If I Was Your Boyfriend

twenty-eight.

'Justin!' I shouted running into the airport. I jumped up into his arms as he spun me around in the air. He set me down then greeted me with a thousand kisses.

'Baby.' he smiled hugging me once more. Rocky danced happily around my ankles jumping up to lick my finger tips.

'Hey boy.' I lifted him into my arms while Justin grabbed my bags. 'How long have you been here?' I wondered following him out to his car.

'I landed about two hours ago and we ran home then came back.' he answered opening the trunk and placing my bags inside then opened the back door for Rocky and the passenger door to me. 'So, tell me, how is filming?' he inquired turning on the car.

'Filming is great.' I answered.

'Oh, and you and Selena?' he raised an eyebrow curiously. Selena and I had been hanging out just long enough for the paparrazzi to take pictures and people to assume there was no fued.

'We're not, friends.' I retorted shaking my head. Justin barked out a loud long laugh.

'Good. You had me scared for awhile.' he said once he finished laugh. 'So there's no friendship there?'

'Nope. She still doesn't like me, she's just a good actress.' I shrugged.

'Enough about her.' he held my hand with his free one. 'Go up and shower really fast so we can get to my mom's?' he asked as we pulled into my drive way.

'Sure.' I grabbed my bags as Rocky and Justin followed me inside. My mom was gone so I just hurried up into my room then showered. I put on a red skirt with a white blouse and a pair of sandals slipping my hair into a pony tail. 'Ready!' I announced hitting the last step.

'Wow, you look amazing.' Justin stood from the sofa and pulled me to him. 'Very beautiful.'

'You look very handsome by the way.' I touched his white dressed shirt with black jeans with a dark jacket over it.

'Thanks.' he smiled. 'Let's go.'

'Should I get your gift now?' I stopped as we made it to the door way.

'No, we'll do gifts tonight. Just the two of us.'

'Kay.' I nodded and went out the door. We arrived to his mom's house and went inside.

'Mom?' he called out.

'Hey sweet heart!' she cheered hugging him. 'Chrissy!' she smiled hugging me as well.

'Merry Christmas!' I smiled as well. The three of us sat down for a Christmas breakfast that Pattie had prepared for us.

'Mom, all this is so great!' Justin complimented. We finished eating then sat in the living room to give Pattie her gifts. I handed her my gift first.

'Chrissy you didn't have to get me anything.' she took the bag from hands. She then pulled out the floral scarf I got for her. 'Wow.' she breathed.

'I saw it in New York and I thought of you.'

'It's gorgeous.' she smiled pleased. 'Here's yours.' she handed me a box. I took it and took off the lid. Inside there was a jewelery holder.

'This is perfect. I have this box I keep my things and my necklaces always get tangled. I love it Pattie.'

'You're welcome.' Justin went into the other room and came back with a small box.

'Merry Christmas mom.' he placed the box inside her hand. She flipped it open with her finger.

'Justin.' she smiled widely, 'it's because.' I peered over Justin's shoulder to see what she received. Inside there was a pearl necklace, 'how'd you know?'

'Grandma said you always wanted one.' he grinned. After we talk for a while longer we went to my mom's house to spend the afternoon with her and Jeff.

'Time for presents!' my mom set down her plate of apple pie. Justin shifted next to me setting down his plate as well. 'Now Justin, I didn't know what you'd like but Chrissy says you're always complaining about your neck hurting while touring so here.' she handed him a box wrapped in shiny blue paper. He smiled a little before tearing it open. Inside was a smooth black neck massaging pillow. 'It has six different speeds and it has some small beads inside that actually rotate around.'

'Oh wow, this is amazing. Thank you.' Justin placed the pillow on his neck.

'You're welcome. Chris, this is from me and Jeff.' my mom handed me a small box. Inside there was a single key. 'Go check the garage.'

'Aaaah!' I screamed looking at shiny new white Ford Escape parked next to my old car in the garage. 'It's perfect! Thank you!' I hugged both of them.

'That's nice.' Justin appeared behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, 'gonna let me drive it?'

'We'll see.' I laughed placing my hands around his. 'Here's yours.' I handed my mom an evelope. 'It's from Justin and me.' she pulled out two tickets and gasped.

'the Bahamas?' she inquired excitedly.

'Yep, for you two to go on a vocation for five days.' Justin answered. 'You're going to stay at the resort, I stayed at. You'll love it.'

'Thank you both!' she hugged us. Then I hugged Jeff while he patted Justin's back.

'Thanks guys.' he smiled. I pulled Justin outside by his car since he was about to leave.

'Okay, I'm going to go home and shower and change then I'll be back to pick you up in about two hours?'

'See you then.' I kissed his cheek then returned into the house. I showered and pulled on a new dress I got a couple of days ago then curled my hair. I heard Justin's voice downstairs talking to Jeff when my mom informed me Justin was here. I slipped on my heels and hurried down the steps.

'Whoa, you look gorgeous.' he exlaimed.

'Thank you, you look great yourself.' I complimented going out the front door. 'So, where are we headed?'

'Not too many places are open so I figured we'd just go to Taylor's Steakhouse.' Justin opened the door for me and then closed it. We arrived and went inside, surprisingly there weren't many people inside. We were seated and looked over the menu, 'I'll take the BBQ baby back ribs.'

'And I'll have the chicken fried steak.' soon enough the waiter brought back our food and we began eating. 'Here you go.' I handed him a black box.

'Babe.' he smiled, 'it's the watch I wanted.'

'I was hoping you wouldn't buy it for yourself.' I laughed.

'Thank you.' he put it on his wrist. As we were waiting for dessert Justin slid a blue box with a white bow on it to me. Tiffany & Co. 'Merry Christmas baby.' he smiled. My hand slowly picked up the box reading it. I opened it and inside there the Tiffany Sparklers lavender amethyst ring we saw back while I was in New York. I sent him a picture telling him how much I loved it but it was pretty expensive.

'Justin.' I breathed as the ring sparkled in the light. 'I can't take this.' His face turned into a small frown.

'What do you mean?' he asked.

'This wasn't cheap.' I closed the box.

'You're worth it and more.' he took the box into his hand and pulled the ring out, 'let me see your hand.' he took it before I could say anything then slid it onto my wedding ring finger, 'perfect fit.' I smiled and held my hand up, 'now that you have it, you can't take it off.' he pursed his lips for a moment appearing to be thinking about something, 'Chrissy, I care about you a lot. This ring symbolizes how I feel for you, I promise not to hurt you intentionally, I promise to be completely honest with you no matter how bad the truth may hurt, I promise to have eyes for you and you only, I promise that I will be the best boyfriend and friend to you that I could possibly be, I promise to respect you, your career, and your choices you may make in life. I promise all these things to you Chris, as long as you wear this ring and even when you don't my promises remain the same.'

'I'm keeping you to that, to all of it.' I smiled, 'thank you so much. I love it.'