If I Was Your Boyfriend

ninety-three.

Justin’s Point of View

Ryan decides to call up some of my Canada boys to “boost my spirits”. I didn’t want to boost my spirits I just needed Chrissy back. I don’t know how long it’ll take but I just needed her here or at the apartment, whatever. Chaz, Nolan, Mitch, and Sean all rush into Ryan’s house tackling me to the ground.

‘I missed you guys too.’

‘Where have you been hiding out?!’ Chaz pulls me up onto my feet.

‘Here and there.’ I shrug slumping down onto the sofa. ‘Nothing fancy.’

‘How about a NBA tournament?’ Nolan offers holding up a PlayStation controller.

‘Sure.’

Someone tosses the controller onto my lap just when the lights go out. Sean flops down into the seat beside Ryan and me on the other. Chaz, Mitch, and Nolan are scattered around the den in separate chairs. I could only imagine Chrissy joking around with the guys making them love her. She’d probably squeeze in next me wrapping an arm around me as I play. She’d always stare at the screen trying to keep up while I explain as I go.

‘When has anyone ever beat the incredible Justin Bieber in any game or anything for that matter?’ Mitch says aloud.

I hand the controller off to Sean and check my phone. No new notifications. It was already after midnight and I hadn’t even noticed.

‘I’m going to head out. See you guys tomorrow?’

‘Sure man.’

‘Later.’

With that I head out the curb and wait for my dad to pick me up. It was odd – waiting for a ride. I’m used to jumping in my car whenever I felt like it. The car ride to the house was fairly quiet and peaceful. Dad doesn’t ask to many questions as he stepped around eggshells talking to me. As soon as we make it back to the house I go right upstairs to the guest bedroom. I sit on the side of the bed for at least two hours before forcing myself to fall asleep. It wasn’t long before my phone let out a loud ding assaulting my slumber. I pat the bed for my phone before bringing the blinding light to my eyes.

Justin?? – Chrissy.

Was this really happening or was I dreaming? It was five in the morning and she decided to text me? I sit completely up in the bed with my back against the headboard. I could feel my entire body go numb as I unlock my phone.

Yeah? – Justin.

Nearly as soon as it read delivered Chrissy was calling me. I immediately answer the phone and bring it to my ear. The other line was dead silent.

‘Chris, you there?’

‘I’m here.’ She says in the quietest voice.

Those two words practically sent life through my body. I felt like I had been walking for days in the dessert and I’m finally getting a cold sip of water. I wanted more.

‘Is something wrong? It’s five in the morning.’

‘I just found out about the car accident. I wanted- I needed to make sure you were okay. No one had heard anything besides the fact that you went to the hospital. I didn’t know if you were still there or in some kind of critical condition. I didn’t want to call your mom in the wee hours of the morning so I thought I would call you. I figured I’d had a better chance of you answering if you weren’t hurt. I literally found out as soon as I just turned my phone on a second ago. I didn’t want you to think I didn’t care about you anymore or anything because I do- I’m just rambling right now. Are you okay?’

Why’d it have to be my turn to talk? I just wanted to hear her ramble on and on with the cute sleep voice she had going right now.

‘I’m- fine, Chris.’ I breathe slowly trying to control the fact that my heart was racing.

‘What happened?’

‘I ran off the road – into a fence. The fence has more damage than me and my car combined.’

‘What do you mean you ran off the road? Did you have a blow out? Did you try to stop from hitting something?’

‘No.’ was all I could get out.

I didn’t exactly want to tell her that I was having a sobbing session and swerved into the other lane. I could spare her a few details – if she doesn’t go online and find out herself.

‘Oh.’

The line goes painfully quiet again and I hate it. I check the phone and she’s still there, quietly breathing.

‘The doctor said I had a minor concussion.’ I blurt out and I have no idea why.

‘A concussion?’ she gasps into the phone.

‘Yeah, my head hit the headrest when the airbag came out. He says give it a few days and I should be completely fine.’

‘How are you feeling now?’

‘I have a headache and I’m a little sensitive to light and sound right now. But other than that, I’m managing.’

‘Did they give you anything for that?’

‘No, he just said to give it some time and relax.’

‘Are you alone at the apartment?’

The apartment. My stomach instantly drops from the mere mentioning of the apartment. I was going to have to go back to LA eventually, back to an empty apartment. That is the last thing I wanted to think or talk about. With the sound of her voice when she said it I think she would agree.

‘I’m in Canada.’

‘Oh, good.’ Her tone is now relieved just like I was. ‘I’m sorry for calling you this late.’

‘Or this early?’ I tease her and she stiffs out a laugh. ‘It’s fine. You can call me whenever you want.’

‘I just decided to check in on you and to make sure you’re okay so I really didn’t mean to disturb you.’

‘It’s fine, trust me.’

‘Alright, you should get some sleep so I’ll just let you go.’

No don’t let me go. Please stay and talk to me forever. Let’s talk on my way to the airport. You can stand there and I’d run to you never letting you go again. You could fly here. Like we planned. We can make it past this. I know we can.

‘I’m sorry, bab- Chrissy. I could never tell you that enough. I am so sorry.’

‘Yeah, I know. Night Justin.’

Before I could say anything else my phone beeps signaling the phone call has ended.

Chrissy’s Point of View

With my shaky hand I set the phone down on the bed beside me. Justin’s voice sent chills and butterflies throughout my body. I had to call him to make sure everything was okay after I turned my phone on to see numerous tweets about “Pray for Justin” and Danielle sent several texts asking if he was okay or if I had heard anything. I search twitter for more information to find out that he had been in some kind of car accident. I text him thinking the absolute worst but to my surprise he texts back instantly. I call him up just to hear his voice failing to realize what time it was. He assures me he’s just fine before casually mentioning he has a concussion. He also informed me he was in Canada so I’m glad he’s with family. We talked for a little over five minutes before I decide to let him rest.

‘I’m sorry, bab- Chrissy.’ Justin said.

Baby.

‘Night Justin.’

For the rest of the night I sat in the bed staring at the plain walls. I don’t remember falling asleep I just remember waking up on the side of the bed. Rocky was snoring lightly under the sheets in the bed. I check my phone to see a new message from Justin.

It was good hearing from you even if it was for a couple of minutes. You don’t know how much I needed to hear your voice. I’ve been so miserable without you. And I know its all my fault, I know that. I know I screwed up. It was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. Please, Chris. I’m literally begging you to come back to me. I will never hurt you again. I love you more than anything in the world. – Justin.

I’m sorry, I can’t. – Chrissy.

Yes you can. – Justin.

I put my phone in my purse and get ready to start day three without Justin.