If I Was Your Boyfriend

twenty-four.

Three Weeks Later....

For the last 20 days I had been working hard and long for the audition which was this afternoon at 1:25. I felt as ready as I possibly could be. 'Come on Rocky.' I opened the back door and watch Rocky sprint out. I pulled my hood over my head and followed him out. The rain crashed down into puddles scattered across the yard and on the roof. Rocky shook his fur as he ran back through the kitchen making foot prints with every step he took. I laughed grabbing the mop cleaning up his trail. I checked the time on my phone when I saw a message from Justin.

GOOD LUCK TODAY BABE! - Justin.

I smiled and got my audition outfit out of the closet. I packed my overnight bag because Rocky and I were visiting Justin in New York. I showered and did my hair then make up, 'eat your food. See you when I get back.' I said to Rocky then went out the garage door. I drove to the audition building and went inside. There were two dozen dancers sitting on the floor. I gulped to myself and sat down. First the people in charge of the audition had us split up into groups and had us do a routine. Then the 36 of us turned into 15 of us. We did another group routine then 15 of us turned into only 6 of us. Then the 6 of us had to dance on our own.

'Thank you to everyone! If you are selected for a role we will be in contact with you sometime tomorrow so be by your phones.' we were free to go. I trudged outside and down the stairs. I sat in the seat and started my car. As I was driving I was getting a call from Justin so I pressed the button on my steering wheel answering it.

'Hello.' I answered.

'Hey, how'd it go?' he sounded excited. The fact that Justin was so supportive about my audition was amazing to me.

'I think I did pretty good but the other girls were so good, really, you should've seen them.'

'I don't care how good they were, you're great.'

'They're gonna call the chosen people tomorrow.' I informed him.

'That's exciting.' I could practically see the happy grin on his face, 'hey, when are you flying in?'

'I have to shower and then I'm going straight to the airport.'

'Okay, hurry.' he laughed slightly.

'I will. I will. Bye Justin.'

'Bye Chris.' he replied and then line went dead. I made it home and hurried up to my room.

'Hey Rock!' I beamed as he excitedly jumped up and down. After playing with him for a while I took a quick shower, 'mom, I need a ride to the airport.' I poked my head in her door. She paused the movie she was watching then grabbed her coat. 'Are you going to be completely lonely?'

'Jeff is coming over later.' she laughed.

'Well, have fun.' I responded. She glanced over to me continuing to laugh. I made it to LAX just in time then hurried inside, 'bye mom!'

'Bye Chrissy!' she hugged me. My bags went through security and I was departed from Rocky.

'See you in a few little guy.' I crouched down patting his head then going off to find my seat. During the flight I watched some episodes of Vampire Diaries on the TV in front of me. We landed in New York easily in what felt like a short time. I hooked Rocky onto a leash then grabbed the two bags I had with me in the airport's lobby. Paparrazzi swarmed around me like wolves for one steak. 'Excuse me.' I peeped, trying to get Rocky out as well as carry my bags. 'Excuse me.' I repeated.

'There you are.' Justin appeared grabbing my bags from my hands and handing them to Kenny then lifting Rocky into his arms. I held his free hand as we hurried to a car nearby. We sat in the back while Kenny started driving. We ended up going to the venue where tour bus was parked. Rocky was already running around soaking in his surroundings before Justin set the bags down onto the bed. 'Now for a proper hug.' he extended his arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist almost immediately.

'I missed you.'

'I missed you too.'

'What's your schedule like?' I inquired sitting on the edge of the bed.

'I'm off tonight. There's a show tomorrow night and Sunday night.' he kissed my cheek.

'That means I have you all to myself tonight.' I smiled. He nodded his head scooting closer over to me.

'Kenny's going to get P.F Chang's. What do you want?' he placed his phone into my hands. I scrolled through the menu.

'Chang's Spicy Chicken sounds good.' I handed him his phone. There were two knocks on the door and in walked Kenny.

'Two Chang's Spicy Chicken.' he slipped him some bills and opened his duffle bag. Kenny closed the door locking it behind him. I grabbed one of the bags and pulled out Rocky's bed and food and food bowls. 'You packed that in there? How?' he asked through a laugh.

'It wasn't easy but I did it.' we changed into our pajamas and climbed into bed. After we ate we watched some movies talking.

'Let's go to bed.' he turned the TV off at three in the morning.

'Goodnight.' I pecked his lips.

'Night baby.' The next morning I rolled out of Justin's bed where he was still sleep. I took dressed then pulled on my jacket.

'C'mon Rocky.' I whispered opening the door. He sleepily trotted out the door and into a grassy area nearby. I ducked from the fans who were camping out for the show then we stepped back onto the bus.

'Good morning.' Justin was just sitting up in the bed.

'Good morning.' I replied sitting down.

'I'm gonna change, then we can go get some breakfast really fast.'

'Okay.' he pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a snap back. As we were waiting for our food my phone started ringing. 'It's the director of Step Up.' my heart was racing. Justin held my hand and a supportive nod. 'Hello?' he mouthed for me to put it on speaker so I did.

'Chrissy Thorton? Congratulations! I am casting you to be the new Step Up film.

'Oh wow, thank you so much.' I squeezed Justin's hand.

'You will co-starring with Selena Gomez!' he cheered. My mouth fell to the ground.

'What?'