If I Was Your Boyfriend

twenty-one.

'The red and black outfit is my favorite.' I smiled as Justin walked out onto the stage in another tour outfit.

'Yeah, I like it the best too.' he did one of his dance moves, 'it's easy to move in.' I waited as he tried on one more outfit and finally returned.

'Guess what.' I said to Justin once he came from trying on his tour outfits.

'What?' he wondered sitting down next to me, then took a sip of water from his bottle.

'The director of Step Up called me. He wants me to audition for his new movie, in like three weeks.' I beamed excitedly. Justin smiled a little and took another sip of his water.

'That's cool babe.' he finally responded, 'that's really good.'

'What's wrong?' I inquired hiding my frown.

'Nothing's wrong. Really, I am happy for you.' he stood up and got his bag, 'ready to go?' I nodded silently and followed him out to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and closed it once I got in. The car ride to my house was quieter than usual. Justin kept his eyes on the road and kept changing the radio stations. I actually didn't realize he had a radio, because it was never on when I was in the car. It was always just us talking. 'Hungry?' he asked, after he had already passed every food chain along the road.

'Not really.' I shook my head. He turned onto my street and pulled into the driveway then cut the engine off. 'Can we talk?' I asked once Justin walked me to my door. 'Inside?'

'Sure.' he agreed and followed me into my bedroom. I sat on the bed while he sat on the chair, 'what's up?'

'What are you thinking? And I know you're thinking of something so what is it?' I came out and questioned. He moved his thumbs around and bounced his foot.

'I'm just thinking about myself. I'm thinking how you won't be able to see me if you're filming a movie and I'm on tour and I know how selfish that is. But I can't change it, I am happy for you Chrissy.' he blurted out. I turned off the TV that I left on since this morning. Justin started circling his thumbs around faster.

'Justin, I haven't even got it yet.' I laughed sitting on his lap, 'there is no guarantee that I will, nothing is set in stone.'

'Chris, you are an amazing dancer. I know you'll get it, no one dances like you.' he held my hand instead of playing with his thumbs.

'Who said I was even auditioning?'

'You have to! This is like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. You can't just pass that up. I want you to do it. I want you to audition. Go for it.'

'I'll have to think about it, I don't know if I'm up to pare'

'Baby.' Justin held my hand tighter and rubbed my back with the other, 'they wouldn't have called if you weren't.' We talked for awhile longer and Justin left.

'Mom, I got a call today from the director of Step Up. He actually wants me to audition for the movie.' I said once we sat down for dinner.

'Wow, congratulations sweetheart.' she smiled.

'Thank you.' I responded. After I finished eating I went up to my room where I got a call from Justin. We talked until the wee hours of the morning. Justin texted me asking me to come to his rehearsals today, so I did. Once I got there, I saw Selena and Justin sitting down on the stage. If I weren't me, I'd think they were back on. 'Hey.' I said walking up to him.

'Good morning babe.' Justin smiled. Selena glanced at me but continued talking to Justin.

'I'll see you later.' she said to him and walked right out the door, as if I wasn't standing there. It wasn't like I wanted hello from her but still.

'Shoot, I left my phone in the car. Be right back.' I walked out of the building and at the parking lot, where Selena was just making it to her car.

'Enjoying Justin?' she called over to me.

'Sure?' I opened my door and got my phone then locked it back.

'I wonder how long it'll last.' she laughed with a fake smile then got into her car driving away. I walked back into the building and joined Justin.

'Hey, Selena and I are sort of working on a friendship.' Justin informed me.

'Oh.' I cleared my throat playing with a strand of hair.

'That's not okay, is it?'

'She doesn't like me.' I sighed. Justin looked taken back for a moment.

'What gave you that impression?' he wondered.

'She doesn't acknowledge me, ever. And I see the way she doesn't look or sound pleased whenever she sees or hears me. I pick up on those things.'

'I'm sure she does.' Justin laughed a tiny bit, 'it's nothing to worry about.'

'I'm not "worried" Justin. If I were around someone and it made you uncomfortable or if you thought they didn't like you, I'd drop any contact with them within seconds. Because I'm with you. I wouldn't even hang out with an ex.'

'You were the one who suggested we start talking. Weren't you with that one guy the other day?' I stared at him in disbelief and he looked as if he just said all of the wrong things.

'Nathan? He stopped by for a little. We didn't date as long as you and her. You two were together for over a year and you just ended. We've been over for awhile. Plus, you ended it with her right when we meet, you seriously don't think there's some anger towards me? I said you should talk, as closure, not as friends.'

'Chrissy it is the same thing. Why are trying to act like it's not?'

'No it's not. I will stop talking to him right now. With no questions asked, just because it makes you uneasy.'

'That would be controlling you, wouldn't it?'

'Whatever.' I grabbed my bag and left. I heard Justin call my name but I needed to get away from him before someone said something they'd regret. Later that night I was in my room watching TV when Justin came into my room. He sat down on the edge and pulled my feet and legs across his lap moving himself closer to me.

'This isn't really how I wanted to spend our last few days together.' he said, 'and I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry too.' I apologized, 'maybe I overreacted.'

'No, you didn't. I wouldn't like it either so I cut off all contact with her. I don't want you to feel insecure or unsure about where you stand with me, ever.' I wrapped my arms around him hugging him. 'We good?'

'Yeah, we're good.' I smiled.

'We had our first argument and have passed it, we're officially a couple.' he laughed.

'We'll always be able to get past something.'

'Always.' he repeated kissing me.

Justin ended up joining me, my mom, and Jeff for dinner.

'Tomorrow is our day, we're going to do a ton.' I walked him to his car, 'so be up early, I'll come by like at seven, okay?'

'I'll be sure to be up and ready.'

'See you then babe.'

'See you in the morning.'