If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred-forty.

Justin's Point of View

‘Hey Selena, can I have a second?’ I wonder rubbing the back of my neck anxiously.

‘Sure. What's up?’ Her eyes were bright with hope and curiosity.

‘I really think we should do this somewhere a little more private.’ I whisper looking over at the posse she brought with her.

‘Okay.’

I lead the way to the small but empty hallway that was closed off for the show tonight. Selena steps a few feet behind me, her incredibly long heels clicking as she walked. I open my mouth just to close it again wondering how to properly word this.

‘You couldn't wait, could you?’ She smirks moving closer to me. ‘Neither could I.’

She attempts to kiss me but I instantly take a huge step back against the wall.

‘That's not what I wanted to tell you.’ I sigh tiredly, ‘Look - for months you've been trying to sabotage my relationship with Chrissy. I should've stopped it long ago but I didn't-...’

‘I can't believe she stayed with you after we played her the recording.’ Selena cuts me off with an exasperated laugh, ‘most girls would've dropped you and never looked back. I know I would've.’

Part of me still couldn't believe that Chrissy took me back either. The other part of me was trying my hardest to make sure she never left me again. And all of me was still pissed that Selena had the audacity to corner Chrissy with Jess and Tracey. Yeah what I did months back was wrong but that wasn't the way to tell her. They weren't telling her to help her, they told her to break us up - which worked perfectly. It wasn't easy convincing her to take me back and I know in the back of her mind that she's still learning to trust me again. With everything's that happened lately my faults were on the back burner in my mind. I guess I had to thank Carter in a sick way he actually brought me closer to her than I ever imagined in these last few months.

‘I take full responsibility for my mistakes. Look the show's about to start and I don't want to miss Nichole's debut. I just came back here to tell you that there is no chance of us getting back together. I'm with her and I'm happy with her.’

‘You know, I never knew what made her so special. Here we were happy and in love, then she comes crashing in destroying everything like some atom bomb. It didn't take her long for her to steal you away from me. She ruined what we had, everyone knows it. They all say it when the three of us are brought into conversation. I'm broken hearted and betrayed, you're a cheater, and she plays the part of the home wrecker. I know that you're not a cheater, you were just mistaken. Chrissy however, she's definitely a home wrecker.’

If I could change anything it would be the way that people perceive Chrissy. They try to make her out to be the bad person constantly. Chrissy didn't make me break up with Selena, she didn't even want me to. I remember when I went to her house and she was wearing those old pajamas and long rainbow socks- I thought she was perfect. I told her about breaking up with Selena which I had did literally an hour before I went to her house. I probably should've waited it out but I couldn't. She stared at me with wide eyes and advised me to get back with Selena. I told her how I couldn't do that when she was all I thought about since I laid eyes on her. That wouldn't have been fair to me or Selena - to drag something out that I wasn't into anymore. I spent weeks at the beginning of it all trying to convince Chrissy that she didn't ruin anything and that she wasn't a home wrecker. Finally she came around and agreed to date me, the rest is all just history.

‘It's Chrissy. She doesn't need to try to be “special” - she just is. Chrissy and I have been through so much together so I wouldn't expect you to understand. That's fine by me - I just wish you'd back off, finally. If you care about me the way that you say you do. She's got enough going on right now.’

‘I resent her because you were there for her in a way you weren't for me.’

‘What are you talking about?’

Chrissy's Point of View

I finally spot Justin talking to Selena in a small sectioned off hallway. As I get closer to the two of them I could see that something wasn't right. Selena's mouth moves quickly and I couldn't decipher what she was saying. Justin places a shocked hand on his mouth as she continues talking. Before I could get to them the conversation appeared to be over. Selena's wet eyes glance at me with hatred and disgust before she walks off in a rush. Justin runs a hand through his hair messing it up in the process. His mouth was turned in a deep frown as he stared past me at the wall.

