If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred sixty-five.

‘I’m happy that you’re here.’ Justin breathes as he lies beside me in his bed. ‘I actually was pretty scared that you would’ve chose the other guy.’

‘Really?’ I turn on my side to look Justin in his eyes.

‘Yeah, have you seen the guy? He was like half a foot taller than me, the guy was a model. That was not good for my self-esteem.’ He stiffs out a laugh, using his arm to prop his head up.

‘You are everything that I want.’ I assure him, leaving a kiss on his soft, tattooed skin. ‘Do you think Rocky will be okay alone tonight? I haven’t left him by himself in a while.’

‘We could go get him and bring him back here if you want.’ Justin suggests, ‘It’s only a twenty-minute drive. A quick in and out.’

‘Okay.’ I smile sliding out of the bed along with Justin.

I follow him out to his driveway where he had all five of his cars lined up together. There was the classic Range Rover, the Audi, his Fisker Karma, the white Lamborghini, and the Batmobile. I run my hand across the matte material of the new Audi he just got.

‘You like it?’ he grins, pleased. ‘Let’s take that one. You haven’t been in it before.’

‘You have so many cars.’ I slide down into the dark car, pulling the seat belt across to buckle myself in. ‘What happened to your motorcycle?’

‘I still got it. I got two more a few months ago actually. They’re in the garage.’

The ride to my apartment was fairly quiet but it was a peaceful silence. Justin would ever so often reach over and pull my hand to his mouth, leaving kisses on my skin. He’d run his hand up and down my leg absentmindedly waiting for the light to change. It felt like we were starting to date all over again and I didn’t want to lose that feeling. He pulls his car right up to the front door of my apartment building. The night-doorman, Marv opens my door as Justin tells the valet that he’d be right back. In the elevator, I wrap my arms around his torso resting my head on him happily.

‘I love you.’ Justin murmurs into my hair as the doors glide open with ease.

‘I love you too.’

‘You know, I don’t think I’ve seen your room since you’ve been living here.’ Justin points out as I head down the narrow hallway to get Rocky and his things.

‘Come look.’ I call turning on the light, revealing my room.

Justin silently absorbs the room around him. He walks over to the dresser touching my trinkets as he passed them. He studies the photos on my wall of friends and family.

‘You have me here.’ He points out with a smile.

‘I really like that picture.’ I nod looking back at the day Justin and I first got Rocky. ‘I’m so glad that we decided to adopt him.’

‘Me too.’ Justin agrees bending over to lift Rocky into his arms. ‘He’s came along way.’

As we were leaving a handful of paparazzi waited out front. Justin grabs a hold of my hand while carefully holding Rocky in his arm. They shout questions about us being back together and flash their expensive cameras. Justin makes sure to put me and Rocky inside before rushing around to the other side.

‘How long until words out?’ he wonders shielding his eyes, driving past the aggressive paparazzi.

‘I give it an hour. It’ll be trending on Twitter in no time.’

‘After the last couple of months I’ve had I actually want to stand on the Hollywood bridge and shout “I’m dating Chrissy Thorton”. I want everyone to know.’

‘I love you.’ I smile grabbing a hold of Justin’s hand as he drives us back to his house.



The next morning, Justin sat on his laptop beside me in bed carefully examining the screen. As soon as he notices my company he closes his computer screen sliding the laptop to the nearby nightstand.

‘Good morning to you too.’ I tease, sitting up in bed beside him, ‘is everything okay?’

‘I was just making some plans.’ He speaks coyly, ‘are you doing anything for the next week?’

‘Not that I’m aware of. Why?’

‘Well, I’m going on tour in just a month and I want to spend time with you before I go.’

‘Where would we go?’

‘I can’t tell you that.’

‘So, let me get this straight – you want me to pack up and go with you for a week to an undisclosed location?’

‘Exactly.’

‘Alright, when do we leave.’ I smile with a quick nod.

‘Go home and pack, leave the rest for me. It’ll be in the 70’s all week where we’re going. Oh and you’ll need your swimsuit.’

I elatedly head back to my apartment where paparazzi waited, hoping for more pictures of Justin. With the help of Harmon, I get into the building with ease. Throwing my suitcase on the bed I start throwing light clothing into it. Halfway into packing I decide to check Twitter to see how everyone was taking the news. Some of the fans were happy, some weren’t of course. “Chrissy and Justin” was currently the number two trend in the world with over 100K tweets about it. The word was definitely out.

