If I Was Your Boyfriend

eighteen.

I decided to surprise Justin at his long day at rehearsals, 'hey you.' I beamed sitting down on stage next to him.

'Hey beautiful. What are you doing here?' he kissed my cheek.

'I wanted to surprise you.'

'Well I'm glad you did. I had a good time last night.'

'Me too, you were great out there.'

'Thank you.' Justin pulled me onto his lap, 'I was happy to see you out there when I was on stage.'

'You put me into your thank you speech.' I smiled a little holding his hand.

'You're my girl. I want the world to know.'

'Your girl. I love when you say that.'

'I'll say it more often then.' he kissed my lips, 'my girl.'

'Justin let's get back up there.' a man called looking at a clipboard.

'Hang tight baby.' he slid from under me and got back onto the stage. I watched as he went through his setlist.

'Good job.'

'This is the last week of rehearsals, trying to get it to be perfect.' he wiped his face with a towel. I leaned on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 'Do you want to go get something to eat?'

'Uh huh.' I nodded.

'I'm going to change really fast and I'll be right back.' he grabbed a nearby blue duffle bag and disappeared in a narrow hallway. 'Let's go.' he extending his hand and we walked to his car. As he was driving our hands were intertwined, he would kiss my hand at every red light. 'Is burger king good?'

'Very.' I agreed as he pulled into the parking lot. We got out the car and went inside. After ordering our food we sat in a both and waited. 'When do you leave?'

'Sunday night.' he said giving me an apologetic smile, he left in six days.

'Okay.' I looked at the menu.

'I'm sorry.'

'Don't be, really.'

'I don't want you to be sad or anything like that.'

'I'll be alright.'

'I'm going to miss you.'

'I miss you already.' he opened his mouth to say something then the guy behind the counter called our number. Justin got up to retrive the food and I got the drinks then we went back to the car. He then drove to an empty field and pulled over where we ate our food.

'We can have Skype dates.' he said all of a sudden. I laughed a little, nodding.

'Yes we can, every Friday night or something.'

'We'll figure it out.' he looked over at me and crumpled the bag he had, 'one way or another.'

'Yes we will.' Justin drove back to the rehearsal building and pulled up next to my car.

'Let's go on a date tomorrow night, I'll get off around 7 tomorrow and I could pick you up at 8 or so.'

'I'd like that.' we hugged each other and drove our seperate ways. Once I got home I went upstairs to my room. The night passed quickly and it was already the next afternoon. 'What are you doing tonight?' I inquired sitting next to my mom.

'I have a date, actually.' she said flipping through the channels.

'Whoa! With who?! What are you wearing? Is he cute? Does he have all his hair?!'

'His name's Jeff. I don't know yet. I find him attractive and yes, a full head of hair. We met at the store the other day.'

'Let me help you find the perfect dress.' I pulled her up the stairs and into her bedroom. I searched through her closet and came to a stop, 'this blue one.' I handed it to her.

'You think so?'

'Yes. It's perfect. And wear you hair down.' she smiled a little and disappeared into the bathroom where the shower started run. I still needed to get ready for my own date. I grabbed a black skirt with a white lace top and got into the shower. I braided a French braid in my hair and let the rest stay straight. The door bell rang.

'Chris get that it may be Jeff.' my mom called from her room. I trotted down the stairs and answered the door. A tall man with dark hair stood in a button down shirt with a pair of slacks.

'Hello.' he nodded his head flashing a smile, 'I'm Jeff.'

'Hello.' I repeated, letting him inside. 'Chrissy.'

'Hello.' my mom said coming down the stairs, 'I see you two have met.' then there was another knock on the door. I opened the door letting Justin inside. 'That's Chrissy boyfriend, Justin.' my mom introduced them.

'Nice to meet you.' they shook hands, 'ready?' Justin turned looking at me.

'Yes. I'll see you later mom.' I held Justin's hand and we went out to his car.

'You look beautiful by the way.'

'Thank you.' I slid into his car. 'How were rehearsals?'

'They were good.' he responded keeping his eyes on the road, 'I got it down I'm pretty sure.'

'I'm sure you do too. You've really put on an amazing performance, they'll love it.' we came to a stop, 'where are we going?'

'To get that Thai food we never got to get.' he got out the car and walked around opening my door. I linked my arm through his as walked down the street. There were a flashes as we walked into the resturant. 'Smells really good.'

'I know. Know what you want?'

'Not yet.' he wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder. 'Hey babe.'

'Hm?'

'I'm happy you're mine.' he murmered into my ear. 'So happy.' I turned, still with his arms around me.

'I feel the same about you.' I rested my head on his chest holding his torso. He rubbed my back slowly. We ordered our food and sat down at the table, waiting for our food. The waitress brought the food out and we began eating, 'this is really good.'

'Mmmm I know.' he nodded in agreement eating. Once we finished eating, we left and got back into the car. 'Come back with me.' he looked at me as he started his car.

'Really?'

'If you want.'

'I do.' I replied.

'It's settled then.' he smiled getting onto the highway that leads to his house.

Justin's dropping me off at Danielle's. Hope you're enjoying your date - Chrissy.
We arrived at his house and I followed him inside, 'I was getting lonely.' he laughed a little. He gave me a shirt of his and a pair of his sweats then let me change in his room while he changed in the bathroom. I slid into the bed next him and snuggled close to him.

'Do you have rehearsals in the morning?'

'Yeah, not a long one though.' he pulled the sheets up to our waists and slid a pillow over to me. 'Goodnight.'

'Goodnight.' I repeated falling asleep quickly. The next morning we woke up a 9 or so, Justin gave me another shirt and I wore it with my skirt from last night.

'You make anything look good.' he twirled me around.

'Thanks.' I giggled. He drove to the rehearsal building and I watched as he practiced for a couple of hours.

'I better get you home.' he said. I agreed and he drove to my house.

'You're not getting your shirt back.'

'Maybe I don't want it back.' he pulled me in for a warm kiss. 'Call me tonight.'

'You got it. Bye Justin.'

'Bye Chrissy.' he smiled once more before driving away.