If I Was Your Boyfriend

eighty-six.

As soon as I get to the hotel I decide to take a long hot shower. Isabelle doesn’t want me around. She strongly, strongly dislikes me. She made that very clear tonight in the kitchen.

I will not have you come in and ruin everything we worked so hard for.

The words stuck in my head the entire ride to the hotel. I couldn’t even focus on what Justin was saying in the car. He was saying something about taking the kids to out around the city. Isabelle might not go along with that. I knew better than to think everything would perfectly fall into place coming here. That’s not the way life goes.

With a thrust of the handle, I turn the water off and step out of the shower. After changing into my pajamas I rejoin Justin who was sitting on the bed. He flips through the channels of the TV looking for something to catch his eye.

‘There’s my girl.’ He smiles patting the empty space in the bed beside him. ‘Hey, is everything okay?’

‘I’m just a little tense I guess.’ I shrug staring at the TV.

‘Well maybe I could offer some assistance with that.’ He places his hands on my waist pulling me over to him.

Justin quietly laces my neck with his feathery kisses. With each kisses electric butterflies flutter throughout my stomach. His lips press against the skin of neck with the slightest pressure. He moves his fingers to the hem of my shirt giving it a small tug.

‘Oh?’ I smile keeping my eyes forward.

Justin lets out a raspy laugh against my neck before repeating his actions.

‘It has been a while.’ He breathes out.

‘A few days you mean?’ I correct him laughing myself.

‘But it feels like an eternity. I love being so close to you in a way no one else will ever be. No one else could ever understand. No other guy in the world could ever be with you in such a way. Right baby?’

‘That’s right babe. Only you.’

‘Always?’

‘Always.’ I confirm slipping my fingers through his hand.

‘And the same for me.’

I turn in his arms to kiss his soft lips.

‘I love you Chris.’ Justin whispers, his voice barely audible. ‘So much.’

‘I love you Jay.’

Justin briefly leaves my side to turn of the bedroom light, leaving on the lamp. He makes sure the door is locked before attacking me with his addictive kisses once more.



Justin’s Point of View

I woke up this morning feeling absolutely incredible. Especially after the night I had last night. Chrissy’s body is curled up against mine, using me as her own personal pillow. So there was Hawaii, Paris, Los Angeles, and now Arizona. If Chrissy could see the smirk on my face right now she’d probably swat my arm all embarrassed or tell me how weird I am. I love how she hides her face, knowing she thinks the same exact thing. I just take a more open approach about it.

‘Good morning.’ She yawns looking at me.

Just like magic, I swear.

‘Good morning, baby.’ I kiss her temple as she lays on me.

Her eyes flutter through another yawn. Her hair was sprawled all over her hair in the cutest way. She rubs her eyes before looking up at me with a smile.

‘You have that I’m thinking face. What are you thinking?’ she wonders.

‘Hawaii. Paris. Los Angeles. Arizona.’ I plainly mention.

‘We’ve been to more places than that. There’s Tokyo, Africa, New York, the Bahamas.’ She states, clearly confused.

She’ll get it. I give her a few seconds, tops.

‘Wait- is that all the places we’ve…?’

And she gets it.

‘Justin!’ Chrissy sits up briefly to swat at my arm, ‘why are you so weird?’

Knew it.

‘I just thought it was interesting!’ I hold back my laughter as I hold my assaulted arm. ‘You’ve thought about it before too. Fess up.’

‘Have not.’ She shakes her head defensively.

There are her hands shielding her face.

‘Shut up.’ She says after awhile.

‘I love you.’ I move her hands to look at her face.

‘I love you.’ She repeats swiftly kissing my lips.

‘Do you want to get dressed and head over to your dad’s?’

She purses her lips just as she sighs. For some reason I don’t know why. I guess I was just thinking she’d be more excited to spend the weekend with her new found family. I mean she was so infatuated with her sisters and brother. She even talked and talked and talked with her dad last night. Her step-mom was pretty cool too and don’t get me started on the cooking so I don’t know what her deal is.

‘Sure.’ She finally agrees.

