If I Was Your Boyfriend

sixty-five.

‘So what are we going to do?’ I inquire as Danielle and I lay on my bed.

‘First, do you have Fredo’s number?’ she wonders looking at me.

‘No, why?’ I ask confused. What does Fredo have to do with this?

‘Get his number from Justin.’ She instructs. I shrug in response and text Justin.

*hey babe could you send me fredo’s number?*

*yeah sure whats up?*

*nothing really. Danielle wants to talk to him*

The next message I get from Justin is an okay with Fredo’s contact information attached. I dial Alfredo on my phone then place it on speaker phone as it rings. ‘Hello?’

‘Hey Fredo!’ I chime happily.

‘Hey Chrissy, what’s up?’ he wonders.

‘Dani wants to ask you something.’ I slid the phone over to Danielle and listen as she begins talking. She starts asking Alfredo about the prank he and Justin pulled on us not too long ago. I still remember it to this day. Justin and Alfredo thought it would be hilarious to make banging sounds on the door and place a camera into the vent of the bathroom filming us. Then they put it on YouTube the next morning. I laugh to myself thinking of the well-thought out prank. Danielle finishes on the phone with Fredo then pulls out a camera from her suitcase. ‘Where’d that come from?’

‘It’s Garrett’s.’ she answers turning it on.

‘What are we going to do with it?’

‘You’ll see.’ She smirks wickedly as she starts messing with the settings on the camera.

~*~

Hours later it was past midnight and we were on the floor in Selena’s hotel room. After half an hour of begging a young male worker to slip us her room key for a little while. Danielle follows me up to Selena’s bed where she’s fast asleep. We plant spiders from a gag store here in NYC all over her bed. We toss a few rubber snakes into the bathroom and remove the light bulbs from the bathroom. We crawl out of the room and close the door behind us. After a game of knock and run we wait around the corner. Next thing we here is a loud shriek coming from Selena’s room. Then a few moments later another squeal. CHRISSY! Danielle and I go back into our room and collapse into the beds laughing. The next morning I was woken by Chloe and Nikki. From what it looked like they were completely oblivious.

‘It’s time for you to get ready.’

‘Okay.’ I nod as I get out of the warm sheets.

‘Selena’s manager wants to have a word. Get ready and we’ll be back.’ Nikki states following Chloe out the door. Danielle and I hurry out to the hallway to see Selena and her manager waiting by the elevators. Nikki and Chloe take off with them as we run into Selena’s room getting the camera we set up. We went back into the room then plug the camera into my laptop. The footage from last night appears on the screen. I watch closely once Danielle maximizes the screen. We transfer the footage onto a DVD disk then I get ready to tape David Letterman.

‘Why is the show early if it isn’t aired until night?’ Danielle whines as she starts to get ready.

‘I don’t know.’ I shrug laughing at her complaining.

‘Time to go.’ Paul states in the doorway. I nod and we go out to the car with Paul.

‘Where’s Nikki and Chloe?’ I inquiring pulling my phone out of my bag.

‘They already left for the studio to make sure everything’s in order before you get there.’ Paul explains.

‘Okay.’ I respond sending Justin a quick text.

*hey on my way to film for david letterman im so nervous hope you’re well*

A response comes in nearly instantly.

*don’t be dave’s a good friend of mine and extremely nice tell em I said hey*

*I will!*

*I can’t wait to see you on tonight*

*I miss you so much*

*I miss you too baby*

*I have to get going now. I love you*

*I love you Chrissy*

I half smile as I put my phone away. ‘We’re ready for you two.’ A producer says to Selena and I. As we walk onto the set the live audience claps and cheers. I wave as I walk to my seat. As expected Selena sits closer to Dave. She hasn’t looked my way this entire day. I’m guessing from the prank we pulled on her last night.

‘Selena, I believe you’re even more gorgeous since the last I saw you.’ Dave chuckles looking in her direction. ‘And Chrissy Thorton, it’s amazing to finally have you on the show.’

‘Thanks for having me.’ I smile in return.

