If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-twenty eight.

It was nearly four in the morning when someone was knocking on the door to the hotel room. Nichole, Danielle, and I glanced at each other confused and tired.

‘I’ll get it.’ Danielle sighs seeing Nichole and I were not moving from our spots. ‘Special delivery.’ She calls as Justin walks in behind her.

‘What are you doing here? I thought you boys were in for the night.’ Nichole says settling in her bed beside me.

‘I was but I can’t sleep without Chrissy.’ Justin replies walking over to my bed and sitting down.

‘What about when you’re on tour?’ I tease looking up at him.

‘I can’t sleep without you if we’re in the same house or hotel.’ Justin rephrases extending his tattooed arm out to me. ‘So what do you say?’

‘I will be back in the morning.’ I look over to Danielle and Nichole, ‘think you guys can manage without me?’

‘If it’s only for the night.’ Danielle shrugs, ‘see you two in the morning.’

‘Goodnight ladies.’ Justin waves before pulling me out the door and down the hall.

The bright lights of the hotel’s hallway cause me to wince as we walk to Justin’s room.

‘Everything okay?’ Justin asks cautiously coming to a stop.

‘Yeah, I just have a really bad headache. Nothing to worry about.’

‘You sure?’

‘Yes, I’m fine. I just need to sleep it off.’

‘Here we are.’ He says pushing the room key through the tiny slit and pushing the door open.

Justin’s room was just as large as the one I shared with Danielle and Nichole but his had a single queen sized bed. A large circular bathtub rested not too far away. I thought it was weird how they decided to have a bathtub right here when there’s a massive shower in the bathroom. But then again, who am I to question the decision of such a beautiful hotel. His dark suitcases were piled one another in the corner of the large room.

‘You’re not sharing a room with Ryan and Garrett?’ I question flopping down onto the bed.

‘You saw how the room looked when Ryan stayed with me in LA. Now imagine that mess and add Garrett’s mess to that. Not a good picture.’ He laughs walking down the small hallway. ‘I’m exhausted.’ Justin calls from the hallway with a small yawn.

‘Same here. We got off a long flight and headed straight to Disneyland then rode rides for two hours.’

‘Now that part was pretty fun.’ He says, ‘it was cool of the park to let us hang out there in the middle of the night.’

‘How long did it take you to plan that whole thing?’ I wonder curiously.

‘Let’s just say I’ve been planning it off and on since my birthday party.’ Justin lies down beside me hooking my waist with his arm, ‘did you have fun?’

‘Yes. I loved every second of it.’

‘Good because I’ve rented Disneyland out for tomorrow too so we can enjoy it again.’

‘You’re the best.’ I use my finger to trace the arrangement of tattoos on his chest, ‘how did I get so lucky to have you?’

‘Still thinking the same about you.’

‘See you in the morning.’ I yawn closing my eyes. ‘I love you.’

‘I love you, see you when I finish dreaming about you.’ Justin stiffs out a laugh pulling the lamp beside him.

Justin’s Point of View

I wake up in what felt like a mere minutes later to hear Chrissy coughing up in the other room. I hesitantly roll out of the bed in the dark and go down the hall to find her on the floor in front of toilet.

‘No, Justin.’ She whines sadly, ‘this is disgusting.’

‘I’m just one guy. Try throwing up in front of thousands of teenage girls with iPhones and high quality cameras.’ I laugh attempting to make her feel better, ‘are you okay?’

‘No.’ she shakes her head reaching up to flush the toilet and closes the lid.

‘What’s the matter?’

‘I don’t know. I just felt really nauseous all of a sudden.’ I watch as she goes over to the sink and rinses her mouth out.

‘Is this one of your girl things?’ I question awkwardly leaning against the wall, ‘you know, that time of the month for you.’

‘No, that hasn’t came yet.’ She doesn’t look at me as she washes her hand with the tiny bottle of soap provided by the hotel. ‘I’m sorry I woke you up.’

‘No it’s fine.’ I reply taking her wet hand in mine and taking her back to the bed. ‘Do you need anything? Maybe I could go down to that small shop in the lobby.’

‘Could you see if they have some aspirin?’

‘Of course, I’ll be right back.’

‘I love you.’

‘I love you. Hang tight.’

I head down to the abandoned lobby and head to the twenty-four hour shop they had and go inside. A worker leaned tiredly against the counter giving me a slight nod when I walked in. I grab a bottle of Bayer and hurry walk over to the counter.

‘Just this and one of those 7 Ups please.’ I point to the bottles in the glass case behind him. ‘Thanks.’ I say grabbing the bag and heading back to the elevator. ‘Chrissy, I’m back. I brought you a 7 Up because I hear that helps when you’re stomach’s bother-…’ I stop midsentence as my eyes fall on a sleeping Chrissy. ‘Of course you fall asleep.’ I half smile bending over leaving a kiss on her damp forehead. ‘I’ll turn the air on so you can cool down a bit.’ I touch her wet back and pull the sheets from her body.

