s after midnight.’

‘I can’t sleep till I thank you.’ She crawls into the bed and snuggles next to Justin.

‘You don’t have to thank me Jaz. I actually wanted to say that I’m sorry for not spending enough time with you and Jax. I know I can’t see you guys much and I should really make the effort to be with you when I’m in town. I love you.’

‘I love you too.’

‘Am I forgiven?’

‘Yes.’

‘Alright, go back to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.’

‘Night Justy. Night Chrissy.’

‘Night Jazzy.’

‘That made today worth it.’

‘I’ll say.’

‘I better get to my bunk with Jaxon.’ Justin stands up from the bed; ‘I’ll text you when I get there.’

‘Okay. Goodnight.’

‘Sweet dreams Chrissy.’

I climb into the bed as Justin closes the door behind himself after turning the light off. The sheets were cold against my skin but inviting as always. Within seconds my phone was buzzing beside me. Instead of it being from Justin it was from Danielle.

Took these little candids from the party. You’re so cute together. – Danielle.

Attached below were several messages of Justin and I during the party today. His hands were around my waist while watching Jaxon talk with Spiderman. Our quick cupcake fight. The bounce house moment.

My phone buzzes in my palms signaling another message this time from Justin.

So I made it. Have I told you how much I love you today? If I haven’t – I love you so much more than I originally thought possible. Thank you for sticking around through all of what’s happened in the span of months. – Justin.

I smile at the set of words one the screen before replying then falling asleep.