If I Was Your Boyfriend

twenty-two.

'Mom, I'm leaving!' I called going out the door with Justin. It was six in the morning and we were going to spend our whole day together before he went off on tour. 'Do you have the day planned?' I wondered gettng into the passenger seat of his car.

'Nope, winging it.' he laughed started the car. 'I don't have to be at the arena until five. So I'm yours until then.' I smiled holding his hand as he drove down the street. We went to a waffle house and found a table at the exit.

'Are you excited for tonight?'

'Yes. I cannot wait.' he nodded his head looking up from the menu. 'It is going to be awesome.'

'I know it is. I've been watching and your fans will be very pleased.'

'Well that means a lot coming from you. Believe it or not, your opinion matters a lot to me.' he set down the menu and twirled the salt shaker.

'Oh yeah? How come?' I inquired leaning across the table.

'I don't know. You're one of the people I do not want to let down the most.' he replied sweetly. The waitress set down our plates on the table and we began eating. Justin set some bills down on the table after we finished eating then we left. 'So have you decided if you're going to do that audition?'

'I decided that I'll call him back later on.'

'You gotta do it before I leave.'

'I'll call now.' I replied pulling out my phone and dialing the director. 'Hello this is Chrissy Thorton.'

'I was hoping you'd call. Tell me you have good news.' the director said.

'I've decided to audition.'

'That is so good to hear. I'm looking forward to meeting you!' he cheered. 'I will be sending the location and time your way within the next couple of days.'

'Thanks again.' I hung up the phone. Justin looked over at me briefly with a wide smile. We came to a stop at the park and started playing basketball one on one. I grabbed the ball and Justin placed a hand on my hip, 'hey you can't do that.' I giggled turned away from him. I threw the ball in the air and the ball sailed in. 'oh yeah!' I spun around doing a victory dance.

'Haha you're a dork.' he smiled dribbling the ball.

'A dork that's beating you.' I teased blocking him.

'I'm tired.' he gulped down his bottle of gatorade after we finished shooting more baskets. 'You're better than some guys I play. What can you not do?'

'I'm not the best cook.' i admitted laughing a bit.

'Oh c'mon.' he shook his head in disbelief, 'that has to be a lie.'

'No really, I can't.' I replied grabbing my water bottle. We went back to Justin's house for less than hour to freshen up, then we were out again. 'Ooh dog adoptions.' I pointed at Fuzzy Friends.

'Want to go over there?' he asked slowing down.

'Yes.' I nodded. Justin pulled over to the side of the road and cut the engine. He took my hand and opened the door to Fuzzy Friends.

'Hello, thank you for coming to our adoption day. We're trying to find good loving homes for these wonderful pets. So have a look, you may just find one you like.' a worker walked up to us.

'Thank you.' we responded in unison. We walked past different kennels with small dogs and large dogs. We came to a stop in front a kennel with a medium size dog curled up into the corner shaking. 'What's his story?' Justin looked over at the worker who greeted us.

'We found this one starved and dehydrated tied to a fence. The owner abused him, the neighbor finally called the humane society. He has trust issues but he'll come around.' she responded hunching over in front of the cage. She opened the cage and the dog nervously walked out. Justin reached his hand out and the dog backed up quickly.

'It's okay.' I cooed kneeling down on the floor, 'come here.' i slowly extended my hand. He walked into my hand and closed his eyes as I rubbed his head. Justin caressed the dogs back.

'He never comes to new people. It takes weeks. I think he may like you.' the worker smiled.

'Babe, you want to adopt him with me?' Justin continued stroking the dog's fur.

'Think we could?' I asked.

'One sec.' Justin pulled out his phone and pressed a few buttons, 'hey mom, it's okay if I get a dog, right?' he shifted to his other side listening, 'yeah, adopt it. Chrissy and I stopped by for a minute and we found this dog.' he started listening again, 'yeah I know. I'm willing to take care of him. He'll go on tour with me and he could stay with Chrissy other times.'