I hold Chrissy’s hands in mine then fall back into a deep slumber. When I wake back up Chrissy was in front of the toilet seat once again. I search for my phone to check the time. 9:56 A.M.

‘Are you sure that everything’s okay?’ I ask getting worried.

‘Yeah, I’m sure.’ She assures me, ‘I’m going to go to the room so I can get my toothbrush and wash this flight off of me.’

‘Okay, I’ll be in to check on you in a little bit.’ I tell her walking her to the door, ‘got you this.’ I hand her the 7 up and the bottle of aspirin

‘Thank you. See you later.’ She says with her throat full of sleep as she heads down the hall.

I close the door and climb back into the bed, falling asleep once again.

Chrissy’s Point of View

‘Hey there.’ Nichole smiles opening up the door for me. ‘You okay?’

‘No, it’s like I got sick over night.’

‘You’re not the only one.’ She points over to Danielle who sat on the bed quietly. ‘I bet there’s something going around.’

‘Yeah all of this flying can’t be good for anyone.’ I attempt to laugh as I walk over to the bed. ‘Are you leaving?’

‘Ryan’s taking me for breakfast.’ She replies grabbing her purse, ‘will you two be okay?’

‘We’ll be fine.’ I say while Danielle nods, ‘have fun.’

‘Thanks, bye guys.’

‘So Dani, I hear you have the bug too.’ I lay across her bed beside her.

‘Yeah…’ she sniffles quietly, ‘the bug.’

‘What’s the matter?’ I sit up in the bed to meet her eyes. ‘Did something happen with Garrett?’

‘In a way you could say.’ She wipes her eyes looking down at her knees.

‘What is it?’



I stare at the square tiled floor in front of me while Danielle sits on the edge of the tub. Her foot bounces impatiently while we waited. I take the rectangular box in my hands staring at the words.

‘How many minutes has it been?’ she asks blotting her red eyes.

‘Two.’ I reply, ‘just one more.’

My alarm on my phone goes off and we both hurry over to the counter to stare at the white stick. Slowly the sign appeared clear as day.

Justin’s Point of View

‘Good morning, sweetie. Did I wake you?’ my mom wonders as I let her into the room.

‘No, I was almost up.’ I laugh rubbing my eyes, ‘what’s up?’

‘I was just going to tell you that we were all going for breakfast so we would see you guys later.’

‘Who’s “we”?’

‘Me, Roman, Jeff, and Chrissy’s parents.’

‘Oh, alright. I’ll see you when you come back then.’

‘Call me if you need me.’

‘I will.’

‘Love you sweetheart.’

‘Love you mom.’ I kiss her cheek then watch as she walks out the door.

I hurry to get dressed so I can go check in on Chrissy as promised. Chrissy sat on the bed holding onto her stomach when I used the key to their room.

‘Hey baby.’ I say sitting down beside her, ‘are you feeling better?’

‘Sort of…’ she doesn’t take her eyes from the ceiling, ‘I’m just really tired.’

‘Where are Nichole and Danielle?’

‘They went downstairs to get some movies.’

‘Alright, I’ll just let you rest then, okay?’

‘Justin, could you get the Bayer from the bathroom counter, please?’

‘Okay.’ I stand from the bed and head to the large bathroom.

As I go to grab the white bottle when a purple and white box catches my eye. I use one of my shaking hands and bring the box to my eyes. Was this a pregnancy test? Could Chrissy actually be-… no, no, no. There’s no way. I was careful, I know I was.

‘Justin.’ Chrissy calls out causing me to drop both the box and bottle of aspirin, ‘did you find it?’

‘I’m coming.’ I call back dropping to my knees to recover the box and bottle.

The white stick fell out the box once I dropped it from my hands. I carefully stare at the sign and my heart as well as my stomach dropped to my feet.

‘I’m going to be right back.’ I say carefully handing the bottle to Chrissy and walking out of the room.

She’s throwing up through the night. She just told me that it hasn’t been her time of the month yet. She’s tired and has a headache. It’s all making sense now. I just can’t believe it. I impatiently knock on Garrett and Ryan’s door repeatedly.

‘Whoa, what’s your problem?’ Ryan questions opening the door to let me inside.

‘When could she have…’ I stop myself pacing back and forth by the door. ‘I mean, we haven’t… wait.’

‘What are you over there rambling about?’ Garrett and Ryan were staring at me from the other side of the room, ‘what’s going on with you? You look like you had a run-in with a ghost.’

‘Guys I think Chrissy’s pregnant.’ I blurt out before my mouth was even able to rethink the words.