If I Was Your Boyfriend

eight.

It was after noon and I was scrolling through my favorite gossip website. There was an article that read: Love Triangle?! and sure enough at the bottom it was a picture of me and Justin and then Selena and Justin. I skipped the article and straight to the comments: 473 comments. Someone's comment stuck at to me, in big bold print - HOMEWRECKER. Almost everyone seemed to agree with that person. I was not a homewrecker. Could I help it that Justin liked me now? He makes his own decisions. Frustrated, I slammed my laptop closed. Just then someone knocked on the door. Justin. I let him inside and we sat on the sofa, 'hey did you ever ask your mom about the tour?' 

'I can't go.' I answered plainly.

'She say why?' he questioned.

'No, just can't go.' I shrugged turning on the TV. 

'What's up?' he took the remote and turned off the TV. 'you're acting weird.'

'Nothing.' I repositioned myself on the sofa. 

'Bull. What is it?'

'People are calling me a homewrecker.' I sighed, 'I'm the girl who ruined people's lives. They loved you and Selena together.'

'They'll get over it. Now, it's "Jelena" next week it'll be "Crustin or Jissy. I don't know.' he laughed while I sat there indifferent. 'Okay, seriously. Don't worry about the haters. They will honestly get over me and her not being together. Until then we cannot let them stop our happiness and hide how we feel for one another. I don't know how it happened either, but I liked you from the start. I tried to forget my feelings and convince myself that she was for me but it didn't work. Thats how it is. Now, please be happy, for me?' he held my hand stroking it with his thumb. I nodded smiling at him, 'good.' after we watched TV, Justin suggested we go to Baskin Robbins. Two girls walked up to him asking for a picture. I took it for them and handed the girl her camera back. Justin wrapped an arm around my waist. They eyed me annoyed and went back to their table whispering to one another. I awkwardly looked at the menu board wondering what to get. We got our ice cream and sat on the bench outside. 'Oops!' Justin flicked his ice cream on my forehead.

'You jerk!' I laughed gathering some on my spoon then tossing it right above his lips. 

'Ill kiss yours off if you kiss mine off.' he kissed my forehead and sat back down. 'Your turn.' i leaned in and kissed the ice cream off quickly. 'Theres some on my lips.' he winked. 

'You're such a dork.' I kissed him softly. 

'Mmm sweet.' we tossed the rest and walked to the car. 

'Can I drive?' I stopped at the drivers side door.

'Haha you want to?' 

'Yes.' I took his keys and got in. 

'Don't kill me.' he chuckled closing the door.

'Ha-ha.' I rolled my eyes playfully starting the car. 

'Ah!' Justin shouted randomly.

'What?!'

'Just kidding.' he bursted into more laughter.

'I hate you!' I laughed pulling out the parking lot. I stopped in front of my house then we got out.

'I have to get to rehearsals but I'll call when I get a break, okay?' 

'Yes sir.' I opened my front door. 

'Bye Chris.'

'Bye J.' I laughed hugging him. I closed the door behind me and went upstairs to my room. 

'Hello?' 

'You need to check your Facebook!' my best friend Danielle said into the other line.

'Why?' I asked confused.

'Just check it! Now.' she said loudly. 

'Hold on.' I said putting my phone on speaker and went onto my Facebook app. 129 friend requests. 371 messages. Over 500 notifications. 'whoa.' 

'I saw all of the stuff on your profile.' I went to the notifications and a lot of people had written on my wall: homewreck, life ruiner, slut, whore, and a bunch of death threats. Ouch. 

'Hey, I'll call you later.' I hung up the phone before she could say anything else. I am not a homewrecker. I know I'm not.