Dropping Rocky off with my mom and then I’ll be by to pick you up. – Justin.

A smile plays on my face as I go to finish packing before Justin shows up. From my window I could still see the group of invasive photographers waiting across the street. I make sure to turn off all of my things before heading downstairs to wait. It wasn’t long before a blacked out SUV pulls up to the door and Justin jumps out. Being the gentleman he is, he immediately grabs my luggage and loads it in the back of the SUV.

‘They’re seeing us leave with bags.’ I point out as he climbs in the car beside me.

‘Trust me, no one will find out where we’re going. I made sure of it.’

‘Will you tell me where we’re going?’

‘In all the years we’ve been together, it’s like you don’t know me at all.’ Justin shakes his head with an exasperated laugh. ‘Come on Chris – you know that I’m not giving any hints whatsoever.’

‘Fine.’ I sink back in my seat, eyeing him with a pretend pout.

‘That doesn’t work on me.’ He says, but still turns his back in his seat to stare out of the window.

We make it to the secluded airstrip where a private plane waited to take us to Justin’s secret destination. He insists that I wait in the car while he talks with the pilot and flight attendant, who comes over to get our luggage along with the driver. Once everything is ready, Justin extends his hand out to me guiding me to the plane. We were on the plane for a mere four hours before we were landing.

‘Here, let me put this on.’ Justin holds up a silky black blindfold with a sneaky grin, ‘you can’t see yet.’

‘You are terrible.’ I shake my head, turning around to be blinded with the cloth.

‘Alright, Chris – now we’re going to get on this helicopter. It’s small but don’t worry the guy promises that its less than ten minutes.’ Justin runs his hands up and down my arms comfortingly. ‘Okay?’

‘Okay.’ I agree, stumbling forward as Justin tries to guide me in the right direction.

A few short minutes later I could feel the helicopter coming to a low, short stop. I grab a hold of Justin’s arm anxiously as it makes it to the ground.

‘You’re good,’ he coos, ‘it’s over. Are you ready?’

‘I think. I’m actually scared to see where we are. You were so secretive about it.’

‘Trust me, you’re going to love it.’

Justin stands behind me and carefully removes the blindfold from my eyes. The first thing I saw were six workers dressed in bright blue polo’s and khaki shorts.

‘Welcome to Belize! Your private vacation awaits you!’ they cheer in unison, clapping and laughing at my surprise.

‘You didn’t.’ I gasp grabbing a hold of Justin’s arm, ‘are we actually here right now or am I dreaming?’

‘I promise that you aren’t dreaming. Come on, let’s look around.’ Justin wraps his arms around my waist following the staff to where we’d be staying.

‘You are staying in the Casa Manana Beach Villa. It’s very sought after among our guests.’

While we’re walking, I soak in all of my surroundings. There was water everywhere. The most gorgeous color of water I had ever seen actually. The sun was retiring for the night in less than an hour, if I had to guess. Tiny candles were lit along the wooden walkway leading up to the isolated villa.

‘Is it true that we’ll never run into the other people on the island?’ Justin asks, ‘we really want our privacy.’

‘Of course, sir. We take pride in our discretion here. I cannot promise that you’ll never see them but you most likely will not. There only one other couple staying here right now.’

Inside the villa, there was a enormous bed in the middle of the room along with a small wooden table accompanied by two wooden chairs. Bright blue doors surrounded every side of the room, which was exposed right now. Outside the villa there was a small pool that was right in front of the water near a dining table set for two.

‘This is beautiful.’ I gawk at the room, leaving Justin’s side to admire the water in front of us.

‘We hope that every thing meets your expectations and please feel free to let us know if there’s anything we could do to make your stay that much better. Right now, our award winning chef is preparing you a delicious meal so please relax and someone will inform you when it’s ready.’

‘Thank you.’ Justin and I speak at the same time as the workers file out of the room.

‘I cannot believe that we’re here right now. This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for bringing me here.’

‘Your reaction is all I wanted.’ He replies leaving a kiss on my forehead, ‘I can’t get over how good this place looks.’

‘It’s perfect.’