‘Justin...’ I speak hesitantly, ‘Is everything okay?’

He doesn't speak, he just slowly walks back out in front of all the cameras to take his seat. I stand there for a moment confused but follow anyway. I take a second to look at Justin searching for an answer that I couldn't find. Ryan looks from Justin to me just as confused as I was. The lights dim causing everyone to focus on the show. I look over to see that Selena and her guests were gone leaving four empty seats. What happened with the two of them back there? What did she say? Why wasn't he telling me? All of my questions are silenced when the models begin walking out. I hold my phone up to take pictures of Nichole when she comes out. Nichole has a serious-model-like expression as she struts down the impressively long runway. I give a small cheer along with Ryan who was proudly watching on. I get dozens of pictures as the models walk past our seats. Once they were all finished Justin abruptly stands from his seat.

‘Going to the hotel.’ His voice was shaky as he spoke before dismissing himself.

‘Where is he going?’ Ryan inquires looking at the shiny watch on his wrist.

‘He said he was going to the hotel. Something happened between him and Selena back there.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘I don't know. There was something about the way he reacted to whatever she was saying. His entire body language changed. It's like he shut down.’

‘Selena didn't end up staying so who knows what happened.’

‘I hope he's okay.’

‘So what did you guys think?’ Nichole was glowing with happiness when she hurried over to hug her boyfriend.

‘You were incredible. Best model by far.’

‘Oh you're my boyfriend. You're obligated to tell me nice things like that.’ She laughs as Ryan sneaks a swift kiss of her cheek. ‘I was trembling the entire time.’

‘Really, you couldn't tell.’ I inform her, ‘You looked like a natural - Danielle thinks so too. I sent her some pictures.’

‘Be sure to thank her for me.’ Nichole chimes, ‘Where's Justin?’

‘He just had something to take care of,’ Ryan speaks before I couldn't even process what to say, ‘how about the three of us go out and celebrate?’

‘Oh I really don't want to impose. I'm sure you had an amazing night planned for Nichole.’

‘We're not taking no for an answer.’ Nichole grabs a hold of my arm as Ryan takes her hand.

...

It was nearly midnight when the three of us make it back to the hotel. We ended up going to a nice hotel in the city then looking around London. I texted Justin several times asking him to come meet up with us but I never got a reply.

‘Thanks for tonight guys - maybe the four of us can all do something tomorrow.’ I say parting ways with Nichole and Ryan.

‘Of course.’

‘Justin better have a good reason for not answering my texts all night.’ Ryan laughs disappearing with Nichole.

‘You and me both.’ I mutter to myself pulling out the hotel room key.

Instead of seeing Justin, the hotel room was empty. I pull out my phone to call him again but he doesn't answer. I decide to wait up for him until he comes back. After my shower I change into one of Justin's shirts and boxers. Hours pass by and he still wasn't around. I ended up dozing off only to be awoken by the door slamming. 4:53 in the morning. Okay now that I know he's safe it's time to kill him.

‘Justin where on Earth have you been? Do you know what time it is?’

‘Okay mom I'm here now so - chill.’ He grumbles annoyed as he stumbles right over the suitcases and onto the floor.

‘You're drunk.’ I conclude standing up from the bed with my arms folded across my chest.

‘I am not!’ He defends, his words slurring over one another.

‘Is that where you've been for the last five hours? You said you were going back to the hotel when you left the show.’

‘I don't want to play your game of 21 questions.’

‘Since when is this sort of thing okay? Why are you drinking?’

‘Mind your own business.’

I just knew that Justin was going to regret all of this in the morning when he decided to sober up.

‘Is this about Selena? What happened earlier with the two of you?’

‘Just leave me alone Chrissy.’

‘I'm just trying to help you!’

‘You can't help! Unless you can go back into a little time machine.’

‘Why would you need a time machine?’

‘Selena had a miscarriage! There. Now you know. You've cracked the case. Happy now?’