If I Was Your Boyfriend

sixty-four.

‘Yeah, Justin Bieber right?’ the interviewer inquired, ‘how are things going with you two?’

‘Things are going great, thanks for asking.’ I smiled shifting in my seat. ‘I’m really happy.’

‘And Selena, you’re still single correct?’

‘That’s right.’ Selena answered.

‘Could you let us know what you’re looking for in a guy?’

‘Well, I’m looking for someone who’s mature, I mean I want a man not a boy. He should be great with my family and get on with my friends. And most importantly, have eyes for me and only me. I think that’s very important.’ Selena answered with a snarky undertone. ‘No girl wants some boy who doesn’t know what he wants.’

‘Those are some good qualities.’ The interviewer nodded, completely oblivious. ‘And you two actually both dated Justin Bieber, and now you’re working together. Is it awkward? Is it not as awkward as some people set out to make it seem? Give me the dirt.’

‘I mean, I’m young. Nothing was ever set in stone.’ Selena shrugged. ‘No girl wants some boy who doesn’t know what he wants.’ Selena went on to answer in a snarky tone.

‘Those are some good qualities.’ The interviewer nodded, completely oblivious. ‘And you two actually both dated Justin Bieber, and now you’re working together. Is it awkward? Is it not as awkward as some people set out to make it seem? Give me the dirt.’

‘I mean, I’m young. Nothing was ever set in stone.’ Selena shrugged.

‘Chrissy what do you have to say about it?’

‘There’s not really any “dirt” to give to be quite honest with you. My relationship has been in the media from day one before there was anything there. I had a job and that was it- things happened I guess you could say. I’m with the guy of my dreams now and Selena and I work together so that’s all we really worry about in the moment so I really think people make out it than more than it is.’

‘I appreciate you guys taking out the time to talk to me.’ She said before they cut the cameras and she left. As the next interviewer came in, Chloe, Nikki, and Selena’s team basically told them they were not to bring up Justin in any of the interviews to come up. By the sixth interview I was exhausted, practically falling over in my seat as they set the camera up for the next interview. We still had about five or six more interviews to go and it was already late into the night.

‘It’s time for a break.’ Chloe stepped in and said, ‘half an hour.’

‘Come on Chris. Danielle helped me out of my chair. The camera team came and stripped the wires from my clothes so I could move. ‘Are you hungry?’

‘Tired.’ I answered trudging behind Chloe and Nikki. Paul’s shadow covered mine as my head drooped.

‘You’re going to need to eat Chrissy. How about we go get something for you?’ Nikki chimed.

‘Sure.’ I shrugged as Danielle unlocked the door.

‘Alright we’ll be right back.’ Paul and Danielle sat down in the room as I climbed into the bed. I immediately closed my eyes trying to drift off.

‘Chrissy.’ Paul’s voice called.

‘Hm?’ I muttered not bothering to open my eyes.

‘You know you only have half an hour right?’

‘Yeah.’ Was the last thing I remembered before falling fast asleep. Chloe’s and Nikki’s voices bounced off the walls in the room with the smell of greasy food filled the air.

‘Come Chris, it’s time to get up.’ Danielle shook me. I turned my back gripping the sheets snuggling against my pillow. My phone was going off somewhere close. ‘Hey Justin.’ Danielle answered the phone, ‘she won’t get up and she has more interviews to knock out in five minutes.’ Was she actually telling on me? I managed to drift off shortly before she was shaking me again, ‘Justin wants to talk to you.’ I extended my hand getting the phone from her.

‘Hello?’ I asked tiredly.

‘Hey baby.’ Justin’s voice rung, ‘what’s up?’

‘Nothing.’ I answered.

‘Gotta do some more interviews?’

‘I’m exhausted.’

‘Yeah, I know the feeling. But you know, the quicker you go do it the quicker it’ll be over.’

‘I guess.’

‘You know. Just go get over it so you can get some rest, how about that?’

‘Okay.’

‘That a girl. I love you.’

‘I love you too.’ I said getting out of the bed. Chloe, Nikki, and Danielle all exchanged accomplished looks.

‘Thanks Justin!’ they all called out.

‘No problem.’ Justin laughed.

‘I’ll call you before I go to bed.’

‘Talk to you then.’ I hung up my phone grabbing the drink from the dresser. It was nice to have someone so experienced with all this as someone I could talk to whenever. ‘Let’s get it over with.’ As we got into the elevator Danielle and I ate what we could of the Burger King they brought back. I got some gum from Jackie as the team redid my makeup and touched up my hair.

‘Good job girly.’ I high-fived Nikki and Chloe as I walked out of the room. ‘You pulled through that like a true trooper!’

‘Thanks!’ I replied going into my hotel room.

‘Tomorrow we’re going to tape the David Letterman show then we’re heading to London.’ Chloe informed me. ‘So rest up and we’ll see you in the morning.’

‘Goodnight.’ I closed the door after they left. ‘I’m getting in the shower.’ I said to Danielle grabbing a pair of pajamas then went into the bathroom. I showered then called Justin up. There was a lot of music in the background. ‘What are you having a party?’ I laughed.

‘No I’m just at the studio. Hang on.’ He said before the background grew quiet, ‘there we go. So what’s up?’

‘I just took a shower now Danielle’s in there. Are you alone?’

‘Nah Za and Twist are here. Dan's here. Kenny's here. Scooter just left awhile ago.’

‘I wish I were there.’

‘If you were in LA I can guarantee I wouldn't be in a studio right now.’

‘What would we do?’

‘You know.’ Justin stiffed out a laugh.

‘I like when you say it though.’ I urged.

‘We'd cuddle.’ He coughed out causing an uproar of laughter in the background, ‘shut up.’

‘I love you.’ I giggled into the phone.

‘I love you.’ He repeated. I could see the smile on his face right now.

‘Babe?’

‘Yes?’

‘could you call me when you leave the studio.’

‘Yeah I could try to get out of here sooner.’

‘No, don't do that. Just text me whenever you wake up then.’

‘Alright. Will do.’ I watched as Danielle emerged from the bathroom. She plopped down on her bed putting her dirty clothes away.

‘Goodnight Jay.’ I whispered into the phone.

‘Ah.’ Justin groaned, ‘come home.’

‘I will as soon as I can.’

‘Goodnight Chrissy.’ I hung up my phone and plugged it in to charge.

‘Tonight we get her back.’ Danielle looked over at me with a smirk.