If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-thirty five.

Justin’s Point of View

‘No, no, no. Do not tell me that. That is the last thing I want to be hearing from you right now.’ I pace back and forth through the bedroom, ‘how could you let this happen?! I thought there were people around the house waiting for him to try something like this.’

‘I went over there to arrest him when I found two of our men on the floor dead. He took their guns and the squad car.’ Holbrook no longer beats around the bush as he sighs into the phone.

‘He killed them?’ I immediately sit down on the edge of the bed and hold the bridge of my nose. ‘Wait can’t you track the location of the squad car?’

‘We did. It was found off some dirt road near the abandoned building he took Chrissy to.’

‘How is it that we can’t catch this stalker?’

‘No, he’s not stalker. Now we have a murderer on our hands.’

I couldn’t believe that all of this was going on right now. I thought all of this stuff with Carter was long behind us. We’ve been going on this rollercoaster that only keeps going down for months now. He’s gone so far to kill two officers – what’s next?

‘What am I supposed to do?’ I ask suddenly feeling helpless for Chrissy and myself.

‘You’re there and he’s somewhere around here. He’s not getting on a plane to France any time soon. All of the airports have been sent his picture and his passport is here so he’s not getting on a flight.’

‘What if he has his own plane or helicopter?’ I mean there was nothing that this guy couldn’t do.

‘I doubt it. I know Ca- well I thought I knew him for a while now. He’s running out of resources. He’s getting sloppy.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘He left his next destination on some papers in the glove department. We know exactly where he’s going. I got Phoenix police on their way there now.’

‘Wait, did you just say Phoenix? As in Arizona?’ All the blood drains from my body as I listen to Holbrook speak.

Chrissy’s Point of View

I sat on the floor in the hotel room waiting for Justin’s return. I push all of my luggage off to the side and pack my purse to head to the airport. We were all on our way back to LA except for Nichole and Ryan who were getting on a separate flight for Canada.

‘Did you have fun, kid?’ Danielle plops down on the floor beside me folding her legs over one another.

‘Did you?’ I ask back leaning my head against the foot of the bed. ‘This trip has been so exhausting.’

‘Okay how about we do the peak and the pit?’

‘You first.’

‘Okay the peak has to be a tie between that night at Disneyworld and Garrett getting all protective earlier It was actually refreshing to know that I don’t have to do this alone. The pit is fighting with Garrett.’ She nods reminiscing, ‘how about you?’

‘The pit was making that awful mistake of drinking and the peak was those few minutes where Justin and I were actually engaged.’

‘What did happen with that? Are you guys engaged or is that over?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Looks like you two have something to talk about on the plane.’

‘I can’t think about anything other than Carter right now.’

‘It is the perfect distraction. Wedding dresses, bridal showers, fancy cake, beautiful buildings.’

‘Will you be one of my bridesmaids?’

‘Only if the dress can hide my bump.’ She laughs looking down at her stomach with watery eyes.

‘I’ll wait until after the baby.’ I assure her with a laugh.

‘You got engaged in Paris and I found out I was pregnant.’

‘What a trip.’



‘Hey. Any word from the hotel’s management?’ I question once I finally meet up with Justin.

‘No one wants to take the blame. The police are down there now trying to get to the bottom of this.’ he replies running a hand across his chin, ‘are you all packed?’

‘Yeah, everything’s in the room ready to be put in the back of the van.’

‘Alright good. We still need to talk to everyone else and make sure they know that we’re leaving a little sooner than planned.’

‘Nichole just sent me a text. She’s waiting outside with Ryan for their cab to come back. She wanted to say goodbye in person before they went back to Canada.’ I say looking at my phone.

‘Tell her to meet us in the lobby for a second. I wouldn’t dare go out there in that madness right now.’

‘I thought the hotel’s security were supposed to be taking care of them.’

‘Yeah just another mistake by this hotel. I can’t stress to you enough how badly I want to get out of this place.’

‘Nichole’s coming back in with Ryan now.’

I go down to the lobby with Justin right beside me to meet Nichole and Ryan. Police officers were scattered around the room talking to all of the employees. The manager eyes Justin in a rude way as we make our way across the lobby.

‘I think you pissed off the manager by involving the police in this.’

‘I don’t really care,’ he stiffs out a short laugh, ‘they need to know that this isn’t acceptable and I’m not going to sit back and take it especially if your life is put on the line.’

‘Think of all the negative attention they’re going to get.’

‘One of their big mouth employees is to blame.’ Justin reciprocates grabbing a hold of my waist once he sees Nichole and Ryan, ‘they will never see us again after tonight.’

‘You finally made it! I thought you weren’t going to show.’ Ryan exclaims pulling Justin away from me. ‘You guys have to come to London next week.’

‘We wouldn’t miss it.’ I answer happily hugging Nichole, ‘you are going to own Fashion Week.’

‘I’ll have seats waiting for you guys so come!’ Nichole smiles in return, ‘be careful too.’

