If I Was Your Boyfriend

three.

Before I knew it, it was Friday. Audition day. I woke up and drove to building where auditions were being held. The line to get inside was insanely long. I went to the front desk and got my number placing it on the front of my shirt. Waiting patiently, my number was called and walked inside the room. There were three judges, two men and a woman sitting at the table with clipboards and profile pictures. 'you may start when you're ready.' the woman spoke up. The music started playing and I did what I do best, dance. I finished, thanked the judges and walked out the room. They should be calling at six if I make it. The few hours between now and six seemed to be the longest 1 hour and a half ever. Justin had texted me to see how the audition and suggested we go out to celebrate if I make it. Around 6:07 the phone buzzed on the table next to me, I hurried to answer it sounding calm once I did. The judges had agreed that I was the best performance of the day and informed me that I had got the part. I finished on the phone and called up Justin. 

'Hey, good news?' he answered.

'GREAT news! I got the part!' I beamed on the phone. 

'Congrats Chris!' he sounded just as happy as I was. 'Thank you.' I replied.

'Text me your address and I'll swing by around 8.' we said bye and I began getting ready. I wonder if he is bringing Selena along with him tonight. 8 o'clock came sooner than expected and Justin was at the door. We hugged quickly and I followed him to his car. No Selena. I rush of relief swept through me, I almost screamed yes. He closed the door behind me and began driving down the road. We arrived to our destination and went inside. Paparazzi were swarming around the entrance by the time we had finished eating. 'Someone must have tipped em off.' Justin sighed frustrated. We walked to his car through all the shouting and flashing. 'Can you guys back up?' he brushed passed getting into the car. I got in covering my eyes and Justin drove out of the parking lot. 'Tomorrow we'll be rehearsing for the video, noon. Same building.' he started conversation.

'Kay cool.' I nodded fastening my seatbelt. Justin dropped me off and I was in my bed. Tonight was amazing. Was it wrong to feel this way about him when he's with her? I got some sleep for the first day of rehearsal tomorrow. The next day I showered, got ready, and went down to the building from yesterday. Paparazzi snapped photos of me going inside, Justin must already be here. I waited with some other dancers then Justin emerged from the back room. 

'Hey everyone!' he went around shaking hands. 'We're gonna work hard and long on this. Reach a new level of swag.' we all laughed and got to know each other. For rehearsal today, everyone gave out ideas and suggestions on the dancing in the video. 'Alright! Great ideas today, see you guys tomorrow.' everyone retreated to the locker room to get their belongings. 'Hey Chrissy, stay back for a sec.' he called and I paused turning. 'Good job today, you were nervous for nothing.' he swayed his hand back and forth brushing up against mine. 

'Thanks.' I smiled, 'can't wait to see how it turns out.' just then Selena walked in and she didn't seem particularly happy. Especially not to seem standing there with Justin, alone. 'I'll leave you two alone.' I muttered walking away awkwardly. 

'You two had dinner together last night?' Selena's voice spoke up. 'it was on every magazine! I found out from a thousand other people before I did from you!' it raised louder.

'I was going to tell yo-...' Justin started but got cut off.

'But you didn't! You said you were staying in and you had dinner? Tell me now if there's something going on between you and her.' I was interested to hear what he would say back. 

'What?' he questioned back. 'Me and Chrissy?' maybe, he'll tell her somehow and someway he's fallen for me. 'Baby, listen to me. There is absolutely nothing between me and her. You're the one I want and need. She's just the love interest, just wanted to get to know her better before we start filming. The paps took it way out of context. I should've told you, I promise next time I will.' he pleaded with her. So my idea of what he would say was way off.