'We can. Either this or moving in together or getting married.' he laughed and straightned out.

'Let me call my mom first.' I dialed her number and put the phone up to my ear, 'hey mom Justin and I are at the pet adoption place. What do think about us getting a dog?'

'A dog? Who will take care of it.'

'Well he'll have him out on tour with him sometimes and he can be with me too, I'll take car of him.'

'Okay. You better Chrissy.' she agreed.

'She said yes!' I beamed hanging up the phone

'I can go get the papers if you guys want.'

'Yeah thank you.' Justin nodded his head. She returned and Justin filled out the forms, 'looks like we got a dog.'

'Thank you so much. Take care.' she waved. Justin lifted the dogs in his arms and carried him to the backseat of his car.

'Let's go to Petco.' he started driving once again. We dropped the dog off in the grooming station so he could get washed. We bought a blue collar and a black leash, 'got any name ideas?'

'What were you thinking?' I slipped my arm through his.

'Rocky.' he grinned a little.

'I think that fits him perfectly.' I agreed. Once Rocky was finished we all got back into the car. 'Look at him back there, he's making himself at home.' I commented looking at Rocky who was streched out in the backseat sound asleep. We went to the beach and let Rocky run around and chase the birds that would drop looking for food. 'It's already 3:30.'

'I know. But you've enjoyed today haven't you?'

'Yes I have. It's been perfect.'

'Good.' he kissed me quickly, 'c'mon Rocky!' he called. Rocky turned and quickly sprinted up to us wagging his tail. I put Rocky into the backseat and then we went to get food. Rocky even ended up getting a steak to chew on while we sat outside eating. By the time we were finished eating it was 4:45.

'Better get to the venue before you're late.' I laughed barely. He nodded in agreement and got onto the highway. There were already fans lined up outside waiting with posters and cameras in the air.

'Think they noticed me coming in?'

'I don't think so, they're looking the other way.' Rocky and I followed Justin into the arena in the back entrance.

'I have the soundcheck and the meet and greet so I'll see you two in bit?' I smiled watching him go out the door and getting 110% serious. While Justin was gone, I would toss Rocky's chew toy across the room and he'd run to retrieve it.

'Show time!' the producer called. We all stood in a circle and then Justin began the pre-show prayer. Justin and I watched from the side as Carly Rae Jespen performed.

'Good job out there.' Justin congratulated her.

'Thanks. Good luck.' she smiled going into the dressing room.

'I'm up.' he turned to me.

'You've been working so hard for this now kill it.' I hugged him tight. I stroked Rocky's fur while watching Justin perform. Suddenly Rocky ran out on to the stage and laid on his back waiting for Justin to rub his belly. The crowd screamed and cheered as Justin laughed for a minute.

'Guys this is my new dog, Rocky. Give it up for him.' I signaled for Rocky to come back to me. He happily trotted back over and sat by my feet, 'he wants to be a star.' Justin laughed once more and went back to singing. Too soon, the concert was over and we were on the tour bus where I was getting dropped off.

'I see why you like this so much. This bus is so cool.' I laid down on his bed.

'Now if you lay here you'll have to stay here.' he poked me laying down too.

'We're here.' the driver called through the intercom system.

'Oops.' I giggled getting up. Justin walked me and Rocky to the door of my house. 'Are you sure you don't want Rocky first?'

'You can bring him when you visit me in New York.' he shrugged, 'you two can have fun together.'

'I'm going to miss you.' I whispered trying to smile.

'I'm going to miss you.' he repeated as I wrapped my arms around him, 'but we'll talk, all the time. I promise.' I leaned forward kissing him, he kissed back quickly. Our lips moved in unison furthering the kiss.

'See you in three weeks.'

'See you in three weeks baby.' we kissed once more before he boarded onto his tour bus and it sailed down the street knocking leaves down as it brushed against the tall trees.