‘We will.’ Justin’s hand is placed on my back with protection, ‘you too and have a safe flight.’

We say goodbye to Nichole and Ryan then watch from the hotel’s window as they climb into the taxi. Justin and I watch on as the police chew out the hotel’s manager. He places to hands firmly on my waist walking back towards the elevator.

‘Alright time for our own flight. I’m not staying here another second than I need to.’ Justin pushes the elevator button and backs up as the doors slide closed.

‘Where are we going after this?’ I wonder looking at him. ‘I mean I really don’t want to go to LA with Carter being out on bail. I know the police are at his place but I can’t help but be afraid to be in the same city as him.’

‘About Carter…’ Justin’s voice trails off as he rubs the back of his neck, ‘I really need to tell you something.’

‘Tell me what?’

‘And I’m only telling you this because I promised that I would never keep anything from you again and I know how pissed you’ll be at me for keeping it to myself.’

‘Justin, what is it?’

‘I don’t want you to stress about this, okay?’

‘Justin,’ I repeat grabbing his arm, ‘tell me, now.’

‘Carter kind of escaped…’

‘WHAT?’

‘See, I don’t want you stressing out about this. It’s under control.’

‘How could he just escape?! What happened to the people outside of his house like Holbrook said? I thought that he was being watched under LAPD’s microscope.’

‘You’re going to get all worked up about this and then I’ll spend the entire flight trying to calm you dow-…’

‘Continue.’ I urge grabbing Justin’s skin and twisting it.

‘OW!’ he shouts as the doors open up causing people to look at the two of us, ‘did you just pinch me?’

‘I did and I’m going to do it again if you don’t tell me what in the world is going on with Carter.’

‘He killed two police officers Chrissy.’ Justin squeezes the tip of his nose as he walks down the empty hallway. ‘That’s how he got away. He killed them and stole a squad car but he ditched that later on.’

‘Which officers were they?’

‘I don’t know. Holbrook didn’t go into detail about them he just told me that Carter killed them.’

‘This is bad…’ I start to feel my heart pound so quickly that I was preparing myself to catch it once it leaped out of my chest.

‘But look on the bright side – they know where he’s going.’

‘Where?’

‘Arizona…’

‘Arizona?! Where my siblings are?! Where my dad’s children are?’

‘He left his plans in the glove department so that means where one step ahead of him. Holbrook was on the line with the police force there and they were sending someone to your dad’s house and contacting Isabelle.’

‘My dad. He needs to know this.’ I turn back hurrying towards the elevator. ‘We need to tell him now.’

‘He’s already gone with Danielle and Garrett!’ Justin informs me running down the hall, ‘everyone’s gone to the airstrip by now. They’re waiting for us.’

‘Justin, I need to tell him.’

‘You can – on the plane. Come on, we really need to get our bags. There’s a car waiting out back for us.’ Justin shoves the key card through the door’s slot. ‘Look, Chrissy. I know this is a lot to process right now but we really don’t have much time.’

‘Where’s Rocky? Justin, where’s Rocky?’

‘Jeff took him! He’s okay. Everyone’s okay.’

‘My mom?’

‘She’s there. She’s with my mom. They’re all getting on the plane right now waiting for us. Come on, get your things.’

I file into the hotel room with Justin and grab all of my bags. Justin rushes throughout the empty hotel room checking to make sure we got everything.

‘Do you have everything?’ he asks taking another glance around the room.

‘Yes.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘I have everything.’ I nod as Justin slams the room door.

‘Okay come on.’

Justin and I go down to the lobby and through the kitchen. There were several men dressed in black suits waiting behind the hotel for us. They quickly load the back of the van with our luggage and help me into the car. I look at my bare hand as I was fastening my seat belt.

‘Justin.’ I call out hesitantly of the door as he was talking to one of the men.

‘Yeah baby?’ he calls back sticking his head into the door, ‘what’s the matter?’

‘I don’t have my ring.’

‘Your promise ring?’

‘I must’ve left it in the room.’

‘I’ll go up and get it really fast.’

‘No, don’t.’ I say getting a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach, ‘please, don’t go.’

‘Don’t worry. I will be right back.’ Justin insists pressing his forehead to mine, ‘sit tight.’

I watch from my seat as Justin jogs off with one of the many men back into the hotel. I climb out of my seat ignoring the protests and walk towards the door. I wait for Justin to come back with the ring but minutes drag by slowly. A piece of paper was stuck to the door of the kitchen with words scribbled down onto it.

I was a kid who grew up without his father.

Now yours will be too.

- forever yours, Carter.

Just as my eyes look up at the large hotel the building sends out a loud explosion sending glass shattering everywhere.

‘Justin!’
♠ ♠ ♠
a new update! so sorry for the brief hiatus but im back now. i hope you enjoy the new chapter! if you did be sure to subscribe, comment, and a recommend it. be sure to follow my twitter if you have one (@punkheffroniall)

and be sure to read "Love Sick" a new story about Justin which is really amazing and it could be found here. http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/560404/Love-Sick/