‘How’s Justin Bieber, you guys still together, right?’

‘Yes, Justin’s really good. He says hey.’

‘Tell him I said what’s up.’ Dave jokes causing the audience to laugh.

‘Selena, describe the new movie for me.’

‘Well the movie is about two girls, my character and Chrissy’s character are best friends but later turn into rivals. There’s some romance, comedy, a lot of dancing.’ She sums up the movie.

‘Are you two anything like your characters?’

‘Well I play a character named Zoey Landon. She’s a sweet girl, with a passion for dancing and has a little secret sass about her. I’m a lot like Zoey I would say but then again, we’re different in many ways like the style for one. She has more sassiness than I do. We both love dancing more than anything else. So I would definitely I’m like my character.’ I answer briefly. ‘She’s cooler than me.’ I add in causing the audience to laugh.

‘I play a character name Roxie Martin. Roxie is independent, strong-willed, and has a flare about her. There are days I actually wish I had Roxie’s courage. She’s fearless and doesn’t take anything from anyone.’ I smirk to myself slightly. Selena is also like Roxie in the aspect of their rudeness. Roxie may not take much from anyone but she should be put in her place. Just like Selena. As we were in the green room waiting for the team to finish up I pull my laptop out of my bag. I go onto YouTube then click the video entitled Happy Halloween. Selena is sitting down in the corner of the room on her phone.

‘Is it recording?’ I ask to Danielle standing in the hotel bathroom. The camera moves as she nods in response. ‘So guys as you know the movie is now out and Halloween is right around the corner. Right next door to me is Selena. And we’re going to see if she’s in the scaring mood for this Halloween season. Stay tuned.’ I say. I could practically fill her eyes on my back as the video continues. The camera cuts briefly before focusing in on Selena coming back into the room. After the knock on the door Selena’s arms tap around in the bed most likely trying to pull the sheets off. She feels the fake yet realistic spiders then leaps out of the bed. She runs into the bathroom letting out another squeal. Finally the other scream is released when she yanks open the closet door dumping a bucket of tiny fake spiders on her. She runs around the room pulling at her clothes before finally slapping on the light switch. Realization sets in and her face is a bright red. CHRISSY! The video pans out again then I appear onto the screen. ‘So that was fun. Be sure to see the movie and Happy Halloween guys.’ I wave as the video ends. ‘Dani, it already has thousands of hits.’ I gasp.

‘Really?! I just posted it a few hours ago.’

‘WHAT?!’ Selena hisses towards us. She storms out of the nearly falling over in the process. About ten minutes later Selena storms in with her manager, Nikki, and Chloe. I sigh as they step before me. ‘I want it deleted it.’

‘Are you kidding me?’ I roll my eyes at her.

‘Now.’ She says through her teeth.

‘You’re full of it.’ Danielle pipes in.

‘Go ahead and take the video down.’ Chloe sits beside me, ‘don’t worry about it.’

‘Fine.’ I sign back into my account and delete the video. Selena has a pleased smirk on her face as she leaves the room. ‘It’s already been reposted by dozens of other people.’ I point out.

‘Well she can’t make them all delete it.’ Nikki laughs as well as Chloe. Chloe winks as they walk out of the room.

‘Pack.’ Chloe points as the door closes. Half an hour later Paul arrives to take us to the airport. Off to London.

Justin’s Point of View

I was in the studio with Scooter walking on these new singles for Music Mondays. My phone begins to go off in my pocket. Scooter stares at me as I step out of the booth. ‘What are you doing? We have a deadline.’ Scooter begins his nagging.

‘I know. I know.’ I dig into my jean pockets for my phone. ‘It may be Chris.’

‘Hurry up!’ he calls out as I finally feel my phone against my fingertips. I hurry out of the loud room and into the large hallway. I answer the phone without thinking or looking.

‘Hey.’

‘Justin.’ She states. It wasn’t my Chrissy’s voice chiming on the other end. It was however a voice I knew all too well. Selena.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for a new chapter