Sure? That was not the reaction I was expecting. Chrissy is on the other hand complex. Chrissy rolls out of the bed and digs through her bag for something to wear today. As she’s hunched over in her bag I take the opportunity to pull on a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt. I pull the black beanie over my head and stuff my feet into my shoes.

‘Ready?’ Chrissy wonders as I step into the room.

‘If you are.’ I reply grabbing the rental car keys from the nightstand.

‘I’m ready.’ She replies

I lock the room door behind me as we step into the hallway. Our hotel floor was fairly quiet, well the entire hotel was really. Probably because the word hasn’t got out good enough about us being here. I’m actually surprised any other time the hotel would be filled with fans waiting by the lobby. We step off the elevator and walk through the large lobby. Dozens of teenage girls waited outside the doors. Spoke too soon. Chrissy reaches for my hand like she always does when she gets anxious. Hotel security helps us out to the car keeping the fans back long enough so I could start the car up and drive. For the entire ride to her dad’s place Chrissy sat there and stared blankly out the tinted window.

Chrissy’s Point of View

Justin cut the engine in the driveway once we made it to my dad’s house. I start to unbuckle my seat belt when Justin reaches for my hand.

‘Wait,’ he clears his throat staring at me, ‘everything’s okay, right?’

‘Of course. Why wouldn’t it be?’

Well maybe because your step-mom despises you and wants you to steer clear of her family. That could be a problem.

‘I don’t know. You just seem a little, distant this morning.’ Justin says. The worry was easy to read across his face.

‘I assure you everything is fine. I promise.’

‘Okay.’ Justin replies but I know he isn’t full convinced.

Once he releases my hand I slid out of the car. We walk up the driveway and Justin rings the doorbell. Dustin was the one to open this morning he immediately pulls us into the house.

‘Mom’s making pancakes!’ he announces happily closing the door. ‘Dad’s upstairs with Audrey and Alyssa.’

‘Hey Dustin, who was at the door?’ Isabelle’s voice bounces off the wall.

‘It was Chrissy and Justin.’ He shouts back right before we step into the large kitchen.

‘Good morning.’ Isabelle’s smile is warm and inviting as it was yesterday but I know the serpent hiding behind the flower. ‘Are you two hungry? We’re just about to eat breakfast.’

‘Definitely.’ Justin answers for us before I could open my mouth.

‘Great. Go sit at the table and we’ll eat as soon as the others come down.’

Justin and I sit side-by-side in the seats from yesterday. Justin rubs his hand up and down my thigh, comforting me. Dad comes down stairs right after Audrey and Alyssa run to the table.

‘Chrissy!’ Audrey cheers taking the seat beside me.

‘I wanted to sit there.’ Alyssa whines through a deep frown.

‘You sat beside her last night!’ Audrey defends.

‘Here.’ Justin stands up form his seat and moves across the table.

He sits in between dad and Dustin, across from me.

‘Thank you Justin.’ They singsong in unison.

‘No problem, ladies.’ Justin nods his head just as Isabelle comes in with a high pile of pancakes.

Both girls giggle happily as they look at one another.

‘Take as many as you want everyone.’ Isabelle places the glass plate in front of my dad.

Each of the kids grab two as well as Justin and dad. Isabelle quietly grabs a few for herself before eyeing me.

‘Chrissy, don’t you want some?’

She couldn’t have poisoned these. There was no way of her knowing which one I’d get. Unless she was willing to take that risk. Chrissy, stop being crazy.

‘Of course, thank you.’ I grab the last two pancakes and the bottle of syrup. ‘These are really good Isabelle.’

‘Why thank you Chrissy. I’m glad you think so.’

‘We’re all going to go out to eat tonight, okay?’ Dad speaks up glancing around the table, ‘to one of the best restaurants around. So if everyone could be ready at eight and we’ll head out.’

‘We’ll be here.’ I reply with a nod.

‘Lovely.’ Isabelle smiled drinking the steaming pale pink glass of coffee. ‘It’ll be great to show them some of the town.’

‘That’s what I was thinking.’ Dad grins over to his wife.

