If I Was Your Boyfriend

sixty-two.

We were halfway into the show, so far so good I thought to myself. A producer came and got me since it was nearly time to introduce Male Artist of the Year. 'I'll see you in a bit.' Justin stood before me helping me up then kissing my cheek. I followed behind the producer and in front of Paul who insisted on going along. I waved to a couple of fans as I walked back stage. I took a picture of myself backstage and posted it to Twitter.

@ChrissyThorton: it's nearly time!

'Paul, I'm going to head to the ladies room really fast.' I informed him before disappearing down the narrow hall. I pushed the ladies room door opened and slipped into the stall. The door opened and heels clicked on the tile floor. Those were some shiny heels. The water ran for a bit before the heels clicked out the door. I finished up and pushed on the stall door, which didn't open. 'Aw, come on!' I said frustrated pushing the door harder. 'Open! You've gotta be kidding me!' I got down on my hands and knees then laid flat on my stomach sliding underneath the door. My dress was slightly stained from the dirty floor. I sighed beginning to stand and hurting my foot in the process. I squeezed my eyes tight hobbling over to the sink to wash my hands.

'WHERE IS CHRISSY THORTON?!' I overheard a producer call out.

'I'm here!' I called hopping to the Paul who supported me.

'There you are! Less than two minutes until the award you announcing.'

'I'll be there.'

'Alright, Miss. Thorton the teleprompter is ready to go so when you go out there just follow that and you'll be good to go.'

'Okay thank you.' I shook the nerves from my hands.

'Everything's going to be fine, it'll be over before you know it.' Paul assured. I nodded my head in response peeking through a curtain slit at all the people. And even more watching from home and in different countries.

'I don't think I can do this.' I turned and whispered to Paul.

'Of course you can. Like the producer just said, follow the teleprompter and it'll be over quick.'

'Yeah, follow the teleprompter.'

'From the summer's newest dance movie, Step Up: Chrissy Thorton.' an announcer read off. I was giving a small push then made my way out onto the stage. I stumbled over some random cord earning a snicker from Selena and her group of friends. I squinted my eyes at Selena's friends shoes, they were the same from underneath the stall in the bathroom. There was set of claps and cheers, even from Justin, Garrett, and Danielle who were watching from the front row. I went out and stood in front of the microphone just as the teleprompter began. Alright just read the prompter and everything will be great.

I went up to the microphone causing it to make a wince-worthy sound. 'Sorry.' I peeped out awkwardly. 'There's no denying all five of these artists have extreme tal-talent.' I read staring then back down at the microphone which going in and out. The prompter began passing all the words quickly to a point where I couldn't understand what it was saying. The screen then went off. I looked around to all the confused faces in the audience. Justin stood from his seat folding his arms across his chest. Garrett stood as well while Danielle hurried towards the backstage entrance. Justin nodded his head while he moved his arms. 'I-...' my voice trailed off as I looked backstage. They were running around in confusion but Danielle had made it back there next to Paul. 'Ummm...' then to make it all the better, Selena came out with a sparkly microphone in her palm.

'Looks like we're having some technical difficulties right now, there's no denying that all five of the artists nominated here tonight have talent, with the way they shine bright all year round from burning up the charts and smashing records but only one can take home tonight's award.' she read out smoothly, 'tonight's winner is Justin Bieber.' the audience cheered for Justin as he hurried onto the stage. Selena took the surfboard from the young teenage girl holding it and handed it to Justin but not before she wrapped her arms around him for a quick, friendly type hug. I moved back out of the way as Justin began his acceptance speech. He said something about his fans always having his back and their dedication. He called the award their award thanking everyone once more before placing a hand on me guiding me back stage. That was horrifying I thought to myself taking my phone back from Paul. Absolutely horrifying.

'Selena, quick thinking.' a producer said to her. My head snapped as my fists bawled up tight. Don't do anything you'll great. That annoying voice singsonged inside my head. I didn't bother listening as I stepped in front of her.

'What happened to keeping up appearances?!'

'I don't know what you're talking about?' Selena stared at me confused.

'You're such a-...' Paul's large frame yanked me away from the scene. Danielle eyed Selena's posse while Garrett pulled on her arm.

'Don't.' he warned.

'Can we go?' I inquired frustrated, 'I can't be here anymore.'

'Whatever you'd like.'

'Dani, are you gonna stay? I could arrange for someone to take you guys home?'

'My best friend was just screwed over, of course we're leaving.'

'Chrissy!' Justin called out finally breaking away from interviews. He wrapped his arms around me holding me tight, 'you're leaving?'

'Yeah, I just need to get out of here.'

'I love you.' he whispered into my ear, 'i love you so much.'

'I love you too.' he took his thumb and wiped my tears away.

'Let's just go.' we all huddled together and left from the side door not before having our picture taken a thousand times.

JUSTIN! CHRISSY! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING SO SOON?!

ARE YOU NOT STAYING TO WATCH SELENA TAKE THE STAGE?!

CHRISSY WHY'D YOU FREEZE UP LIKE THAT?!

DID YOU THANK SELENA?!

JUSTIN WHY ARE YOU ACTING OUT?!

I ignored all the outrageous questions being shot my way and followed Justin to the car. He sat down in the passenger seat and pulled me onto his lap. i rested my head on his chest turning my back to the window as Danielle and Garrett climbed into the back. Paps flocked the car taking pictures from all angles. Kenny and Paul pushed people then Kenny jogged away to the car he drove Justin here in. Paul got inside the car and peeled away from the corner quickly. 'Where's everyone going?' Paul inquired.

'We'll go to my place.' Justin answered before anyone else. My phone started to let out a loud chime. I dug in my clutch pulling it out.

'Hey mom. You saw huh?' I answered the phone holding back more tears.

'Yeah sweetheart I did, how are you?'

'I'm okay.' I shrugged. 'I'm going to go to Justin's for a bit before coming home, is that okay?'

'Yeah, just don't stay out too late.'

'I won't.'

'I love you Chrissy.'

'I love you mom.' Paul dropped us off at Justin's place where we all sat down on the sofa. I took my boot off resting my foot on Justin's lap while he rubbed my back.

'It would make me feel better if you said something.'

'I don't know what to say.' I peeped biting my lip hard.

'Baby....' Justin started repeatedly kissing my head. 'I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, sit tight.' I watched as he hurried up the stairs then closed the bathroom door. Danielle moved close to me.

'When are you guys going on that promo tour?' she wondered.

'In a week. Do you want to come with me?'

'How long will we be gone?'

'For like two weeks.'

'Well that's plenty of times to get the witch back.' she said with a smirk on her face.