If I Was Your Boyfriend

forty-one.

if youre not out in ten im coming in to get you - Justin.

im trying - Chrissy.

I held back a smile It was just about midnight when my mom and Jeff finally went into her bedroom. I grabbed my duffle bag that I packed after dinner then slipped out my room. The stairs creaked as I walked down, I quietly went out the front door. I hurried around the corner where I spotted Justin's car and slipped inside. He smiled at me pulling me in for a kiss, 'I'm actually surprised you didn't chicken out.' he laughed as his car purred to life.

'Ha-ha. What are we doing tonight?' I asked.

'No questions.' He shook his index finger from his free hand. I didn't bother asking him to tell me because he always likes a good surprise. So instead, I slipped my fingers through his watching the stars as he drove. We arrived at Justin's apartment then went inside. Our still intertwined fingers walked up the metal staircase to Justin's bedroom where Rocky was sleeping in his bed. 'I wanna show you something.' He pulled me back through kitchen and to his garage. His flicked the light on revealing his pool table, air hockey table, and other items from his game room had been moved into the garage. There were different movie posters framed all around the wall along with the huge TV. Also in the garage as a sofa and two recliners. 'My man cave.' He laughed. 'Like it?'

'I love it.' I nodded, 'but why'd you move it all out here?'

'That is a good question. Come on.' We went back into the hallway after climbing the steps yet again and he stopped in front of the door with a small smile. 'Close your eyes.' Still confused, I closed my eyes and felt Justin's hands guide me by my waist. 'Open them.'

'Justin I-..' my voice broke off shocked. The previously cream walls were now a pastel purple, the games were exchanged with white wooden dressers, were the pool table rested was now a bed, the double door storage closet had mirrors placed on them, the pinball machine place was taken by a white wicker chair, and lastly the large TV was replaced with a wall decal that read "dancing is like dreaming with your feet" i looked around at the room which was now completely changed. I turned to him opening my mouth but no words managed to come out.

'You'll always be able to come here just to get away from things if you need to. Like a home away from home.' He looked down on me still wearing a smile. 'You're speechless right now.' He commented then i nodded my head in response. 'That's what I was going for.' I hugged him probably tighter than I ever have. 'Can I see your car key?' He inquired. I grabbed my purse out of his room and handed it to him. Justin slid a key onto it and handed it back to me, 'so you can come whenever.' I stood on my tip-toes kissing him then dropped back down to my feet.

'I love you.'

'I love you too.' He repeated. 'Wanna get changed so we can watch some movies and eat junk?' I laughed nodding my head then hunched over into my duffle bag. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tshirt then joined him in the living room. On the coffee table in front of us there were different kind of chips, candy, and drinks. The microwave dinged and Justin returned with popcorn. We turned out the light and settled onto the a bed we made on the floor.

'We'll be saying goodbye again tomorrow.' I spoke up halfway into the movie. Justin looked at me with a weak smile.

'Not for long.' He replied rubbing my back. 'As soon as things slow down for you, you can come back out for the tour.'

'Whenever things slow down isn't very much.'

'I hate saying goodbye to you. But at least we have tonight, right?'

'I guess so.'

'Come here.' He pulled me even closer to him, 'here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon, why am I holding on? We knew this day would come we knew it all along.

How did it come so fast?

This is our last night

But it's late and I'm trying not to sleep.

Cause, I know when I wake, I will have to slip away.

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go.

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close.

Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own.

But tonight I need to hold you so close.

Here I am, staring, at your perfection.

In my arms, so beautiful.

The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out.

Somebody slow it down.

This is way too hard, cause I know when the sun comes up I will leave.

This is my last glance that will soon be memory.

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go.

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close.

Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own.

But tonight i need to hold you so close.' He sang softly into my ear. It was a while before I noticed the tears trickling down my cheek. I buried my face into his bare chest with my hands on his back. 'Stop that.' He murmured gently, 'don't cry.'

'Such a good song.' I laughed slightly wiping my eyes. He stroked my cheek with his hand. Near the end of the third movie I fell asleep snuggled against Justin's chest. Just a few hours later Justin's alarm on his phone was going off. I sighed still close to his chest. He clumsily fumbled around for his phone to turn the alarm off. He lowered himself to eye level with me with a small smile. 'Good morning gorgeous.'

'Good morning.' I responded sitting up. 'My back hurts.' I laughed a little.

'Same here. That's what happens when you sleep on the floor.' He sat up as well blinking a couple of times. I looked at the high windows in front of us, it was still pretty dark out. I grabbed his phone and pressed the home button seeing the screen light up. 5:45.

'Why. So. Early?' I questioned covering my face tiredly.

'I want to get breakfast and you need to get back before your mom realizes your gone. So lets shower and go, okay?' He stood and pulled me up with him.

'Okay.' I went upstairs into his room and got a change of clothes then headed into the bathroom. I showered then did my hair and came out the bathroom.

'So beautiful.' Justin stared down at me before kissing my forehead, 'give me ten minutes.' I poured Rocky some fresh dog food and water for whenever he woke. He was still laying cozily in Justin's bed as I walked to the shower. Justin got ready then we walked out to the front of his house. I yawned slipping into his Fisker Karma. 'iHop?'

'Sounds good.' I nodded fastening my seat belt as the engine purred to life. He drove with one hand holding my with the other as he always did. 'Have you missed performing?' I wondered.

'Yeah actually I have. I love being up there and sharing that with the fans. I'm pretty excited to do it again.'

'I can't wait to see you perform again. It's been awhile.'

'Yeah I know.' He agreed, 'I love seeing you on the side of stage every night.' We got out the car and went into the ihop which was fairly empty then slid into a booth.

'Lets take a new picture.' I pulled my phone out turning on the front camera. He kissed my cheek looking at the camera as I smiled. 'I love it.'

'Send that one to me.' He pointed. It was nearly 7 in the morning when we were leaving ihop. Justin drove to my house and came to a slow stop. 'You think your mom is up?'

'I don't know. I hope not. If I get caught though I'm blaming you.'

'And I'm fine with that.' He pulled me in for a sweet kiss. I could taste a small amount of syrup still on his lips. 'I'll bring your bag and Rocky before I go.' I nodded in response, kissing him once more then hurrying into my house. I quietly went up to my room and closed the door climbing into bed. It wasn't long before my mom was waking me back up saying Justin was downstairs. I found Justin in the living room talking with Jeff and Rocky running around. My duffle bag was placed at the door near the mat. 'Hey there sleeping beauty.' He pulled me in for a tight hug, 'you're such a lightweight.' he whispered into my ear with a small laugh.

'Where are you going to now Justin?' My mom inquired from the table.

'Finland ma'am.' He responded looking into her direction. 'I just came to drop Rocky off and say bye.' He winked at me kissing my cheek. 'I'll call you as soon as I land, okay?'

'Okay.' I hugged him once more.

'I love you Chris.'

'I love you too.' I waved watching as he walked back to the awaiting car the drove away.