There was something slightly weird about seeing my dad with someone else. Someone who wasn’t my mom. Just like seeing my mom with Jeff. It took some time to get used to but Jeff is a great guy and I’m glad my mom found someone. Dad’s found someone too, thankfully. Unfortunately she was a bit on the sour side.

‘We were going to take the kids to the zoo, if you didn’t have anything else planned.’ I say after breakfast is over.

‘Aw, please dad! Can we go?!’ all of the kids were already out of their seats.

‘It’s okay with me.’ Dad shrugs finishing off his last pancake. ‘Here.’ He digs through his pockets to fish out his brown wallet.

‘No, no, no.’ Justin shakes his head, ‘our treat.’

‘Are you sure?’ dad wonders opening the wallet once again, ‘at least let me give you something.’

‘No, really. It’s our treat.’ I assure him standing up with the kids.

‘Alright, we’ll see you guys later on.’ Dad follows us out to the driveway.

‘Kids wear your seatbelts!’ Isabelle calls from the doorway.

Justin types in the word zoo on the GPS and we wait as it routes the closest one. Turns out there was one about fifteen minutes away from the house right now. As we were waiting in line there was a small amount of people eyeing us. Of course some pulled out their phones taking pictures. I stand in front of the twins while Justin keeps Dustin in front of him.

‘Does this happen all the time?’ Dustin wonders curiously glancing back at the people.

‘Usually.’ Justin replies paying for everyone.

With both of my hands I hold onto the twins walking through the zoo.

‘We haven’t been to a zoo since we went with Jaz and Jax in Canada.’ Justin points out while the kids were looking at the lions.

‘That seems so long ago.’

‘It was so long ago.’ Justin laughs wrapping an arm around me.

‘Maybe we could go back.’

‘Really?’

‘Really. I’d love to see them again.’

‘Well we’ll just have to sit down and set a time to go.’

‘Sounds like a plan.’ I respond following the kids down to the elephants.



‘Are you ready baby?’ Justin calls from the other side of the bathroom door. ‘We’re cutting it pretty close.’

I turn the water off and step out of the shower. I rush to get ready with the only dress I brought with the new pair of heels from Justin in celebration of getting my boot on my foot.

‘There you are. You’re dad said eight, remember?’ Justin teases me as he always did.

‘What time is it?’

‘Seven twenty-five.’ Justin looks at his watch.

He was dressed in a pair of black jeans, a white button up and his white hi-tops. His hair was under the same black beanie from earlier, going together perfectly.

‘Well you look beautiful.’

‘Thank you.’ I smile walking with him out of door. ‘I am loving the beanie by the way.’

‘I know how you just love it when I stuff my hair under one.’

‘Well thank you for thinking of me when getting dressed.’

‘Of course.’ Justin grins stepping out of the elevator first. From the lobby I could see the fans outside waiting.

‘We have the car waiting on the side for you. We can get you out through the kitchen.’

I look back at the fans waiting outside eagerly. Many familiar faces and signs.

‘No.’ I shake my head looking at Justin, ‘I want to meet them.’

‘They have waited all day.’ Justin agrees. ‘We’ll go out the front.’

‘If that’s what you want.’ Security leads the way to the glass double doors.

‘Hello.’ I wave, ‘how are you guys doing tonight?’

‘Hey ladies.’ Justin takes the time to hug each of the fans.

After taking pictures and signing papers we were taken to our car. Justin goes over the speed limit all the way to my dad’s house. They were already in the car waiting for us once we pulled into the driveway.

‘Follow me.’ Dad calls over after rolling down the window.

‘Alright.’ Justin calls back waiting for the sleek silver car to back out.

Twenty minutes later we were going into a classier restaurant. Thankfully I brought the right dress. I could sense some sort of tension in the air but I hadn’t been able to put my foot on it just yet.

‘What are you going to order?’ Justin wonders curiously looking at the menu.

‘I’m not sure. Everything looks good.’

‘Everything is good.’ Isabelle smiles, ‘there’s not one wrong dish here.’

‘Thanks for the heads up.’ I smile back.



Dinner was going great until my mouth started to have this unbearable itchy tingle.